About the Kicker 46CXA400.1
High-level bass power
High-level bass power
Do you like clean bass? Kicker's CXA400.1 mono subwoofer amplifier can put out up to 400 watts RMS, so your bass will both sound loud and full. The quality of the bass tone matters as much as the volume, so a variable low-pass filter helps get maximum performance from your sub/enclosure combination, while a fixed subsonic filter removes the extreme low resonances that cause distortion. A variable bass boost allows you to add some extra low-end punch if you want. An optional wired remote lets you conveniently adjust the bass level from your front seat.
Hooks in almost anywhere in almost any position
This amplifier works with 1-ohm loads, so you won't have to worry too much about matching impedances when you add a second sub to your system. Kicker's Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) keeps this amp's input free from noise or interference, so you can tap into your vehicle's speaker wiring for an input signal without a worry. A 3-second turn-on/turn-off delay eliminates system pops and other noises. The CXA400.1 comes with hardware that lets you mount it vertically, so you can put it in a location that takes up very little floor space and looks cool too.
CXA400.1 input and control panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- frequency response: 25-200 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-6 dB at 40 Hz)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapters required)
- optional remote bass level controller available
- 3-second delay for turn-on and turn-off
- includes hardware for vertical mounting
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 8-1/2"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Kicker 8-gauge wiring kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46CXA4001
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 2 Vertical mounting brackets
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Owner's manual
- Power chart
- Certified Power certificate
More details on the Kicker 46CXA400.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
150 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||800 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-6 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 150 watts RMS x 1 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
- Power Output:
- 2Ω: 300 watts RMS x 1 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD+N)
- 1Ω: 400 watts RMS x 1 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD+N)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB (at rated power output)
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select high (speaker level) or low (line level)
- Input Gain Control: rotary input Gain control; continuously variable from 250mV to 10V with the input level switch set to low; 1V to 40V with the input level switch set to high
- Crossover Frequency: continuously variable rotary dial; set the low pass crossover point between 50Hz and 200Hz; the crossover slope is 12 dB/octave
- KickEQ Bass Boost: increase the bass level between 0dB and +6dB via the rotary control; centered at 40Hz
Subsonic Filter: The amplifier features a non-defeatable 25Hz Subsonic Filter with a 24dB/octave slope. The Subsonic Filter rolls off extremely low frequencies that can't be cleanly reproduced by the amplifier and subwoofers. This reduces distortion and helps the amp run more efficiently.
Mounting: The efficient Class-D Kicker CX Series amplifiers can be mounted vertically, if desired, with the included mounting brackets. When mounted vertically, the dimensions are:
- Height: 6⅞"
- Length: 8⅝"
- Width: 2⅜"
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two methods of turning on: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a DC offset is detected (>2.5 volts) on the speaker level inputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Wire Connections: The CXA400.1 has screw-down terminals for power, ground, turn-on (REM), and speaker output, which will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors. The power and ground slots are 0.512" wide and the remote and speaker slots are 0.335" wide.
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 40A external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Currently (as of 4/11/19) Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit is purchased with the amplifier.
Input Signal: The CXA400.1 accepts either high (speaker-level) or low (line-level) input signals on the RCA inputs, selectable using the input level switch on the end of the amp. When using a speaker-level input signal, add the optional Kicker KiSL speaker level to RCA adapter. The input sensitivity is 250mV-10V (low) or 1V-40V (high).
Preamp Output: Using either a speaker-level or line-level input feeds the stereo RCA output, which passes the audio signal to another amplifier or component. This allows you to daisy-chain another amplifier without having to run RCA cables from the head unit to the second amp.
Optional Wired Remote: The optional CXARC remote bass level control can be added to remotely control the output level of the amplifier. The CXARC's control knob can be mounted near the driver's seat, and the control's cable extended to the amplifier location.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.
The Kicker 46CXA400.1 replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked