About the Sony XAV-602BT
Add Bluetooth® to your ride
Add Bluetooth® to your ride
The XAV-602BT's touchscreen sports a clean, uncluttered interface.
Sony also adds Bluetooth to the mix, for a wireless link between your mobile device and the XAV-602BT DVD receiver. If you're a Pandora® fan with an Android™ or Blackberry™ device, you can pair your phone and the receiver for complete Pandora® control without ever connecting a wire. You'll enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling, and you'll have touchscreen access to your phone book once your phone is paired.
Optional TomTom navigation
Sony's XA-NV300T navigation module is compatible with the XAV-602BT. The module delivers continuous access to TomTom's IQ Routes, a massive real travel time database with millions of users that keeps you informed of potential traffic tie-ups and accidents, sending you to your destination along the fastest route.
Plenty of media options
You can plug your iPhone® into the front USB input for direct control and playback of audio files, plus access to Pandora. For video and more, Sony's RC-202IPV cable (not included) connects your iPod or iPhone to the receiver, so you can enjoy playback of video content when parked, plus view and control compatible apps. You can play just about any CD or DVD, and the rear USB port and two audio/video inputs give you lots of options for connecting sources.
Sound tuning — done your way
Your music will pop, thanks to this Sony's robust built-in amp. But you'll probably enjoy taking charge of tuning the sound to match your car and your taste. The EQ7 7-band equalizer lets you set the tone curve just the way you like it, while Sony's Advanced Sound Engine (ASE) features Intelligent Time Alignment (ITA), plus a Center Speaker Optimizer (CSO) for a virtual center channel.
Satellite radio — experience the variety
The XAV-602BT offers the option to access SiriusXM® by adding the SXV300 satellite radio tuner (not included, SiriusXM subscription required). SiriusXM offers an unparalleled variety of music, sports, news, and talk when you're on the road.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
- DVD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/52 peak x 4 channels)
- detachable 6.1" touchscreen
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora® control with iPhone®, Android™, and Blackberry™ phones
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- Sony SensMe technology organizes your music (external computer required for setup)
- EQ7 7-band equalizer
- Advanced Sound Engine (ASE) features Intelligent Time Alignment (ITA), plus Center Speaker Optimizer (CSO) for a virtual center channel
- high- and low-pass filters
- iPhone/iPod control
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front and rear USB inputs, two rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear video, 5-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, mono sub)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XAV-602BT
What's in the box:
- Double-din DVD receiver (10A ATC fuse inserted in chassis)
- 6.1" Detachable monitor (installed)
- Custom trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Preamp/Aux harness
- Remote control (RM-X271)
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone (w/ attached 12' cord terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Visor bracket
- Two-sided tape
- 6 ISO mounting screws
- Face-fixing screw
- Face pouch
- Operating Instructions (En/Fr/Sp)
- Installation/Connections booklet (En/Fr/Sp)
- US Limited Warranty sheet
- Canada Consumer 1 Year Warranty
- Important Notice
- Detaching/Attaching front-panel note
- Face-fixing screw note
More details on the Sony XAV-602BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear) x 2|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||52 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
Disc & USB Playback
6.1" Detachable Touchscreen Display: The Sony XAV-602BT DVD receiver features a 6.1" widescreen (17:9) touchscreen LCD monitor. The WVGA LCD monitor has a high resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB; with 1,152,000 total pixels. The LCD monitor provides touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
- Gesture Commands (with Touch Effect): You can perform frequently-used operations by making command strokes across the XAV-602BT's touchscreen display. Draw a horizontal line left-to-right to skip/seek forward or draw a horizontal line right-to-left to skip/seek backward. You can also draw a vertical line upwards to fast-forward a video or skip forward in a folder; as well as draw a vertical line downwards to reverse a video or skip backward in a folder. When the Touch Effect feature is activated the touchscreen will display a light trail where you have touched the display.
- Background Themes: You can select between various background themes for the head unit's touchscreen monitor. Choose from Animal, Balloon, Gate, Glow, Graffiti, Ink, Random, or Off.
- Icon Adjustment: You can choose for the unit's Home screen menu icons to be displayed based on how often they are used or by system default. These same icons can be displayed in a 2D or 3D mode.
Note: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language; English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Korean, or Tai.
Detachable Display w/ Caution Alarm: The unit's 6.1" touchscreen monitor is detachable and comes with a carrying pouch to deter theft. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the LCD monitor non-detachable, if desired. If you turn the ignition switch to the Off position without detaching the front-panel, the caution alarm will sound for a few seconds. The alarm will only sound if the built-in amplifier is used.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Dynamic Color Illuminator: In addition to the head unit's touchscreen controls, the XAV-602BT also offers a rotary knob and hard-key buttons along the left side of the screen. Dynamic Color Illuminator lets you match the head unit's button illumination to complement your existing vehicle lighting components (35,936 color choices). With selectable Sound Synchronization, the timing of the color change is synchronized with the audio source. You can select from 12 preset colors (red/amber/m-amber/yellow/white/light green/green/light blue/sky blue/blue/purple/pink), customized color, & 5 preset patterns (rainbow/ocean/sunset/forest/random).
Picture Settings: You can select a picture quality mode suitable for the interior brightness of your vehicle. You can choose from Dynamic, Standard, Theater, Sepia, or Custom (1/2). The Custom (1/2) Picture EQ modes allow you to make your own picture quality settings by adjusting the picture tones manually. You can adjust the Brightness, Color, and Color Tone (warm/normal/cool). You can also change the screen's aspect ratio of the DVD receiver's LCD monitor to suit your video content. You can choose from Normal, Wide, Full, or Zoom.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire in the supplied 22-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. Video can only be displayed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
Dimmer + Auto Off: To change the brightness of the display you can set the XAV-602BT to one of two dimmer modes; Dimmer Auto (dims the display automatically when you turn your vehicle's lights on), or Dimmer On (display always dim). You can adjust the dimmer level from -5 to +5. When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you can set the unit to turn off all lighting at a set amount of time after you turn the power off. The Auto Off feature can be set to 30 seconds, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or No.
Bluetooth Technology: The Sony XAV-602BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1 + EDR), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony XAV-602BT. Please visit Sony eSupport for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Sony XAV-602BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Up to 9 phones or audio devices can be paired with the XAV-602BT, however, only one device can be used at a time. When a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Sony XAV-602BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. Bluetooth hands-free communication helps to minimize distraction while driving by allowing you to control your mobile phone from the head unit, so you don't have to touch your mobile phone. The controls of the XAV-602BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering Calls: Incoming calls can be answered manually or automatically (between 3-10 seconds) through the Sony head unit, while the ring tone is output from your car speakers and the caller's name or phone number is displayed on the head unit's LCD. Incoming calls can also be rejected if desired.
- Dialing a Number: Using the XAV-602BT, you can dial a phone number in a variety of ways. You can manually dial phone number using the unit's touchscreen or make call using the voice tags stored in your mobile phone. You'll also be able to access your phonebook (up to 1,000 contacts/3 numbers each, as well as store 6 of your favorite contacts for speed dialing. In addition, the unit stores the last 20 calls, allowing you to select the last dialed/received/missed phone numbers. You can even use its redial function to quickly dial the last number called.
Note: The external microphone features an attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone comes with a mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.465" (diameter) x 1.425" (depth).
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Meta Data Display): The Sony XAV-602BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. You can stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the XAV-602BT. You'll be able to control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Shuffle/Repeat. The head unit will also display your music's song/artist information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album title. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to control advanced music playback functions. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Control: When paired and connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth (not USB), the Sony XAV-602BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's "Home/Voice" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the XAV-602BT and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Sony XAV-602BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Direct: The Sony XAV-602BT supports direct connection of your Lightning or 30-pin Apple device through its front- or rear-panel USB ports (use the cable that came with your Apple device or other "Made for iPod/iPhone" cable). The XAV-602BT offers audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple devices. The Sony XAV-602BT's USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's music library to be loaded instantly to the Sony head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 120dB.
- Playback Control: The XAV-602BT provides control over your connected iPod/iPhone device with the ability to choose from various playback & search modes to suit your application. The Quick-BrowZer feature allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Album, Track, Genre, Playlist, Artist, or Music Podcast. You can then search within a specific Quick-BrowZer category alphabetically (A-Z). With the unit's Zappin feature, you can play music tracks & albums in 6, 15, or 30-second clips until you find the song you are looking for on your connected iPod/iPhone. The XAV-602BT also supports Repeat (Track/Album) & Shuffle (Album) playback modes. You can also choose to control your iPod/iPhone from its touchscreen or active Passenger App Control.
- Music Information + Album Art: When in Head Unit Control mode, the DVD receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song Title, Artist/Album Name, and Album Art. The XAV-602BT will also display song/artist information and station identification from select music apps. The Passenger App Control mode does not offer song/artist information display.
- 1A Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Sony XAV-602BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/9/2017):
Apple Device Generation Tested Version Media Type Control Type Display Type Bluetooth Charge Audio Video Head Unit Passenger App Pandora App App Remote Album Art Song/Artist Text Track Info Phone Audio Siri iPhone 2G 3.1.3 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y Y N N Y 3G 4.2.1 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y Y Y N Y 3GS 5.1.1 Y N Y Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y N Y 4 7.1.2 Y N Y Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y N Y 4S 9.3.5 Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y SE 10.2.1 Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y 5/5C/5S 10.2.1 Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y 6/6+/6S/6S+ 10.2.1 Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y 7/7+ 10.2.1 Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y touch 1st 2.2.1 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y 2nd 4.2.1 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N Y N Y 3rd 5.1.1 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N Y N Y 4th 6.1.6 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N Y N Y 5th 9.3.5 Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y 6th 10.2.1 Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y nano 2nd 1.1.3 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y 3rd 1.1.3 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y 4th 1.0.4 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y 5th 1.0.2 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y 6th 1.2 PC Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y 7th 1.02 PC Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N Y N Y classic 80GB 1.1.2 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y 120GB 2.0.1 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y 160GB 2.0.4 Y N Y Y N N Y Y Y N N N Y
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Compatible Discs: The Sony multimedia head unit has a front loading disc slot to make loading your disc easier, because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The Sony XAV-602BT supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-/+R DL, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW, and VCD discs. The Sony XAV-602BT supports various audio & video files recorded onto DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, and CD-R/RW discs. Files recorded onto data CDs must be formatted in ISO 9660 level 1/2 or Joliet/Romeo. Files recorded onto data DVDs must be formatted in UDF Bridge (combined UDF/ISO 9660). The XAV-602BT can support up 256 folders, and a combined 2,000 folders and files on a disc.
Dual USB Ports: The DVD receiver is equipped with a front-panel and rear-panel USB (type-A) port that can be used for plugging in (MSC) Mass Storage Class USB devices; such as select Android devices (Froyo/Gingerbread 2.2+ OS only), digital audio players, and thumbdrives. The rear-panel USB port is attached to the rear-chassis via a 58" cable. The head unit can play video, photo, and audio files stored on a compatible USB device. The files must be formatted in FAT 12/16/32. The head unit can recognize up to 10,000 files from a single USB memory device. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The USB ports are not MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) or MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) compatible.
Media File Playback: The Sony XAV-602BT supports a variety of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto disc or loaded onto a USB device.
|Compatible Video Files||Codec||File Extension||Max Bit Rate||Max Resolution||Max Frame Rate|
|H.264/AVC (USB only)||.mp4, m4v||14 Mbps||1280 x 720||30 fps (30p/60i)|
|MPEG-4||.mp4||12 Mbps (USB), 10Mbps (DVD), 7Mbps (CD)||720 x 576||30 fps (30p/60i)|
|WMV (USB only)||.wmv||20 Mbps||1280 x 720||30 fps (30p/60i)|
|Xvid||.avi, xvid||8 Mbps (USB), 10Mbps (DVD), 7Mbps (CD)||720 x 576||30 fps (30p/60i)|
|Compatible Audio Files||Codec||File Extension||Bit Rate||Sampling Frequency||Information Display|
|MP3||.mp3||48-192 kbps (VBR)||32, 44.1, 48 kHz||ID3-tags (16-126 characters)|
|WMA||.wma||64-192 kbps (VBR)||44.1 kHz||WMA-tag (63 characters)|
|AAC||.mp4, .m4a||40-320 kbps (VBR)||44.1, 48 kHz||iTunes (126 characters)|
|PCM (USB only)||.wav||1,411 kbps||44.1 kHz||n/a|
|Compatible Photo Files||Codec||File Extension||Profile||Max Resolution||Total Resolution|
|JPEG (USB only)||.jpg, jpeg||DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21 (Baseline profile)||6048 x 4032||24,000,000 pixels|
Playback & Search Functions: The XAV-602BT offers the following USB search & playback functions.
- Track List: The Sony XAV-602BT displays a list of albums, folders, tracks, images, or video files stored on a disc or USB device, so you can quickly search your audio/video content.
- Quick-BrowZer: Allows you to search for a track on a connected USB device easily by category (Genre, Artist, Album, or Playlist)
- Jump Mode: Gets you closer to the song you want by allowing you to fast forward through a music category in 10% increments.
- Zappin: Play music (files or folders) in 6, 15, or 30-second clips until you find the song you are looking for on your inserted disc or connected USB device.
- Repeat: DVD (Title/Chapter), CD (All/Track), MP3/WMA/AAC (All/Track/Folder), Xvid/MPEG-4/WMW/H.264 (All/File/Folder)
- Random: DVD (Title), CD (Disc), MP3/WMA/AAC (Folder), Xvid/MPEG-4/WMV/H.264 (Folder)
- Multi-Disc Resume: The Sony XAV-602BT can store the playback resume settings in its memory for up to 5 DVD discs.
Off Insert/Eject + Audio Reload: A disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. The head unit will automatically begin disc playback, when a disc is inserted with the receiver set to a different source or powered off. The DVD receiver will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
Content Transfer/SensMe Online Software: The Content Transfer/SensMe online software can organize your music into playlists that perfectly match your mood, scene, and location, making it easier to choose the music that fits the moment. SensMe actually looks at the beats-per-minute and automatically groups your music (stored on your windows-based computer) into channels, making listening and managing all of your content even simpler. Once you have downloaded & used the SensMe software to organize your PC's music, you can then transfer that music to your USB mass storage class device (Not iPod/iPhone or MTP Device) for playback on the Sony head unit. You can select & play a channel that fits your mood from the following categories.
- Time of Day: Tracks are recommended for each time of day. Choose from Morning, Daytime, Evening, Night, or Midnight.
- Music Type: Plays tracks according to the music type. Choose from Energetic, Relax, Upbeat, Mellow, Lounge, Emotional, Dance, and Extreme.
- Driving Type: Plays track that are suitable for type of driving. Choose from Freeway, Chillout Drive, Weekend Trip, Midnight Cruise, Party Ride, Morning Commute, and Going Home.
- Mood Map: Distributes tracks as dots on a two-axis mood map, based on the characteristics of individual tracks (last 200 tracks transferred). Simply touch a point on the map according to your Mood (Sad/Happy), Type (Acoustic/Electronic), Style (Soft/Hard), or Time (Morning/Midnight) and a circle appears around the touched point, and the tracks inside that circle are played.
Note: Download of the Content Transfer/SensMe online software to your windows-based computer is required to enable the SensMe function on this head unit. The software must be downloaded to your PC & then music content must be transferred to a USB (MSC) device. The SensMe software is not compatible with iPod/iPhone or USB MTP devices.
System Requirements for SensMe Software: Your Windows-based computer must meet the following system requirements.
|CPU||Intel Pentium III Processor 450 MHz or higher|
|OS||Windows 7 (SP1), Windows Vista (SP1 or later), Windows XP (SP2 or later)|
|RAM||256 MB or more (for Windows XP), 512 MB or more (for Windows Vista or later)|
|Monitor||High color (16-bit) or more, 800 x 600 dots or more|
Note: 64-bit & Media Center versions of Windows XP are not supported. Not compatible Mac.
Digital Clarity Tuner w/ RDS: The Sony XAV-602BT is equipped with a Digital Clarity Tuner for clear AM/FM stereo sound with digital processing technology. Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal. The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets each in FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2 (total: 18 FM/12 AM). Preset tuning can be done manually or automatically (BSM). BSM (Best Tuning Memory) selects stations with the best signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency. You can select from FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
Pandora Internet Radio: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The Sony XAV-602BT DVD receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio that is being streamed to your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (A2DP/AVRCP/SPP profiles). You will need to download the latest Pandora App version onto your compatible smartphone device from Apple's App Store or Google Play. The Sony XAV-602BT will display song/artist/album information, as well as provide control over your Pandora music.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- New Station: Based on a currently playing track or artist, you can create a new station and save it to your Pandora account. Stations can also be deleted.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, 4G (LTE), or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora Internet Radio music service account. Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Sony XAV-602BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Dynamic Reality Amp w/ 24-Bit DAC The Sony XAV-602BT DVD receiver features a newly developed sound processor for less distortion, an S-MOSFET IC for smooth signal transmission, and a large-sized capacitor for deep bass sound. In addition, the XAV-602BT is equipped with Sony's Dynamic Reality Amp to produce 3-dimensional sound staging for more realistic sound inside your vehicle. The Sony XAV-602BT also utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
- Continuous Power Output: 17 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Peak Power Output: 52 watts x 4-channels (208 total watts)
Note: The power specifications for the Sony XAV-602BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the XAV-602BT are as follows:
5ch/5V Preamp Outputs + Subwoofer Control: The XAV-602BT contains five 5-volt RCA preamp outputs; a front channel pair, rear channel pair, and mono-subwoofer channel. The front and rear channel preamp outputs can be faded. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. You can adjust the subwoofer preamp output's volume level independently from the head unit's volume control from -6 to +6 in 1dB increments. You can also select the phase of the subwoofer output from Normal or Reverse.
Low-Pass & High-Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer preamp output features a low pass filter with a selectable cut-off frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off. The front & rear speaker outputs offer a selectable high-pass crossover frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off.
EQ7: You can select an equalizer curve from eight music types; Xplod, Vocal, Edge, Cruise, Space, Gravity, Custom, or Off (Flat). The Custom EQ7 mode allows you to make your own equalizer settings. You can adjust the level (+/-8dB) of seven different frequency bands; Band1 (63Hz), Band2 (160Hz), Band3 (400Hz), Band4 (1kHz), Band5 (2.5khz), Band6 (6.3khz), and Band7 (16.0kHz).
ASE (Advanced Sound Engine): The Sony XAV-602BT offers multi-channel playback with its Advanced Sound Engine, featuring Intelligent Time Alignment (ITA), Center Speaker Optimizer (CSO), and Rear Bass Enhancer (RBE) to create a virtual 5.1 listening experience to rival the most advanced home theater equipment.
- ITA (Intelligent Time Alignment): This unit can change the localization of sound by delaying the sound output from each speaker and subwoofer to suit your position, giving you the feeling of being in the center of the soundfield wherever you sit in the car. The options for the Listening Positions are - Front Left, Front Right, Front Center, All, Custom, or Off. The Custom ITA mode allows you to precisely calibrate the output from each speaker so that the sound from all speakers reaches the listener at the same time. Simply measure the distance between your listening position and each speaker from 0 to 13.1' (in 0.8125" increments). You can also set the subwoofer distance of the subwoofer to Near, Normal, or Far.
- CSO (Center Speaker Organizer): A typical surround sound systems has 5 speakers (front left/right, rear left/right, center) and 1 subwoofer. CSO allows you to create a virtual center channel speaker even though a real center speaker is not connected.
- RBE (Rear Bass Enhancer): RBE enhances the bass sound by applying the low-pass filter setting to the rear speakers. This function allows the rear speakers to work as a subwoofer even if there is no subwoofer connected.
Level Adjustments: You can adjust the audio output level for a DVD recorded in Dolby Digital format, to reduce the volume level differences between disc and source. Dynamic Range Compression makes the sound clearer when the volume is set to low while watching a DVD movie. You can set the Audio DRC to Standard (normal) or Wide (live performance). In addition, you can adjust the volume level of each connected speaker individually.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual Audio/Video Inputs: The XAV-602BT is equipped with two audio/video inputs for connecting an external audio/video source. Each audio/video input consists of a composite video jack and a pair of stereo RCA jacks. You can adjust the audio level of the audio/video inputs from +/-18.
Video Output (with Dual Zone): The XAV-602BT features a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA audio output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can simultaneously enjoy different sources in the front and rear of your vehicle. You can select from any source for the head unit's touchscreen monitor. You can only select Disc for the connected external monitor. When Dual Zone is activated, use the head unit's touchscreen to control the front source and use the included IR remote to operate the rear source.
Rear View Camera: The Sony XAV-602BT is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. You can view a Normal or Reversed (mirror) image, as well as display marker lines to assist you while backing up. The head unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera In jack) when an optional rear camera (sold separately) is installed on your vehicle. When your vehicle's shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera. The purple/white wire (attached to the unit's preamp output harness), must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 2.5 seconds.
Optional TomTom Navigation System: Connect the optional XA-NV300T TomTom navigation system (158XAN300T, sold separately) to the XAV-602BT's rear-panel USB input to get continuous access to TomTom's intuitive user interface and world-class mapping technologies, including IQ Routes, the word's biggest real travel time database. You'll never have to worry about network connections or data costs because the system works independently of your smartphone.
App Remote Technology: Sony's App Remote Technology offers two-way communication between the Sony XAV-602BT and your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (OS 2.2+)). You will need to download the free Sony App Remote application from Apple's App Store or Google Play This application integrates compatible Apple iOS and Android apps into the selectable source list of the Sony CD receiver and lets you launch apps from the head unit. You can operate basic functionality of compatible audio apps directly from the receiver (operation differs depending on the app). Movie and navigation apps will continue to be controlled from your smartphone. In addition, you can control the receiver's sources directly from the application on your smartphone using simple finger gestures and see detailed source information on the phone's touchscreen.
- Receiver Sources: The App Remote lets you access the head unit's Tuner (AM/FM), CD, iPhone, Bluetooth, and Aux sources from your phone's touchscreen. You can use finger gestures to tap, flick left/right, or flick up/down on the phone's touchscreen in order to change AM/FM Band, Play/Pause a track, Seek Up/Down a track or station, select a Preset, or access an Album. You will also be able to see song/artist information from MP3/WMA/AAC and smartphone sources, as well as station identification numbers from AM/FM radio.
- Compatible Apps: The App Remote also
provides various music, movie, and navigation apps which can be accesses
from the Sony XAV-602BT's source list. Available operation differs depending
on the application.
- Music Apps: Music apps include; Pandora, AUPEO!, iHeartRadio, MOG, and TuneIn. The head unit only provides basic Play/Pause functions and no song/artist information for these music apps.
- Movie Apps: Movie apps include Netflix and YouTube. Video will be displayed on your smartphone's screen, while the audio plays through your vehicle's speakers. You can control Play/Pause from the XAV-602BT. Other playback functions will need to done on your smartphone. Subscription may be required. You should not watch videos while your vehicle is in motion.
- Navigation Apps: Supported navigation apps include Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, and MotionX GPS Drive. The map screen will display on your smartphone's touchscreen, while audible directions can be heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can continue to listen to music streamed from your smartphone while navigating; the unit will attenuate your music during a navigation voice-prompt. Control of the navigation apps will still be done through your smartphone's touchscreen. Fees may apply for some navigation apps & functions.
- Voice Communication + Notification Readout (Android only): Exclusive to Android devices, App Remote technology for the XAV-602BT head unit adds a voice user interface for voice control of apps and functions such as navigation and music playback, notification readouts including RSS feeds, Twitter, and text message reply. Through voice operation, you can safely and comfortably operate your smartphone in the car from the Sony XAV-601BT DVD receiver. Incoming SMS/E-mail and Twitter/Facebook/Calendar notifications are automatically read aloud through the Sony XAV-601BT and your vehicle's speakers to keep you in touch.
- Custom Sound Settings: From your Android smartphone remote screen, you get access to audio & DSP settings (Equalizer, Volume Control, Fader/Balance/Subwoofer, and Listening Position).
Note: Access to the music, movie, and navigation apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
IR Remote Control: The Sony multimedia head unit comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control (RM-X271) for easy operation. The included wireless remote allows you to control the basic functions (not Bluetooth) of the Sony head unit while keeping your eyes on the road.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
23 questions already asked