About the Kicker Amphitheater™ BT2
Whether it's in your den, your garage, or in your office, the Kicker Amphitheater BT2 delivers big, spacious sound from your smartphone, or tablet — as well as Bluetooth-compatible Mac® and PC laptops.
Powerful Kicker sound
This potent speaker system houses two 5" woofers for solid mids and midbass, and two 3/4" silk dome tweeters for crystal-clear highs. The rear-mounted 6" square passive radiator reinforces the lows, giving you big, beefy bass. It's all powered by a built-in 50-watt amplifier with digital signal processing that optimizes the signal for detail and clarity.
KickStart app adds options
Download Kicker's free KickStart app to your Android™ or Apple smartphone or tablet to do even more with the Amphitheater BT2. The app lets you use your mobile device to adjust the treble and bass or choose from eight EQ settings, four of which are customizable.
Digging the track you're playing at the moment? The app lets you share it through Facebook with your friends. KickStart also automatically connects your smartphone or tablet to the Amphitheater BT2 — no messing about with settings. And if you were interrupted in your last session, the Auto Play feature will start the song up when you reconnect, right at the point where it stopped.
There's even a Priority List that shows up to five devices paired with the Amphitheater BT2. You can customize the order to ensure your go-to device always gets connected.
USB playback and charging
The Amphitheater BT2 features a USB port for convenient power and music playback. Connect your Phone® or iPad® to charge it up while you listen to tunes. And you can do the same with many Android™ smartphones and tablets, as well as other handheld USB-powered devices.
- compatible with Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, tablets, and computers
- two 5" woofers and two 3/4" tweeters, plus a rear-mounted 6" square passive radiator
- top-mounted controls
- KickStart app
- free download from Apple iTunes® and Google Play store
- bass and treble controls
- 8 EQ settings (4 adjustable)
- share songs on Facebook
- auto connect via Bluetooth
- Auto Play will begin playing tracks right where you stopped last session
- stereo minijack input for use with other portable devices
- USB port for charging and playback from Apple and Android smartphone and tablets
- AC power adapter
- 19"W x 8-7/8"H x 9-1/4"D
- weight: 9.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IK5BT2X2
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth active speaker
- AC power supply (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- 59" AC power cord
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remmote) Owner's Manual
More details on the Kicker Amphitheater™ BT2
2.1Ch Speaker System: The Kicker Amphitheater BT2 (41iK5BT2) employs two 0.75" dome tweeters, two 5" midrange drivers, and a 6" square subwoofer powered by a 50W amplifier with digital signal processing (DSP) for room filling full-range sound with dynamic bass response. Your able to adjust Bass & Treble from the included remote control, as well as select a Preset EQ or fine tune the 8-Band EQ from the KickStart app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. There's even a Spatialization feature that produces a wider soundstage.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Kicker Amphitheater BT2 features built-in Bluetooth for wireless connection of your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, Windows PC, Mac computer, or other Bluetooth-enabled device. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your compatible Bluetooth-enabled device to the Amphitheater BT2. You will also be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse, and Previous/Next Track from the included IR remote. Up to 5 devices can be paired to the system, but only one can be used at a time for playback.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kicker Amphitheater BT2 (41iK5BT2).
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection via USB: The Amphitheater BT2 features a rear-panel USB port which supports connection of select Apple iPod, iPhone, and iPad devices. Simply connect your Apple device use the dock or Lightning cable that came with your device. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your connected Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad through the Kicker speaker system. Basic playback control (such as Play/Pause, FW/RW, Previous/Next Track) can be done from the system's remote control. Advance music navigation and song/artist information will still be handled by your iPod, iPhone, or iPad. The speaker system will also charge your Apple device's battery while its connected via USB (5V/1A).
Note: This USB port does not support USB thumbdrives, Android smartphone, or other USB storage devices. The USB port (5V/1A) will however charge the battery of your connected smartphone device.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kicker Amphitheater BT2 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod and iPhone models (as of 9/25/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connection Type||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Bluetooth||USB||Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||KickStart App||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The Kicker Amphitheater BT2 system is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input that provides connection and playback of non-Bluetooth audio devices with a headphone jack or analog audio output.
KickStart App: Download the free KickStart app onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.1+) device from iTunes or GooglePlay to enhance your experience with the Kicker Amphitheater BT2 system over Bluetooth. The KickStart app features 4 screens that allow you to adjust parameters of the system with your Apple iOS or Android device's touchscreen.
- 8-Band EQ + Spatializer: The KickStart app lets you easily customize the Amphitheater BT2's audio with a variety of EQ presets (Kicker EQ, Rock/Pop, Rap/HipHop, or Jazz/Classical). You can also further fin tuner the system's audio performance by adjusting the 8-band EQ (80/100/250/500/1k/5k/10k/16k Hz) and storing up to 4 User presets. In addition, The Spatialization feature makes the stereo field wider and increases the surround ambience.
- Social Media Sharing: You also gain social-media integration that allows you to brag to all of your Facebook friends about what you are listening to on the Amphitheater BT2 system.
- Bluetooth Features: The app also contains Bluetooth-specific features to further simplify wireless audio streaming. Auto Connect lets the Kicker system automatically connect to your paired Bluetooth-device when you're in range for music streaming. After your Bluetooth device is connected, Auto Play will begin playing exactly where you last left off. The Priority List shows all Bluetooth devices that are paired with the Kicker system and the order of priority.
IR Remote: The Amphitheater BT2 comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the system. You can control the system's Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Mute, and Bass/Treble. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth-connected devices, like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse, and Previous/Next Track. The speaker system also features top-panel controls that consist of Power/On Off, Source, Pair, Volume Up/Down, and Mute.
AC Power Adapter: The Kicker Amphitheater BT2 system operates off of standard household current using the included AC power adapter & cord.
- Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz, 1.5A
- Output: 24V - 2900mA, 69.6W
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
9 questions already asked