About the Kicker KXM800.5
Kicker expertise in a marine amp
Kicker expertise in a marine amp
The key to building a great marine amp is building a great amp, period. When Kicker designed their KXM marine line, they used the company's popular Kicker KX car amps as a starting point. Kicker KXM amps combine first-rate technology with water-resistant, protective hardware outside, so they're ready for life on the water.
The RCA inputs on this Kicker amp will accept signals from just about any marine stereo.
Delivers dependable power to your whole system with style
Kicker designed the KXM800.5 amplifier to run your boat's entire system, powering four speakers with 50 watts RMS each while driving a sub with up to 400 watts RMS. This reliable and compact KXM Series 5-channel amp stays cool even when pushed hard, thanks to its high-mass heatsink, high-tech internal components, and full-range Class-D amp technology. Not worried about rear speakers? You could also use this amp in 3-channel mode to send 200 watts RMS each to some high-performance components up front, and still run your sub with 400 watts.
Made for marine use
No matter how snug the installation space, a marine amp has to be tough enough to stand up to the marine environment. The KXM800.5 features a conformal coated circuit board for improved water and dust resistance, plus corrosion-resistant power connections, a gasket-sealed front cover, and stainless steel mounting hardware that won't rust all over your boat's gel coat or carpeting. The all-weather protection even extends to the UV-protected heatsink finish.
Connects to virtually any system
Kicker's Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) rejects noise and stops any interference generated by your boat's electronics, so you'll hear your music clearly. The amp's RCA inputs accept speaker-level or line-level signals, so you can connect this amp to almost any stereo. Kicker even thought to build in a 3-second turn-on delay, eliminating annoying (and potentially damaging) turn-on pops.
Folding door protects controls from water
The gasket-sealed front cover screws tight to seal out water, but opens easily for access your amp's controls. You can tune for almost any kind of speaker, as the steeply-sloped high- and low-pass filters offer a wide range of adjustment. The filter section for the rear channels can be set up for bandpass operation — where both the high- and low-pass filters are engaged to allow only the frequencies between them to play — for optimizing the signal for midbass drivers or other component speakers. The subwoofer channel includes a bass boost for adding some kick to your music, along with a subsonic filter that eliminates the extra-low, inaudible frequencies that waste your sub's energy.
- 5-channel marine amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable high- and low-pass filters (10-5000 Hz, 24 dB/octave) on front channels
- variable high-pass (10-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave), low-pass (10-5000 Hz, 24 dB/octave), and bandpass (10-5000 Hz, 24 dB/octave) filters on rear channels
- variable low-pass (40-160 Hz, 24 dB/octave) and subsonic (10-80 Hz, 24 dB/octave) filters on subwoofer channel
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz) on subwoofer channel
- front-mounted controls protected behind fold-down, gasket-sealed cover
- blue light-pipe illumination matches Kicker's illuminated marine speakers
- wired remote bass level included
- Class D amp technology
- Fail-Safe Integration Technology eliminates noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amplifiers in a system, an additional 100-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- 12-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Kicker amp wiring kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 40KXM8005
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel marine amplifier
- Remote bass level control
- 20' Remote cable (with an RJ-25 phone plug on each end)
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 2" Stainless steel self-tapping screws
- Two 3/8" Stainless steel self-tapping screws
- 4 Stainless steel flat washers
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Kicker "Livin' Loud" power certificate
More details on the Kicker KXM800.5
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||50 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-5,000 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-5,000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Kicker KXM800.5 marine amplifier's special weather-resistant features allow it to withstand the harsh marine environment and give you dependable performance. The internal circuit board has been sprayed with a moisture-deterring, protective conformal coating for water and dirt resistance. The power, speaker, and input connections are gasket-sealed, as is the cover hiding the control settings, creating a water-resistant barrier to key components. Stainless steel mounting hardware prevents rust stains, and the UV-treated chassis finish battles harsh sunlight.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4Ω load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N), and over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare amplifiers on an equal basis. Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Kicker KXM800.5 is rated at 50 watts RMS x 4 channels, plus 200 watts RMS x 1 channel, with a 75 dBA signal to noise ratio.
Specifications: The manual also lists these non CEA-2006 compliant specifications:
- Power (full range):
- 2Ω: 100 watts x 4 channels (no more than 1% THD+N, 14.4 volts)
- Bridged: 200 watts x 2 channels (into 4Ω with no more than 1% THD, 14.4 volts)
- Power (subwoofer): 400 watts x 1 channel (into 2Ω with no more than 1.5% THD, 14.4 volts)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB (at rated power)
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum RMS power output of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Protection Circuitry: The KXM800.5 has protection circuitry that will turn the amp off in the event of overheating, over voltage (power input), under voltage (power input), and short circuit (speaker output). If the Protection LED on the front side of the amp illuminates red, the protection circuit has engaged and the amp will not play until the problem is resolved.
Gain: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels coming from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the Kicker KXM800.5 features adjustable gain controls (low level: 125mV-5V, high level: 250mV-10V). The front, rear, and subwoofer sections of the amplifier (labeled Amp 1, Amp 2, and Sub) have independent rotary gain controls, labeled from 0 to 11.
Input Level Switch: Set the input level switch to low when using preamp level input signals and high when using speaker level input signals.
Crossover: The front, rear, and Subwoofer sections of the amplifier have independent crossover circuits:
- Amp 1:
- Mode: three position switch; Off (crossover bypassed), HP (high-pass), or LP (low-pass)
- Range: two position switch; sets the frequency adjustment range for the crossover point dial; 1x (10-500 Hz) or 10x (100-5,000 Hz)
- Frequency: continuously variable from 10 to 500 Hz (with Range switch in the 1x position) or 100-5,000 Hz (with Range switch in the 10x position)
- Amp 2:
- Mode: four position switch; Off (crossover bypassed), HP (high-pass), LP (low-pass), or BP (band-pass, both high-pass and low-pass circuits engaged)
- Range: two position switch; sets the frequency adjustment range for the low-pass crossover point dial; 1x or 10x
- High-Pass Frequency: continuously variable from 10 to 500 Hz
- Low-Pass Frequency: continuously variable from 40 to 500 Hz (with Range switch in the 1x position) or 400-5,000 Hz (with Range switch in the 10x position)
- Subsonic: high-pass; rotary control, continuously variable from 10 Hz to 80 Hz
- Low-Pass Frequency: continuously variable from 40 to 160 Hz
Kick EQ: The subwoofer section's Kick EQ bass boost circuit is continuously variable from 0 to +18 dB and centered at 40 Hz.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- +12 V: The amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal.
- DC Offset: The amp turns on when a 6 volt offset is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker-level source)
- Audio: The amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected
Fader: When your source unit has discrete front and rear outputs, set the fader switch to on. Turn the fader switch off to send a single stereo input to both the front and rear amps.
Sub Input: If your source unit has a discrete subwoofer output, set this switch to Sub. Otherwise set to Amp 2, and the subwoofer amp will receive its signal from the same source as Amp 2.
KXRC Remote Bass Control: The KXM800.5 comes with the KXRC Remote Bass Control, which allows you to control the output level of the subwoofer amplifier remotely. The wired remote includes a 20' cable, with RJ-25 phone plugs at each end, which connects the remote to the amplifier.
Note: The KXRC Remote Bass Control measures approximately 1-5/8" wide x 1" high x 1-1/4" deep (2-1/8" including knob and cable).
Power Connections: The power and ground connections are set-screw terminals that will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire. The remote turn-on set-screw terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The included Allen-wrench is required to loosen/tighten the terminals.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with an internal fuse. An external 80-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If the system has only this amp and a wiring kit is used that includes a fuse with a value other than 80-amps, the original should be replaced with a 80-amp fuse.
Speaker Outputs: The Kicker KXM800.5 is equipped with five pair of set-screw speaker output terminals. The terminals will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire and are loosened/tightened with the included Allen-wrench.
Dual Sensitivity Inputs: The amplifier has three pair of dual input sensitivity differential RCA inputs (Amp 1, Amp 2 and Sub), which will accept either speaker-level (high) or preamp (low) signals from your source unit. A high-level signal can be run from the head unit's speaker outputs to the stereo RCA inputs of the amplifier using Speaker Wire to RCA adapters (206KiSL, sold separately). The Input Level Switch on the amp should be set to high when using speaker-level inputs, and low when using line-level inputs.
Remote Bass: Connect the included wired remote bass control to the RJ-25 port on the amplifier.
The Kicker KXM800.5 replaces these items
- 70 watts RMS x 4 + 210 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- variable high-pass/low-pass filters and subsonic filter
- conformal-coated circuit board