About the Kicker 43CXA300.1
Power for your bass
Power for your bass
Looking for strong bass? Kicker's CXA300.1 mono amp can send up to 300 watts RMS to your subwoofer. You can use the variable low-pass filter to get maximum performance from your sub/enclosure combo, while the fixed subsonic filter removes the extreme low resonances that cause distortion. The variable bass boost allows you to add some low-end punch if you need it. An optional wired remote lets you conveniently adjust the bass level from your front seat.
Hooks in almost anywhere in almost any position
Kicker's Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT™) keeps this amp's input free from noise or interference, so you can tap into your speaker wires for a signal without a worry. The CXA300.1 comes with hardware that lets you mount it vertically, so you can put it in a location that takes up very little floor space and looks cool too.
Kicker 43CXA300.1 signal connections and controls
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 40 Hz)
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapters required)
- balanced differential inputs reduce noise and interference
- optional remote bass level controller available
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 40-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 40-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- includes hardware for vertical mounting
- dimensions: 8-1/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 43CXA3001
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 2 Vertical mounting brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws (3/4" length)
- Owner's Manual
- Certified Power certificate
More details on the Kicker 43CXA300.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
150 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||25-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: Kicker CX Series amplifiers can deliver plenty of power when you need it, utilizing high-grade internal components and an optimized circuit layout. The amp has highly efficient heat sinks to keep the amp running cool. You can mount the amplifier vertically, if desired, with the supplied mounting brackets.
Power Output: The CXA300.1 is a mono amplifier designed to output 150 watts RMS at 4Ω (<1% THD+N @ 14.4V) and 300 watts RMS at 2Ω.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located on the side of the amplifier:
- Input Gain Control: The rotary input Gain control lets you match the output of the source unit to the amplifier. When setting the Gain, you should turn the source unit up to about 3/4 of the maximum volume, adjust the gain until audible distortion can be heard, then back the gain down slightly. The Gain control goes from 0 to 11.
- Low Pass Filter: You can select a crossover frequency between 50Hz and 200Hz. This adjusts the upper frequency limit of the amplifier's output. The rotary control can be adjusted with a small slotted screwdriver (not included).
- Input Level: The RCA inputs on the amplifier will accept a high-level or low-level input. Using the Input Level switch, you can select high level (button in) or low level (button out) input.
- KickEQ Bass Boost: The bass level can be increased between 0dB and +12dB via the rotary KickEQ Bass Boost control. The bass boost circuit is centered at 40Hz.
Subsonic Filter: The amplifier features a non-defeatable 25Hz Subsonic Filter with a 24dB per octave slope. The Subsonic Filter rolls off extremely low frequencies that can't be cleanly reproduced by the amplifier and subwoofers. This reduces distortion and helps the amp run more efficiently.
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two Auto Turn-on modes: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred auto turn-on method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a 6V DC offset is detected on the source unit's speaker outputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Connections: The CXA300.1 has screw-down terminals for power, ground, turn-on lead (REM), and speaker outputs. The openings for the wires are slotted, which will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors. The power and ground slots are 1/2" wide (for up to 8 gauge wire) and the REM and speaker slots are 5/16" in width (up to 10 gauge wire).
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 18" of the battery. It is recommended that an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 40A external fuse be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit is purchased with the amplifier.
Input Signal: The CXA300.1 is capable of receiving either high- or low-level input signals, and you can select the input type on the end of the amp. A pair of female RCA jacks is provided on the end of the amp. If you are using a speaker-level source, you can use the optional Kicker KiSL speaker level to RCA adapter. The Input Sensitivity is 250mV-10.0V (High Level), while the Low Level Input Sensitivity is 125mV-5.0V.
Preamp Output: The CXA300.1 has a stereo RCA output which passes the audio signal to another amplifier or component. This allows you to daisy-chain another amplifier without having to run RCA cables from the head unit to the second amp. Either input method, high- or low-level, will provide a low-level output signal at the RCA output.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked