About the AudioControl 6XS
6-channel crossover with built-in line driver
6-channel crossover with built-in line driver
Don't let your crossover be the weak link in your car audio chain. AudioControl's 6XS 6-channel crossover uses a steep 24 dB per octave slope to separate your high and low frequencies, along with a built-in line driver that'll beef up the signal from an anemic receiver.
The 6XS crossover features front. rear, and subwoofer inputs, along with four sets of outputs: front high-pass, front low-pass, rear high-pass, and subwoofer. It comes preloaded with crossover modules that will work in a number of system configurations, but you can change the crossover point by buying another AudioControl module, or by modifying the modules installed in your 6XS. A built-in filter cleans up extreme subsonics in your signal so your amps and subs will play louder and cleaner.
Simple to set up
Once connected, the 6XS's dash-mount remote control makes managing your subwoofer output level easy just twist the knob when you want more bass. The LED glows brighter when you increase the signal, and dims when you dial it back. Balanced inputs reject noise caused by your vehicle's electrical system, but internal switching gives you other options for dealing with ground loops.
Information provided by AudioControl
- 6-channel Linkwitz-Riley electronic crossover
- gray steel chassis with gold-plated RCA jacks
- line driver with adjustable output (up to 9 volts)
- top-mounted controls for easy adjustment
- 6-channel inputs (front, rear, sub)
- 8-channel outputs: front high-pass (250 Hz and up), front low-pass 90-250 Hz), rear high-pass (250 Hz and up), subwoofer (30-90 Hz)
- balanced inputs eliminate noise
- PFM subsonic filter (18-100 Hz at 18 dB/octave)
- frequency response: 10 to 100,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- maximum output level: 9.5 volts (13v peak)
- fuse rating: 2 amps
- size: 7-1/4"W x 1-1/4"H x 7-3/4"D
- weight: 2.5 pounds
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 8410403
What's in the box:
- Six-channel crossover (dark gray chassis)
- 20' Remote lead (4-conductor phone cable with RJ14 modular plugs on each end)
- Remote control module
- Self-adhesive remote control label
- Owner's Enjoyment Manual
- A Message From the People Who Built This Unit
- Ticket To Ride product registration card
More details on the AudioControl 6XS
Overview: The AudioControl 6XS is an active 6-channel electronic crossover. You can independently adjust the front high-pass and low-pass, rear high-pass, and subwoofer low-pass crossovers. In addition, the unit has a programmable subsonic filter for optimum subwoofer performance. The outputs can be adjusted up to 9.5 volts RMS (13 volts peak) for low system noise.
Note: Since the 6XS does not have a built-in amplifier, it must be used in conjunction with one or more external amplifiers.
High-Quality Components: The 6XS is equipped with high-quality components, including sharp 24dB per octave Linkwitz-Riley alignment crossovers.
AutoMode Inputs: If the source unit has front, rear, and subwoofer outputs, you can connect them directly to the inputs on the crossover. If you are using only front and rear channels, or only two channels, the AutoMode circuitry will automatically feed the subwoofer channel with signals from the front inputs.
Crossover Frequencies: The 6XS comes with pre-loaded crossover modules that will allow it to work in a number of system configurations. If your system requires different frequencies, you can obtain other crossover modules, with frequencies of 15 to 3500 Hz, directly from the manufacturer. Each crossover has a slope of 24 dB per octave. The factory settings are:
|Outputs||Four/Six-Channel Input||Two-Channel Input|
|Front High-pass||250 Hz and up||250 Hz and up|
|Front Low-pass||90 Hz to 250 Hz||90 Hz to 250 Hz|
|Rear High-pass||250 Hz and up||---|
|Subwoofer||30 Hz to 90 Hz||30 Hz to 90 Hz|
Programmable Frequency Match (PFM) Filter: When subwoofers are forced to reproduce frequencies lower than they are designed to play, the result is wasted amplifier power and damaged speakers. The Programmable Frequency Match (PFM) filter is a programmable 18dB per octave Chebyshev subsonic filter which allows you to only let the speaker play as low as it is designed to play. The unit comes with a plug-in resistor module set at 33 Hz (located under the removable cover). Changing the frequency of the PFM filter requires obtaining a plug-in module of a different frequency, available directly from the manufacturer. Modules are available in frequencies between 10 Hz and 100 Hz.
Output Levels: Each output has a rotary level control, allowing you to independently set the level of the front low-pass, front high-pass, rear high-pass, and subwoofer. Three of the outputs (the front low-pass and high-pass are combined) have three LEDs to indicate when the output levels reach 2 volts, 5 volts, and maximized.
Remote Bass Level Control: The unit comes with a remote bass level control, variable from 0dB to +18dB. Using the mounting bracket, the supplied remote bass level control can be mounted in any convenient location under your vehicle's dash. The green LED on the module glows brighter as the level is increased. (You can easily change the color of the LED to amber, if desired.) The remote bass level control is 2.56" wide, 1.532" tall, and 2.436" deep. The included cable is 20' in length.
Power Connectors: The power, ground, and remote terminals are located on a convenient plug-in module, which can be easily connected to the wires prior to plugging it into the crossover. Connecting the wires to the module requires a small slotted screwdriver. The module will accommodate power and ground wires of 18 to 12 gauge, and a remote turn-on lead of 22 to 12 gauge. The power wire should have an in-line fuse with a rating of 1 or 2 Amps.
Ground Isolation Selector: When alternator whine is present in the system, you can provide an alternative grounding connection. Inside the unit, you can move the jumpers on the Ground Isolation Selector to remedy the problem.
Inputs and Outputs:
- Left Side:
- Power Connections: removable module with power, ground, and remote terminals
- Subwoofer Input: left and right RCA audio jacks
- Rear Input: left and right RCA audio jacks
- Front/Main Input: left and right RCA audio jacks
- Right Side:
- Remote Level Control: RJ14 jack for supplied remote level control cable
- Subwoofer Output: left and right RCA audio jacks
- Rear High-pass Output: left and right RCA audio jacks
- Front Low-pass Output: left and right RCA audio jacks
- Front High-pass Output: left and right RCA audio jacks
Specifications: (measured at 14.4 volts DC)
- Signal Gain: 0 to +12 dB front/rear, 0 to +18 dB subwoofer
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 100 kHz +/-1 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: -110 dB
- Input Impedance: 20 K Ohms
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
4 questions already asked