About the Niles SVC100K
Hear the music, not the volume controller
Hear the music, not the volume controller
Niles volume controls deliver sound to your speakers without getting in the way of the music. While lesser components add pops, clicks and static, Niles brings you pure enjoyment. Their premium-quality parts and construction ensure high-fidelity sound with amplifiers rated at up to 100 watts per channel of continuous power.
Great for systems large or small
These in-wall stereo volume controls offer intuitive operation for your multi-room audio system. The high-power, impedance-magnifying design lets you safely connect as many as eight controls and eight pairs of speakers to a typical receiver or amplifier without installing a speaker selector or any other type of protection device. The sliding control design provides an attractive, modern look.
If your amp's minimum impedance is 8 ohms, you can connect up to 8 pairs of 8-ohm speakers using these volume controls. If your amp's minimum impedance is 4 ohms, you can connect up to 16 pairs of 8 ohms speakers, or 8 pairs of 4 ohm speakers.
- connect up to 8 pairs of 8-ohm speakers to a single stereo amplifier (requires 1 volume control per speaker pair)
- recommended for use with Niles speaker connecting block
- adjustable impedance magnification (2x, 4x, and 8x)
- power handling: 100 watts per channel
- 12 step control, 54dB maximum attenuation
- pop-free switching between all steps
- removable screwless connectors accommodate up to 16-gauge wire
- Decora-style wall plate and snap-on color insert for quick and easy color changes
- includes: white, light almond, bone and black wall plates
- fits most 18-cubic-inch single-gang junction boxes at least 3" deep
- 2-15/16"W x 4-11/16"H (includes faceplate); depth behind plate: 2-9/16"
- UL-rated for safe in-wall installation
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FG01653
What's in the box:
- SVC100K Sliding Volume Control
- 4 Decora wallplates (White/Light Almond/Bone/Black)
- 4 Slider inserts (White/Light Almond/Bone/Black)
- 2 Mounting screws (Length=1")
- 2 Faceplate screws (Length=3/16")
- Installation & Operation Guide
- Limited Warranty Card
More details on the Niles SVC100K
Overview: The SVC100K (FG01653) is a high-power sliding stereo speaker volume control that connects between the speaker-level output of an amplifier, speaker selector, or a Niles distribution hub and a pair of speakers. It lets you adjust the volume of a pair of loudspeakers, just as a light dimmer enables you to control the light. Premium-quality parts and construction ensure high-fidelity sound with flat frequency response and 100 watts continuous power handling. It is designed for indoor use only.
Four Colors: The SVC100K installs in-wall in a standard single-gang junction box (J-box). The package includes a Decora faceplate and slider insert in each of four colors: white, light almond, bone, and black.
Selectable Impedance Magnifying Circuit: A universal impedance magnifying circuit enables the SVC100K to act as both a stereo and an impedance magnifying volume control. You can magnify the speakers' impedance by a factor of two, four, or eight, allowing you to connect up to eight pairs of speakers to a single amplifier or receiver. A sliding switch on the circuit board lets you set the impedance factor to 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x.
12-Step Control: The slide switch gives you 12-step control, and a total of 54dB maximum attenuation. The high-quality construction assures you get pop-free switching between all steps.
Speaker Connectors: The 2-piece screwless speaker connectors make installation quick and secure. Each connector can accept up to 16-gauge wire.
Code Compliance: The SVC100K is listed to comply with local building codes. You should check with your local building official to ensure code compliance for your jurisdiction.
Mounting: The SVC100K has a mounting depth of 2-9/16". When installed, the unit extends 2-1/16" behind the sheetrock (assuming 1/2"-thick sheetrock). A standard 18 cubic-inch or larger J-box is required.
Speaker Wire: The SVC100K will accept stranded copper wire up to 16-gauge. Larger (lower gauge) wire is not recommended, as it will not fit into the connectors. Solid-core, aluminum, or "Romex" wire is not recommended. Most states require in-wall speaker wire to have a specific "CL" fire rating.
Required Tools: To install the SVC100K, you will need a Phillips screwdriver and wire stripper.
- Audio Power Handling: 100 watts/channel RMS; 200 watts/channel peak music power
- Impedance: compatible with 4-, 6-, and 8-ohm speaker systems
- Volume Control: W=1.529", H=4.071", D=3.668"
- Wall Plate: W=2.945", H=4.688", D=0.237" (Cutout: 1.31" x 2.628")
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked