About the Niles SS-4
The Niles SS-4 lets you send music from a single amplifier or receiver to four pairs of speakers throughout your home. Push-button controls let you turn each pair of speakers on and off independently. Selectable impedance-magnifying circuitry prevents damage to your receiver or amp, letting it safely drive all four pairs at once.Details:
- handles up to 100 watts per channel
- selectable impedance magnification safeguards your system
- requires an amplifier or receiver capable of driving a 4-ohm load
- accepts speaker wires up to 14 gauge or pin connectors
- includes room/speaker labels
- rugged all-metal chassis
- 8-9/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 6-1/2"D
- warranty: 10 years
More details on the Niles SS-4
Construction: The chassis is durable black metal with padded feet.
Speaker Switches: Each set of speaker outputs has an on/off switch so any combination of connected speakers can be played at any given time.
Protection Switch: The impedance protection switch on the front of the unit safeguards the receiver or amplifier even when all 4 pairs of speakers playing (4 pairs of 8-ohm speakers will present a 4.5-ohm load to the receiver or amplifier).
Note: You will need to activate the "Protection" switch whenever the overall system impedance might fall below 4 ohms. It is recommended to verify that the receiver or amplifier is capable of driving a 4-ohm load.
Removable Speaker Terminals: There are four removable speaker output terminal blocks and one removable speaker input terminal block, each of which can accept 14 to 22-gauge wire (16-gauge recommended). This makes it easier to wire the speaker selector into your system.
Labels: Included are 72 pre-printed and 6 blank label stickers for easy identification of the front panel controls.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +0dB,-0dB (flat)
- Power Handling: 100 watts per channel RMS at 8 ohms
5 questions already asked