About the Niles WVC100E
The Niles WVC100E weatherproof stereo volume control is perfect for outdoor applications no more running into the house to adjust the listening level of your music! This rugged, corrosion-resistant unit is built to withstand the elements season after season, giving you easy control over your music. You'll love the convenience!
This WVC100E also offers impedance matching, which means you can safely make it a part of a multi-room speaker system incorporating up to 8 pairs of speakers. You won't have to install a speaker selector or any other type of protection device!Details:
- power handling: 100 watts per channel
- 12-step control, 54 dB maximum attenuation
- selectable impedance magnification (2X, 4X, and 8X)
- pop-free switching between all steps
- pre-assembled in a sealed PVC enclosure with stainless steel hardware
- paintable finish
- removable screwless connectors accommodate up to 14 gauge wire
- surface-mounts on a wall or mounts directly on a 3/4" PVC conduit
- dimensions: 3"W x 4-3/4"H x 3"D
- warranty: 10 years
What's in the box:
- WVC 100E volume control with attached circuit board
- 1 Gray PVC enclosure
- 1 Gray standard wallplate
- 1 Rubber gasket
- 1 Gray knob
- 2 Device screws
- 4 Faceplate screws
- Installation & Operation Guide
More details on the Niles WVC100E
Overview: The WVC 100E is a waterproof stereo speaker volume control that connects between the speaker-level output of an amplifier, speaker selector, or a Niles VCS HUB8 distribution hub and a pair of speakers. Premium-quality parts and construction ensure high-fidelity sound with flat frequency response and 100 watts continuous power handling.
PVC Enclosure: The volume control mounts in the supplied weatherproof PVC enclosure, which features a rubber gasket that seals out the moisture. The PVC enclosure has a paintable finish.
Universal Impedance Magnifying Circuit: A universal impedance magnifying circuit enables the WVC 100E to act as both a stereo and an impedance magnifying volume control. You can magnify the speakers' impedance by a factor of two, four, or eight, allowing you to connect up to eight pairs of speakers to a single amplifier or receiver.
12-Position Control: The make-before-break switch design delivers 12-step, pop-free control for a wide range of listening volumes.
Autoformers: Precision autoformers provide superior sonic performance, exceeding the audio quality of non-impedance magnifying volume controls.
Removable Screwless Speaker Connectors: Two piece, screwless speaker connectors make installation quick and secure. Each connector can accept up to 14-gauge wire.
Isolated Grounds: Isolated left and right-channel grounds ensure safety with any amplifier.
Impedance Compatibility: The WVC 100E can be used with 4-, 6-, or 8-ohm speaker systems.
Mounting: The WVC 100E surface-mounts on a wall or mounts directly on a 3/4" PVC conduit.
Speaker Wire: The WVC 100E will accept stranded copper wire up to 14-gauge. Larger (lower gauge) wire is not recommended, as it will not fit into the connectors. Solid-core, aluminum, or "Romex" wire is not recommended. Most states require in-wall speaker wire to have a specific "CL" fire rating.
Required Tools: To install the WVC 100E, you will need a Phillips screwdriver and wire stripper.
- Audio Power Handling: 100 watts/channel RMS; 200 watts/channel peak music power
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz (+/-1.5 dB)
- Impedance: compatible with 4-, 6-, and 8-ohm speaker systems
- Volume Control: W=1.529", H=4.071", D=3.668"
- PVC Enclosure (with volume control installed): W=3.828", H=5.094", D=3.914"
The Niles WVC100E replaces these items
4 questions already asked