About the Niles MF1
This tiny infrared (IR) flasher mounts to the front panel of an audio/video component, enabling easy control from secondary listening rooms, using either your regular remote control or a universal remote. Use one MF1 flasher for each component you want to control, and combine them with an IR system hub and one IR sensor for each secondary listening room. This not only lets you control your complete entertainment system from your secondary rooms, but also lets you place your components out of sight in a cabinet or closet.
Using your IR repeater system is simple. In any of your secondary listening rooms, just point your remote control at the mounted IR sensor and enter commands. The sensor relays your commands to the IR hub, which passes the signals on to the flashers, which in turn transmit your commands to your components.
Thanks to the MF1's ultra-compact design and built-in adhesive strip, it's easy to mount one of these flashers on the front of each of your IR-remote-controlled components. And because the MF1 is transparent to infrared light, it won't interfere with the use of IR remotes in your main room.
- adhesive strip allows quick and secure mounting
- elastomer cover allows mounting on curved surfaces
- transparent to infrared light won't block signals from IR remotes used in your main room
- includes 10 feet of connecting wire terminating in 3.5mm connectors
- compatible with virtually all infrared-remote-controlled components
- 5/16"W x 1/4"H x 1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01019
What's in the box:
- IR MicroFlasher with attached self-adhesive pad and 9.75' cord (has a minijack mono connector)
- 1 IR blocking cover
- 2 Extra self-adhesive pads
- Installation & Operation Guide
More details on the Niles MF1
IR System Overview: An infrared (IR) extender system enables you to control your IR remote controlled A/V equipment from a remote location. This enables you to place your A/V components out of sight (behind cabinet doors, in the rear of a room, or in a different room) and still conveniently control your equipment.
IR System Components: The MF1 IR MicroFlasher is one of three elements that make up an infrared extender system:
- IR Main System Unit (sold separately): The IR Main System Unit provides a connection hub for the IR sensors and the IR flashers and is generally located near the A/V components. The Main System Unit's level controls and LED indicators enable you to calibrate and troubleshoot an IR extender system. The Main System Unit is the "heart" of an IR extender system.
- IR Sensors (sold separately): IR Sensors are the "eyes" of the system, receiving IR commands from hand-held remote controls and relaying the commands to the Main System Unit via a 2-conductor shielded cable. Generally, sensors are placed so that you can easily and naturally point your remote control directly at them. Sensors are available in wall-mount, ceiling-mount, surface-mount and table-top models.
- Keypad (sold separately): The IntelliPad is a wall-mounted, programmable IR keypad system that provides a unique LED power status display and the convenience of true one-button remote control of complex audio/video systems.
- IR Flashers: IR Flashers re-transmit the infrared signals from the IR Main System Unit to your A/V components. Flashers are the "voice" of an IR extender system that "speaks" to your components.
Universal Compatibility: When used in a complete system, this IR MicroFlasher is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls (virtually all brands of remotes using carrier frequencies between 20 and 455 kHz).
Mounting: The MF1 is designed for pin-point relaying of IR commands, so it is typically mounted to the infrared remote sensor window of an audio/video component using the self-adhesive backing.
2 questions already asked