About the AudioControl D-6.1200
Amplifier and DSP in one package
Amplifier and DSP in one package
Two keys to unlocking great sound in a car stereo system are serious power and extensive control — and this amp's got them both. For power, AudioControl's D-6.1200 6-channel amplifier generates 125 watts RMS per channel — 200 watts per channel at 2 ohms — so it'll drive even the most demanding aftermarket speakers with plenty of headroom to spare.
Whatever the job, this amp is ready
You can also use the D-6.1200 to power a pair of 2-way components with four of its channels, while delivering 400 watts RMS to a subwoofer from its 5th and 6th channels bridged together. Or, if you're into pure bass power, you can put this amp in 3-channel mode to power three subs with 400 watts RMS each, 1200 watts RMS total.
Smart-User DSP tuning software on a laptop (DM-810 version shown)
Computer-controlled digital signal processing
You won't find any knobs on the D-6.1200 — you make adjustments and save settings via your laptop (PC or Mac). AudioControl's Smart-User DSP software package includes 12 or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley crossovers, 30-band equalizers, parametric filters, time delay/alignment for inputs and outputs, phase correction, AccuBass™ bass correction, and real-time analyzers (RTA) for the inputs and outputs so you can visually confirm the improvements in the sound.
It's made to work with a factory radio
Eight active speaker-level inputs allow you to connect this amp to almost any factory system, even ones that have separate pre-filtered, time-aligned, and amplified signals going to separate factory speakers and tweeters. The D-6.1200 sums them into one smooth, unified signal for you to balance, align, and tune for your high-performance speakers. AudioControl's Great Turn On (GTO™) signal-sensing circuitry turns the amp on automatically whenever it senses an incoming signal, so you won't have to run a separate turn-on lead back to the receiver.
Onboard LEDs indicate optimized signal flow for inputs and outputs, plus give you a warning when a source is too loud and causing distortion. An optional ACR-3 wired remote controller lets you select sources, control levels, and recall presets from your front seat. An optional Bluetooth® adapter lets you stream music and control the digital processing wirelessly from your compatible portable device.
AudioControl D-6.1200 connection panel
- 6-channel car amplifier with digital signal processing
- 125 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (200 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 400 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- all controls and adjustments made with AudioControl Smart-User DSP app on your laptop (PC or Mac) via USB connection
- USB cable included
- optional AC-BT24 Bluetooth adapter available
- variable high- and low-pass filters (20-20,000 Hz, 12 or 24 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter at 32 Hz
- AccuBASS circuitry for improved bass response
- 30-band graphic EQ, parametric filters, phase correction
- time delay/alignment for inputs and outputs
- RTA (real-time analyzers) for inputs and outputs
- MILC™ (Maximum Input Level Control) LED optimization and clip indicators
- GTO signal-sensing turn-on
- 8 speaker-level inputs (summable)
- 6 preamp inputs
- 2 preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 3
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground wires recommended
- dimensions: 11-15/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 8-1/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # D-6.1200
What's in the box:
- 6-Channel amplifier
- Three 40A ATO fuses (installed)
- 2 Meter (6.5') USB 2.0 cable (Type A USB on one end / Micro-B USB on other end)
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the AudioControl D-6.1200
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
125 x 6 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||200 x 6|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||400 x 3|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||102 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||25Hz-20kHz (DSP)|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct or 24dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||25Hz-20kHz (DSP)|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct or 24dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||Adjustable|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The AudioControl D-6.1200 is a 6-channel amplifier, featuring AudioControl's powerful Matrix DSP sound processing. The amplifier accepts speaker-level or line-level inputs, and can be configured for 3-, 4-, 5-, or 6-channel operation. The D-6.1200 features a black brushed aluminum chassis, with black powder-coated cast alloy heat sinks and a one piece bottom panel. A black brushed-aluminum cover is provided to protect the amp controls from tampering. A 2.5mm Allen wrench (supplied) is needed to remove the cover.
Maximum Input Level Control (MILC): The amplifier analyzes the input signal to detect any clipping. If the signal reaches the level of clipping, the MILC Source Clip LED glows red, prompting you to turn down the gain level. When the gain level is maximized, a green Maximized LED will glow to indicate the gain, for that set of channels, is set to the optimum level.
GTO (Great Turn On) Signal Sense: If you are connecting the amplifier to a factory stereo, or an aftermarket unit without preamp outputs and a remote turn-on lead, the GTO Signal Sense circuitry can turn on the amplifier when an audio signal is detected on either the line-level or speaker-level inputs. After a period of time with no signal input, the amp will turn itself off.
ACR-3 Remote: The optional AudioControl ACR-3 wired remote is a dual-function remote that lets you adjust both the level of the main and line outputs, as well as recalling memory presets, all from the driver's seat. The ACR-3 has two LED indicators and a rotary/push-knob. When the blue LED is on, the remote knob raises and lowers the output level. When the knob is pushed in, the red LED will light, allowing the knob to recall memory presets when turned. You can further configure the operation of the ACR-3 in the Digital Signal Processor software.
Top Panel: The D-6.1200 has a removable top panel that allows you to view numerous LED indicators during setup, and the on/off switch for the GTO (Great Turn-On) Signal Sense function. The LED indicators include:
- Power: The Power LED illuminates in green when the amplifier is powered on and is operating normally. In addition, blue LEDs inside the unit will glow in a particular pattern during power up, reset boot, or if protection is activated.
- Protection: The Protection LED will flash in the event of a short circuit (one time or repeated), Under Voltage, Over Voltage, DC Offset, or Thermal Overload in the heatsink or at the transformer. The amp has built-in diagnostic codes indicated by a particular flashing pattern, telling you exactly where the problem has occurred. A chart of the protection diagnostic codes is provided in the Quick Start Guide.
- Communications LED: This LED lights when there is USB activity between the amp and your computer during set up.
- MILC Source Clip LED: The MILC (Maximum Input Level Control) level-setting circuit prevents clipping and distortion. It calculates when the waveform of an incoming signal on input 1 or 2 is clipping and lights this LED. The level of the incoming signal should be set just prior to MILC LED coming on.
- Maximized Input LEDs: These LEDs illuminate when a maximum audio signal is present on any of the analog audio inputs. Signal levels should be lowered if these LEDs are on a lot. Three LEDs are provided, labeled Front, Rear, and Sub.
- Maximized Output LEDs: These LEDs illuminate when there is maximum signal present on any of the audio outputs. Signal levels should be lowered if these LEDs are on a lot. Four LEDs are provided: Outputs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, and Line Out.
Connections: The D-6.1200's connections are aligned along the front of the amplifier for ease of installation. The amp's connections include:
- Fuses: Three 40A ATO blade-type fuses are installed in the amplifier.
- Power: Set-screw terminals are provided for connecting +12V Power, Ground, and Remote In. The Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 1/0-gauge wire, however, the recommended wire size is between 4 and 1/0 AWG. The Remote In terminal accepts up to 8-gauge. A 120A fuse should be placed on the power wire, no more than 18" from the battery.
- Line Level Inputs: Three pairs of RCA jacks are provided for connecting the amp to the source unit via RCA cables.
- Line Level Output: One pair of RCA jacks for feeding the signal to another amplifier. The maximum output is 8.5V RMS.
- Speaker Level Inputs: Four sets of removable Phoenix (or Euroblock) connectors are provided for connecting the source unit via speaker-level input. The connectors are labeled 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and Front High (for tweeters).
- ACR-3 Control: This RJ-14 telephone-type connection allows you to plug in the optional ACR-3 Remote. The ACR-3 is used to change the output level and for recalling memory presets.
- USB: A micro-USB (Type-B) is used for connection to a computer for DSP configuration. A 2-meter USB cable is provided.
- Speaker Output: Three removable Phoenix connectors are provided for connecting speaker wire. The amplifier will accept a load impedance of 2Ω or higher in stereo (4Ω or higher when bridged).
- Option Port: A multi-pin input is provided for connecting a future optional AudioControl Bluetooth adapter for streaming audio into channels 7 and 8 from your Bluetooth-enabled devices. No other details are provided by the manufacturer.
Digital Signal Processor
DM Smart DSP: The D-6.1200 includes a micro USB (Type-B) port to connect to a laptop (USB Type-A to micro-B cable included), allowing you to use the AudioControl's DM Smart DSP app. This is a fully-featured Matrix DSP interface designed to give you control over every aspect of the processor. The display has three main sections: Input View, Output View, and Dashboard View, which is a combination of the Input and Output Views. The DSP has four memory slots to save the settings for future use.
Input View: The DM Smart DSP lets you route any input to any output. The inputs are grouped in pairs: Channels 1-2, Channels 3-4, Channels 5-6, and Channels 7-8. The inputs are named Front, Rear, Sub, and Front High, however, you can name each channel pair as you wish. In the input view, you can adjust the gain (-20dB to +12.0dB in 0.1dB increments), polarity (0 or 180 degrees), and the time delay (up to 21.3 ms in 0.1 ms increments). You can also sum together the channels to mono.
Output View: The Output View allows you to set the signal routing and channel summing, output levels, crossovers, EQ, and AccuBASS settings. You can select any of the channel pairs one at a time: Channels 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and the Line Output. You can also select the functions of the optional ACR-3 remote to be used as a level control for all output channels, any of the output channel pairs, or the line output. Digital Time Alignment can be applied independently for the left and right sides of the selected output pair. You can key in the distance (up to 288") for each speaker to the listening position, or use the provided slider to select the distance.
Real Time Analyzer (RTA): The software provides a Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for both inputs and outputs so you can see graphically the level and frequency distribution of the signals. The sensitivity of the RTA can be set between 50dB and 90dB (in 10dB increments), and the speed of the display set to Fast, Medium, or Slow.
30-band Equalizer: The DM Smart DSP offers a 30-band EQ on the Output View, allowing you to tweak the output of any of the channel pairs, plus the Line Out. Each EQ band is adjustable from -12dB to +12dB. If you want a simpler EQ, you can switch to a 10-band or 14-band EQ. The 30 bands cover between 25Hz to 20kHz in 1/3-octave increments. The 10-band and 14-band EQs have 1 octave bands from 31.5Hz to 16kHz, however, the 14-band EQ adds extra center frequencies at 40Hz, 50Hz, 80Hz, and 100Hz.
Crossovers: The DSP offers low-pass, high-pass, and band-pass Linkwitz-Riley crossovers for any or all outputs. You can select the cutoff frequencies from 25Hz to 20kHz by keying in the frequency value or using the slider. You can also set the crossover slope at 12dB or 24dB per octave.
AccuBASS: The AccuBASS control can be applied to or bypass any of the output channels. There are two slide controls: Threshold (at which frequency to start boosting the bass) and Level (how much bass to apply).
Power Output: The D-6.1200 has the following power specs:
- 6 x 125 W RMS @ 4 Ohms
- 6 x 200 W RMS @ 2 Ohms
- 400 W RMS @ 4 Ohms bridged
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 30kHz
S/N Ratio: 102dBa (ref. 200 watts @ 2 ohms)
THD+N: < 0.1%
- Line Level: 250mV to 8V RMS
- Speaker Level: 3V to 40V
Dimensions: Width 11.893", Height 2.106", Depth 8.054"
Weight: 7.2 pounds
16 questions already asked