About the AudioControl ACX-300.1
One of the main issues with powersports amplifiers used to be that the amp wouldn't survive when you washed off your vehicle after a good day of dirty fun. AudioControl's ACX-300.1 mono subwoofer amplifier carries an IPX6 waterproof rating, which means you can clean it off with a powerful water jet spray and it won't hurt a thing. Construction details include conformal circuit board coatings, insulated gaskets for the control panel cover, and waterproof input, output, and power connections.
Play your bass loud and clear
The ACX-300.1 can send out up to 300 watts RMS to your sub — plenty enough to hear the bass clearly over the sounds of wind and motor. This tiny, hand-size amp will fit almost anywhere in almost any kind of vehicle, and it features high-level inputs with signal-sensing turn-on, so it'll work with almost any stereo system. To simplify setup, a "Maximized" LED indicates when you've set the amplifier's gain for optimum performance.
- mono powersports/marine amplifier
- 175 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- frequency response: 26-22,000 Hz
- selectable low-pass filter (bypass, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- fixed subsonic filter (24 Hz)
- AccuBASS® processing improves bass performance
- optional ACR-1 wired remote available
- IPX6 rated chassis will withstand power washing
- fully sealed input, output, and power connections
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- GTO™ (Great Turn On) signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level input
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 10-3/4"W x 2-7/16"H x 3-7/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACX-300.1
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier (attached 12" power/ground/input/output harnesses)
- 7" Power & ground harness (10 ga.)
- 7" Speaker output harness
- 16.5' ACR-1 Remote Level Control cable w/ a RJ-14 plug on one end and a male 3.5mm plug on other end (ACR-1 Remote Level Control not included)
- Power & ground connector (empty)
- 2 Crimp-on terminals for power & ground harness
- Harness locking pin
- 2 Rubber grommets
- Four 3/4" screws
- Quickstart guide
More details on the AudioControl ACX-300.1
Overview: The AudioControl ACX-300.1 all-weather amplifier is a compact mono amp designed for your boat, ATV, UTV, motorcycle, and more. The all-weather amp can provide 175 watts RMS into a 4Ω load and 300 watts RMS into a 2Ω load. The ACX-300.1 also features both RCA line-level and speaker-level inputs, making it ideal for OEM and aftermarket headunits.
Note: The AudioControl ACX-300.1 does not include an amplifier wiring kit. A minimum 8 ga. kit is recommended (sold separately).
High-/Low-Level Inputs: The ACX-300.1 includes two built-in 12" RCA inputs that can accept either high- or low-level input signals. If running high-level signals, RCA to speaker-wire adapters must be used (sold separately), or the RCA connectors must be cut off and the bare-ended wire used.
- Low-Level Input Range: 500mV - 6Vrms
- High-Level Input Range: 1Vrms - 12Vrms
AccuBASS: The patented AccuBASS processing circuit compensates for factory bass rolloff to improve bass performance, especially with most factory installed sound systems. The circuit has two rotary controls: the Threshold lets you dial in the level at which the AccuBASS will begin to work, and a Level control that adjusts the amount of AccuBASS compensation.
Crossovers: The ACX-300.1 includes a 12 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley low-pass filter with a 3-position switch to change the crossover point. Choices include 80Hz, 120Hz, or Bypass.
Gain Maximized LEDs: The mono amp's inputs include a Gain control to the properly set the overall output level. A Maximized LED indicator will light to let you know when the output signal has reached its optimum performance level, helping to avoid running a distorted signal to your speakers.
GTO (Great Turn On) Signal Sense: If you are connecting the amplifier to a factory stereo, or an aftermarket unit without preamp outputs and a remote turn-on lead, the GTO Signal Sense circuitry can turn on the amplifier when an audio signal is detected on either the line-level or speaker-level inputs. After a period of time with no signal input, the amp will turn itself off.
Optional Wired Remote Control: The ACX-300.1 amplifier features a female 3.5mm jack on a built-in 12" harness, letting you connect an optional ACR-1 wired remote control (sold separately). A 16.5' ACR-1 connection cable is provided, with a male 3.5mm connector on one end and an RJ-14 connector on the other end, that connects to the wired controller.
All-Weather Construction: The ACX-300.1 amp has been constructed to withstand outdoor environments and carries an IPX6 waterproof rating, making it impervious to weather. A removable cover-plate on top of the amp protects the controls and LED indicators from dust and moisture ingress. The cover-plate screws require a 2.5mm hex bit for removal (not included). All wire harnesses on the amp are built-in for added weather resistance:
- Audio Inputs: Two RCA jacks on 12" input cables are provided, each with protective plastic caps.
- Speaker Output: A 12" 2-pin speaker-wire output is terminated in a waterproof connector, and includes a matching 7" harness with bare-ended wire.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A 12" section of 10ga. power and ground wire terminates in a waterproof connector, with matching 7" harness and bare-ended wire. An additional empty power/ground connector is provided, letting you build your own harness to match the amp's power/ground connector. A bare-ended 12", 18ga. remote turn-on wire is provided in the power/ground harness.
Mounting: The AudioControl ACX-300.1 features built-in mounting flanges on either end of the amp, with two pre-drilled holes in each, allowing the amp to be mounted in a variety of locations. Four 3/4" screws are provided for mounting.
- Preamp/Speaker-Level Inputs: 2 (RCA)
- Preamp-Level Voltage Range: 500mV - 6Vrms
- Speaker-Level Voltage Range: 1Vrms - 12Vrms
- Continuous Output Power (14.4V):
- 4Ω: 175W RMS x 1
- 2Ω: 300W RMS x 1
- Frequency Response: 26Hz - 22kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 102dBA, Ref 50W @ 4Ω
- THD+N: <0.05%
- Low-Pass Crossover: 12dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley, 80Hz/120Hz/Bypass
- Weather-Proof Rating: IPX6
- Dimensions: Width = 10.70", Height = 2.38", Depth = 3.87"
- Weight: 7.2 lbs.