About the Kicker 11HS8
Bass that'll fit almost anywhere
Bass that'll fit almost anywhere
When Kicker set out to make the Hideaway™ compact powered sub, they wanted to make a subwoofer that could fit almost anywhere and still deliver the performance that made Kicker famous. At just over 3" tall, the Hideaway™ will fit under many seats and in storage areas where you don't usually find powered subs. The powerful, built-in 150-watt RMS amplifier delivers strong bass that'll add depth and punch to any type of music.
The 8" woofer can hit low notes that'll really rock your ride, especially when the Hideaway™ is mounted in the vehicle's interior. The included remote control bass knob will let you adjust the bass level on the fly. Kicker even included Nylon straps with Velcro® fasteners to mount the sub, plus a quick disconnect harness with power and signal wiring that'll make the installation easier.
Installation Note: The Hideaway™ sub will accept preamp-level signals, but you'll need to connect this adapter to the sub's 8-foot signal harness so you can plug it into your receiver's preamp outputs.
- compact powered subwoofer
- 8" woofer
- built-in 150 watts RMS amplifier
- frequency response: 25-120 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (50-120 Hz)
- variable phase control (0 or 180 degrees)
- bass boost control (0dB to +6dB)
- speaker-level inputs (will also accept preamp-level signal using optional adapter, item 20646KiSL, sold separately)
- auto turn-on switch
- wired remote control
- dimensions: 14-1/4"W x 3-1/4"H x 9-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11HS8
What's in the box:
- Amplified subwoofer
- Wiring harness (17.5' Power input/ 8' Speaker level input/ 2' Ground/ 2' Remote turn-on)
- In-line fuse holder
- One 15 amp ATO fuse (installed in fuse holder)
- Two 10 amp ATO fuses (1 installed in the chassis of the unit/1 spare)
- Remote bass level control
- 20' Remote cable (3.5mm stereo mini-plug on both ends)
- 2 Velcro mounting straps
- Two 10-12 gauge crimp-on ring terminals
- One 10-12 Gauge butt connector
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Mounting brackets
- Two 3/8" Self-tapping pan head screws (to mount wired remote)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping pan head screws
- Eight 3/4" Self-tapping flat head screws
- Four 1-3/8" Self-tapping flat head screws
- Mounting template
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
More details on the Kicker 11HS8
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Material||Not given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||150 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: The HS8 HideAway subwoofer features a built-in amplifier (125 watts RMS at < 1% THD+N/150 watts RMS at < 10% THD+N) and an 8" sub housed in a compact enclosure designed to fit in tight spaces.
Remote Control: The wired remote puts output level control within easy reach. The remote comes with a bracket to mount it under the dash. The included 20' cable, with a 3.5mm mini-plug on each end, connects the remote to the amplifier.
Note: The Remote Bass Control measures approximately 2-1/4" wide x 1-1/4" high x 1.75" deep (3" deep including the knob and cable).
Subsonic Filter: Frequencies that cannot be reproduced by the subwoofer do not become sound, but unnecessary oscillations causing distortion; these frequencies also waste amplifier power and can damage speakers. The subsonic filter removes inaudible frequencies to improve the performance of the speakers by eliminating this harmful distortion. The 24 dB/octave subsonic filter's crossover point is 25 Hz.
Mounting: The subwoofer, with its 3-1/4" height, can be mounted in applications with limited space, even under a seat in the passenger compartment of many vehicles.
Auto Turn-on: two position switch
- +12V: amp turns on when 12 volts is applied to the remote turn-on wire
- DC: amp turns on when a signal is present on the speaker-level input
Input Level: two position switch
- Hi: accepts signal input from 250mV to 10 volts
- Lo: accepts signal input from 125mV to 5 volts
Phase: two position switch; set the subwoofer phase to 0° or 180°
Bass Boost: rotary dial to adjust the bass boost; continuously variable from 0 to 6 dB; boost centered at 40 Hz
Crossover Frequency: rotary dial to control the low pass crossover frequency; 50 to 120 Hz; 12 dB/octave slope
Gain: rotary dial to set the amplifier gain control; 250mV to 10 volts for speaker level inputs and 125mV to 5 volts for line level inputs
Harness: The Quick-Connect harness has wires for power (17-1/2 feet), ground (2 feet), remote turn-on (2 feet), and signal input (8 feet). If using a speaker level input, just splice into the wire in the harness. If using a line level input, a speaker wire to RCA adapter is needed (sold separately). The included in-line fuse holder should be added to the power wire at the battery location.
Remote Bass: 3.5mm mini-jack for use with the included wired remote
Fuse: one 10-amp ATO fuse installed in the chassis
74 questions already asked