About the Kicker 46PK8
This kit delivers all the power your amp needs
Your amplifier needs hefty power and ground wiring in order to deliver the big power you want. Kicker's PK8 8-gauge power wiring kit includes the basic power, ground, and turn-on wiring for any amplifier with a fuse rating of up to 60 amperes. The kit is suitable for an amplifier or amp system with a total maximum output of about 400 watts RMS for Class AB amps or about 600 watts RMS for Class D amps. Kicker makes all their wires from oxygen-free copper so you can count on maximum power and signal transfer with minimum resistance or interference.
- amplifier wiring kit
- cables meet or exceed the American Wire Gauge specifications and requirements
- 17 feet of blue 8-gauge power cable with attached ring terminal and protective wire loom
- 4 feet of gray 8-gauge ground cable with attached ring terminal
- 17 feet of clear 16-gauge turn-on lead wire
- AFS fuse holder and 60-amp fuse
- assortment of installation hardware and cable ties
- extends your Kicker amplifier's warranty by one year, if purchased along with the amp
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 46PK8
What's in the box:
- 17' Length of 8-gauge blue power wire (ring terminal on one end)
- 4' Length of 8-gauge gray ground wire
- (ring terminal on one end)
- 17' Length of 16-gauge silver remote wire
- FHS fuse holder with 60-amp fuse installed
- 8-Gauge firewall grommet
- Six 6" wire ties
- Self-tapping hex-head bolt
- Flat washer
- 18-22 Gauge butt connector
More details on the Kicker 46PK8
Overview: The Kicker PK8 amplifier wiring kit includes the power, ground, and remote cables, as well as the accessories you'll need for installing a single amplifier. This amp kit includes the following:
- Power Wire: This 17' 8-gauge Kicker full-spec power cable features cobalt blue Virgin Hyper-Flex PVC insulation. The cable features 735 strands of 100% oxygen-free copper (OFC) to give you more voltage to your amplifier, compared to the less expensive Copper-Clad Aluminum (CCA) wire used by some manufacturers. More voltage in means more power output from your amplifier. The Hyper-Flex jacket is built to resist temperature extremes and exposure to oil and gas. The power wire has a ring terminal on one end, with a braided protective sleeve over the first 4 feet of cable. The cable is marked for cutting to install the included fuse holder. It is CEA-2015 and BC5W2 compliant.
- Ground Wire: The 4' 8-gauge Kicker ground cable has the same specs as the power wire, but with a gray Hyper-Flex jacket. It has a ring terminal installed on one end.
- Remote Wire: The 17-foot silver remote wire contains 16-gauge stranded wire, and comes in a sleek clear jacket.
- Fuse Holder: The Kicker FHS fuse holder installs on the power wire within 18" of the battery. The fuse holder features brass hardware and will accept up to 4-gauge wire. The wires and fuse are held in place with set screws that require a 3mm hex bit or Allen wrench (not included). The fuse holder has a 60-amp AFS fuse installed. Dimensions: Width 1.35", Height 1.316", Length 3.117".
- Installation Accessories: The PK8 amp wiring kit includes the following accessories needed for the installation:
- Self-tapping Grounding Bolt: You'll need to sand a 1/2" diameter area to bare metal for the grounding point. The 1" long self-tapping ground bolt secures the ground cable's ring terminal to the vehicle's metal chassis. A flat washer is also included.
- Firewall Grommet: This plastic grommet protects the power wire as it passes from the engine compartment through the firewall. It keeps any sharp edges from cutting through the power cable's jacket and causing a short.
- Butt Connector: The included crimp-type butt connector allows you to splice the head unit's remote (turn-on) wire to the included remote wire. The connector fits 18-22 gauge wires.
- Wire Ties: Six 6" wire ties ("zip ties") are included for securing wires, keeping them out of the way for a clean install.
Note: This kit does not include an audio interconnect (RCA) cable or speaker wire.
Warranty Extension: Purchasing and installing a Kicker amplifier with a qualifying Kicker complete amplifier wiring kit will extend the amplifier warranty by one additional year.
The Kicker 46PK8 replaces these items