About the Kicker KMTED
Protect your tower speakers
Protect your tower speakers
Life on the water can be hard on speakers – especially tower speakers. These durable, weatherproof tower enclosures will protect your 6-1/2" Kicker marine speakers from salt, spray, dust, and damage under even the toughest conditions.
Designed specifically for marine and powersports applications, they're built to take whatever your active outdoor lifestyle can dish out. With rugged ABS plastic shells and an acoustic polyfill lining, you get long-lasting durability and outstanding performance. The package includes 2-5/8" aluminum tower-pipe clamps and mounting adapters for three popular pipe diameters.
Whether you're mounting your Kicker speakers on a boat, an SUV, or even a Jeep, you want your music to sound great. These enclosures offer nine-degree axis rotation in either direction, so you can aim them to achieve the best possible coverage. Slotted mounting holes accommodate different bolt patterns, while stainless-steel speaker terminals ensure quick and easy wiring connections.
- two custom enclosures, each designed to house two Kicker 6-1/2" marine speakers
- rugged ABS shell with acoustic polyfill lining
- includes 3 sizes of mounting adapters to fit 2-1/4", 2-3/8", and 2-1/2" pipe diameters
- enclosures also available for single 6-1/2" and single 4" Kicker speakers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 12KMTED
What's in the box:
- 2 Unloaded dual speaker enclosures
- Poly-fil box stuffing
- 2 Die-cast aluminum upper mounting brackets
- 2 Die-cast aluminum lower mounting brackets
- 2 Mounting plates
- Eight 1-1/4" Stainless steel machine screws (1/4" Allen head)
- Four 2-1/2" ABS mounting inserts
- Four 2-3/8" ABS mounting inserts
- Four 2-1/4" ABS mounting inserts
- Instructions (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
More details on the Kicker KMTED
Overview: The Kicker KMTED is a pair of unloaded enclosures, each of which holds two 6-1/2" Kicker marine speakers. The tough ABS, weather-proof enclosures have eight slotted mounting holes for different bolt patterns. Because the mounting brackets are bolted to slotted holes in the enclosures, the speakers can be rotated up to 9° left or right. Acoustic poly-fill is included to deliver the best possible sound quality.
Mounting: Mounting hardware is included to fit tubing sizes 2-1/4", 2-3/8", 2-1/2", and 2-5/8 (without adapters). The brackets are bolted to the top (or bottom if you flip them over) of the speakers, so they could be used for unique applications.
Terminals: Each enclosure has one pair of screw terminals that will accept bare wire up to 8-gauge. (The two speakers mounted in each enclosure are wired in parallel.)
Wiring: Two eleven inch speaker wires are attached to the terminals inside the enclosures (bare wire on the speaker end).
Speaker Opening Dimensions:
- Cutout Diameter: 5.625"
- Depth: approximately 6" (assuming 4" magnet diameter)
- Screw Holes:
- Diagonal: 5.93" to 6.10"
- 4-Hole Pattern: 4.20" to 4.34"
- 8-Hole Pattern: 2.26" to 2.36"
- Diameter: 7"
- Depth: 8.5" (plus the mounting height of the speaker)
- Mounting Height:
- From Center Line of Tube: 8.75"
- From Top of Bracket: 10.625"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?