About the Niles RCA-HT2
The Niles RCA-HT2 kit provides easy control of your audio/video system, even if your gear is placed out of sight in a cabinet or closet. It includes everything you need to set up a complete IR (infrared) repeater system and control up to five A/V components:
- MS220 IR sensor Mount this small sensor in a convenient spot, like next to your TV. It sends the IR commands from your remote control to the IR hub.
- MSU250 IR hub Accepts incoming IR signals and passes them on to your A/V components.
- five MF1VF flashers Infrared light-emitting devices that carry IR commands from the MSU250 to your A/V gear.
- 50 feet of CAT-5 cable to connect the IR sensor to the IR hub.
- complete IR repeater system
- controls up to 5 A/V components
- LCD- and plasma-proof wall-mountable sensor design works near flat-panel TVs
- UL-listed, regulated in-line power supply with universal voltage capability
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01586
What's in the box:
- MSU250 IR main system unit
- Two 4-Pin "screwless" sensor connectors for category 5 cable
- MS220 Surface mount IR sensor (black) with attached 10' cable
- 5 MF1VF IR MicroFlashers (each has an attached 10' cord terminated with a mono minijack connector)
- AC adapter with an attached 74" DC output cord (DC output: 12V/1250mA)
- US 2-pronged AC plug insert (for AC power adapter)
- 50' CAT-5 cable
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 10 Self-adhesive pads (for mounting the IR MicroFlashers)
- Installation Guide
More details on the Niles RCA-HT2
IR System Overview: An infrared (IR) extender system enables you to control your IR remote controlled A/V equipment from a remote location. This enables you to place your A/V components out of sight (behind cabinet doors, in the rear of a room, or in a different room) and still conveniently control your equipment.
IR System Components: This infrared extender system includes the following items:
- IR Main System Unit: The MSU250 IR Main System Unit provides a connection hub for two IR sensors (one included) or keypads and up to five IR flashers, and it is generally located near the A/V components. The Main System Unit, which is the "heart" of an IR extender system, has LED indicators to monitor the IR extender system.
- IR Sensors: IR Sensors, like the included MS220 surface mount model, are the "eyes" of the system, receiving IR commands from hand-held remote controls and relaying the commands to the Main System Unit via a CAT-5 or a 4-conductor shielded cable. Generally, sensors are placed so that you can easily and naturally point your remote control directly at them. Sensors are also available in wall-mount, ceiling-mount and tabletop models.
- IR Flashers: These IR MicroFlashers re-transmit the infrared signals from the IR Main System Unit to your A/V components. Flashers are the "voice" of an IR extender system that "speaks" to your components.
Universal Compatibility: With the necessary accessories, an IR remote control extender system using the MSU250 is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls using carrier frequencies of between 25kHz and 90kHz.
Flasher Hi/Lo Switch: Two of the five IR flasher outputs have switchable high/low output. When switched to High, you can connect a high-output flooding flasher, such as an IRB1 (item 190IRB1). When in the Low position, you can connect low-output micro-flashers, such as MF1, MF1VF (included), MF2 or MF2VF.
LED Indicators: The MSU250 provides a visible indication of system status via a green LED and confirms reception of IR data via a blinking blue LED.
Wiring: From every IR sensor, you must home-run a Category 5 ("Cat 5") cable back to the MSU250, connecting each sensor to the hub with an individual cable. The Cat 5 cable should be terminated with the supplied quick connect sensor plugs. The IR flashers connect to the hub via 3.5mm (1/8") mini-plugs.
Status Input: The MSU250 features a 3-30-volt AC/DC status input jack which provides system status to sensors and keypads when connected to a switched AC or DC output on an audio receiver or preamp. An optional 12-Volt adapter may be necessary.
Optional Expansion Unit: If you need additional IR sensors, you can use the IRH610 Infrared Sensor Expansion Hub (item # 190IRH610). It has inputs for 6 additional IR sensors and a single output to connect the hub to the MSU250.
Universal Compatibility: When used in a complete system, this IR sensor is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls using carrier frequencies of between 25kHz and 90kHz. The MS220 is also compatible with the recently introduced Philips RCMM codes.
Universal Noise Suppression: The sensor has a patent-pending Universal Noise Suppression design that effectively eliminates IR interference from plasma and LCD TVs, CFL (fluorescent) lighting, and direct sunlight. This two-stage technology combines an optical noise filter with a "smart" electronic circuit to provide consistent, reliable control.
IR Receiving Range: You get 20' to 35' of remote control range, depending upon the strength of your handheld remote. The IR pickup angle is 30° off-axis (horizontal and vertical) at 25'.
Bi-colored LED: The LED glows green when the system is on and flashes blue to confirm reception of IR commands.
Mounting: The MS220 is designed to surface-mount almost anywhere using its adhesive back. Convenient mounting locations for the MS220 include: on the front panel of a television set, on the front surface of a wall, a cabinet, an appliance, or a speaker grille.
Universal Compatibility: When used in a complete system, this IR MicroFlasher is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls using carrier frequencies between 20kHz and 455 kHz.
Red LED: The MF1VF provides visible feedback of flasher operation via a red LED in the flasher housing.
Mounting: The MF1VF is designed for pin-point relaying of IR commands, so it is typically mounted to the infrared remote sensor window of an audio/video component using the self-adhesive backing.
|MSU250 Main System Unit||5.664"||2.039"||0.856"|
|MS220 IR Sensor||2.047"||0.685"||0.466"|
4 questions already asked