About the Niles CS12V
This Niles current-sensing 12-volt trigger lets you automatically turn on a secondary device when you power up the first. For example, activate a motorized projection screen when you turn on your front projector. Plug the Niles trigger into an AC outlet, and connect your projector to the trigger's AC input. Then run a mono minijack cable (not included) from the Niles trigger to your screen's 12-volt trigger input. Fire up your projector, and the screen extends — you're ready for movie night.
Note: Due to the CS12V's current limitations, we recommend not using high-current components like most home theater receivers and amplifiers as the triggering device.
- powers up an accessory like a fan or a motorized screen when you turn on your projector or TV
- choose from three delay settings: 0 seconds, 5 seconds, and 10 seconds
- compact design
- integrated mounting wings for horizontal or vertical installation
- 9-1/16"W x 1-5/8"H x 6-1/8"D (with cables connected)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01173
What's in the box:
- Current sensing 12-volt trigger
- 70" AC power cord
- 4 Rubber feet
- Installation guide
- Safety instructions
More details on the Niles CS12V
Overview: The CS12V is a current sensing 12-volt (DC) trigger. Plug one of your system components into the 3-prong AC outlet and the CS12V senses the current draw when that component is turned on, and energizes the 12-volt output to turn on a second component.
Note: According to Niles Audio, the power consumption on the component plugged into this unit must be at least 30 watts to trigger the 12 volt output.
Delay: You can delay the 12-volt output when the connected component is turned on. The delay time options are zero seconds, five seconds, and 10 seconds.
Idle Current: Most components draw some nominal current when they're off. With the connected component turned off, set the CS12V to account for that current.
- Input: 120 volts AC, 60 Hz
- AC Output: 120 volts, 60 Hz; 5 amps max, 600 watts max
- Trigger Output: 12 volts DC, 200 mA
- Output Plug: 3.5mm mono, tip positive