About the AudioControl EQL
13 bands of adjustment
13 bands of adjustment
AudioControl builds the EQL for one reason — to make your system sound better. This versatile 2-channel equalizer features 13 bands of adjustment for sonic fine tuning, along with level controls that allow you to match any receiver to any amplifier. And speaker-level inputs allow you to connect the EQL to just about any car stereo, even to factory amps up to 400 watts.
Most car audio problems occur in the bass frequencies, so the EQL gives you six bands of equalization between 31.5 and 180 Hz, along with a rolloff filter that keeps ultra-low bass out of your subwoofer system. You also get seven bands of equalization at octave intervals from 250 Hz all the way up to 16,000 Hz.
Level matching for max performance
Once connected, the EQL makes it easy — turn up the input gain knobs until the indicator light flickers, adjust the output knobs until the light indicates the proper output, and you're all set. Balanced inputs reject noise caused by your vehicle's electrical system.
- stereo 13-band graphic equalizer
- 6 bands 1/2-octave wide (bass)
- center frequencies: 31.5, 45, 63, 90, 125, 180 Hz
- 7 bands 1-octave wide (mids and highs)
- center frequencies: 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000 Hz
- input gain and output level controls and LEDs help with system integration
- 33 Hz subsonic filter (adjustable with optional module)
Other Features and Specs:
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- balanced inputs eliminate noise
- frequency response: 10 to 20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- maximum output level: 9.5 volts RMS
- fuse rating: 2A
- dimensions: 9-7/8"W x 1-3/8"H x 8-1/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 841-024-8
What's in the box:
- Pre-amp Equalizer (black)
- Owner's manual
- QC checklist
- Product registration card
AudioControl EQL reviews
Installed on a Rockford Fosgate 5-channel amp,with JBL in the doors, Pioneer 12 in the trunk, Clarion highs in the back dash.Really brightened everything up,and brought the staging up to eye level.
Pros: one pair of RCA in one pair of RCA out
1 of 1 found this helpful
I had great individual components- JBL 6 1/2" components in front doors, sound deadening, Boston GTA 1005 5 channel amp, JL sub, but overall sound quality was lacking. I knew the problem was my factory head unit but didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on connectors, bus units, etc., etc. and still lose my paid-for satellite radio subscription. The LC2i line-out converter worked wonders for the bass, but when I had the EQL installed...WOW. The amazing sound put a smile on every face at the shop. I had it professionally done so they used an O-scope and did the pink noise test, etc. and you would not believe how flat the curve looks. My system sounds fantastic and this EQ was the final piece of the puzzle. (Well I do need to upgrade to a JL 13W3, but that is in the future)
Pros: Exceptional clarity and ruler flat response curves from a factory head unit. World class customer service from Audio Control (and Crutchfield)
Cons: Added a tiny hum when turning off, but most won't even notice- I am a perfectionist.
15 of 15 found this helpful
More details on the AudioControl EQL
Dual Bandwidth Equalization: A total of 13 bands are available over two bandwidths, each band has separate dials for the left and right channels:
- Full Octave EQ: A 7-band full octave equalizer controls frequencies above the bass range; the center frequencies are 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
- Half Octave EQ: A 6-band 1/2 octave equalizer controls the bass frequency range; the center frequencies are 31.5 Hz, 45 Hz, 63 Hz, 90 Hz, 125 kHz, and 180 kHz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
Input Gain: The input gains for the left and right channels are set independently. The range is adjustable +/-18 dB to match the source output to the EQ input.
Output Level: The adjustable output levels allow you to increase the head unit's line voltage to the top of your amp's input range; up to 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak.
Balanced Inputs: Using the balanced differential input circuit cancels noise picked up in the transmission line between the EQL and the source unit.
Speaker Level Inputs: The speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory installed radios.
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote terminal and the speaker level input terminals are removable; the wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the EQL. The terminal block will accommodate wire up to 12 gauge.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter crossover point is 33 Hz and the crossover slope is 18 dB/octave. The crossover point is governed by a replaceable chip, so it can be modified.
Bypass: The bypass switch allows you to instantly bypass all the EQ adjustments.
Inputs and Outputs:
- Line Input: stereo RCA, balanced
- Speaker Input: removable stereo terminal block
- Line Output: stereo RCA
- Power Input: removable terminal block
- Maximum Output: 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak
- Frequency response: 10 Hz-20 kHz; ±1 dB
- THD: 0.005%
- S/N Ratio: 110dB
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked