About the AudioControl EQX
AudioControl's EQX graphic equalizer will make your music sound awesome in your car. Each channel on this versatile stereo equalizer features 13 bands of adjustment for sonic fine tuning, along with level controls that allow you to match any receiver to any amplifier. The EQX's 2-way crossover offers a pair of high-passed outputs for your full-range speakers, two pair of low-passed outputs for subwoofers, and a pair of full-range outputs for expanding your system even further with additional amps and speakers.
The crossover uses a steep 24 dB per octave slope to cleanly separate the high and low frequencies. You can change the preset 90 Hz crossover point by installing another AudioControl module, or by modifying the module installed in your EQX. A built-in filter removes subsonics from your signal so your amps and subs will play more efficiently.
Most car audio problems occur in the bass frequencies, so the EQX gives you six bands of equalization between 31.5 and 180 Hz. You also get seven bands of equalization at octave intervals from 250 Hz all the way up to 16,000 Hz.
Level matching for max performance
Speaker-level inputs let you connect the EQX to just about any car stereo, even to factory amps that put out up to 100 watts. Once connected, the EQX makes it simple — turn up the input gain knobs until the maximized light comes on, adjust the output knobs until the output level lights up, and you're all set. Balanced inputs reject noises that are sometimes caused by a vehicle's electrical system.
- stereo 13-band graphic equalizer with 2-way crossover
- 6 EQ bands 1/2-octave wide (bass)
- center frequencies: 31.5, 45, 63, 90, 125, 180 Hz
- 7 EQ bands 1-octave wide (mids and highs)
- center frequencies: 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000 Hz
- Linkwitz-Riley 2-way crossover (90 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- 33 Hz subsonic filter
- main and subsonic crossover points can be adjusted via optional AudioControl modules or custom modification
- input gain and output level controls and LEDs help with system integration
Other Features and Specs:
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- balanced inputs eliminate noise
- frequency response: 10 to 20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- maximum output level: 9.5 volts RMS
- fuse rating: 2A
- dimensions: 9-7/8"W x 1-3/8"H x 8-1/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 841-025-8
What's in the box:
- Pre-amp Equalizer/Crossover (black)
- Owner's manual
- QC checklist
More details on the AudioControl EQX
Dual Bandwidth Equalization: A total of 13 bands are available over two bandwidths, each band has separate dials for the left and right channels:
- Full Octave EQ: A 7-band full octave equalizer controls frequencies above the bass range; the center frequencies are 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
- Half Octave EQ: A 6-band 1/2 octave equalizer controls the bass frequency range; the center frequencies are 31.5 Hz, 45 Hz, 63 Hz, 90 Hz, 125 Hz, and 180 Hz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
Input Gain: The input gains for the left and right channels are set independently. The range is adjustable +/-18 dB to match the source output to the EQ input.
Output Level: The adjustable output levels allow you to increase the head unit's line voltage to the top of your amp's input range; up to 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak.
Balanced Inputs: Using the balanced differential input circuit cancels noise picked up in the transmission line between the EQX and the source unit.
Speaker Level Inputs: The speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory installed radios.
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote terminal and the speaker level input terminals are removable; the wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the EQX. The terminal block will accommodate wire up to 12 gauge.
Crossover: The crossover point between the high-pass and low-pass outputs is 90 Hz and the crossover slope is 24 dB/octave. The crossover point is governed by a replaceable chip, so it can be modified.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter crossover point is 33 Hz and the crossover slope is 18 dB/octave. The crossover point is governed by a replaceable chip, so it can be modified.
Bridging Output: The mono and inverted low-pass outputs can be used to bridge many amplifiers that don't have internal bridging circuitry.
Bypass: The bypass switch allows you to instantly bypass all the EQ adjustments.
Inputs and Outputs:
- Line Input: stereo RCA, balanced
- Speaker Input: removable stereo terminal block
- Full Range Output: stereo RCA, not crossed over
- High-Pass Output: stereo RCA, frequencies above the crossover point
- Low-Pass Output: stereo RCA, frequencies below the crossover point
- Mono/Bridged Output: two RCA, one mono, the other inverted
- Power Input: removable terminal block
- Maximum Output: 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak
- Frequency response: 10 Hz-20 kHz; ±1 dB
- THD: 0.005%
- S/N Ratio: 110dB
1 question already asked