About the Kicker 45KMA150.2
Enjoy your music while you're cruising
Enjoy your music while you're cruising
A little power goes a long way in making your day out on the water more fun. Kicker's KMA150.2 marine amplifier can power 2 speakers with 40 watts RMS each, so you'll hear your music clearly over the sounds of the wind and waves. You could also use this amp in bridged, one-channel mode to power a subwoofer with 150 watts RMS.
Internal electronics and tone controls for the best sound
This amp's Class AB technology offers exceptional sound quality and minimizes electrical interference. A high-pass crossover filter guards against low-frequency distortion in your speakers, while a low-pass filter and a bass boost help sculpt the tone when you're powering a sub.
Shrugs off salt and water
Kicker knows how rough things can get at sea — they built this amp weather-tough, with marine-grade speaker terminals, stainless-steel screws, conformal circuit boards, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power connections. That last one is a certification from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), so you know that these connectors are well-made and will work well for a long time, even in rough seas.
KMA150.2 input and control panel
- 2-channel marine amplifier
- 40 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable when bridged)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class AB amp technology
- variable high- or low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 40 Hz)
- conformal-coated circuit board helps prevent corrosion
- marine-grade speaker terminals and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power connections
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapters required for speaker-level input)
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 40-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 8-1/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 45KMA1502
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel marine amplifier
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 3/4")
- Owner's Manual
- Kicker Certified Power certificate
More details on the Kicker 45KMA150.2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||40 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: Kicker KMA Series amplifiers combine a small footprint and sleek design with ample power to drive your speakers and subwoofers. The KMA amps are designed for marine applications, and include 316L stainless-steel mounting hardware, marine-grade speaker terminals, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power terminals to protect them from moisture.
Marine Certified: The Kicker KMX Series amplifiers are made for marine applications. The power, ground, and remote terminals meet stringent standards set by the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) and the ABYC (American Boat & Yacht Council) for protection from moisture and corrosion. The internal circuit boards are conformal coated to protect them from water damage.
Power Output: The KMA150.2 is a 2-channel amplifier designed to power a pair of speakers or a subwoofer in your vessel. The amplifier provides the following power output:
- 40 watts x 2 RMS at 4Ω stereo (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
- 75 watts x 2 RMS at 2Ω stereo (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
- 150 watts x 1 RMS at 4Ω bridged mono (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located on the side of the amplifier. The controls include:
- Input Level: The RCA inputs on the amplifier are capable of receiving high or low-level input signals from your source unit. If using a high-level input, the Input Level button should be pressed in. Otherwise, the button should be left out.
- Gain Control: This rotary Gain Control lets you match the output of the source unit to the amplifier. When setting the Gain, you should turn the source unit up to about 3/4 of the maximum volume, adjust the gain until audible distortion can be heard, and then back the gain down slightly.
- Crossover: The amp has a switchable crossover that can be set to high-pass, low-pass, or off (full-range). The rotary control lets you set the crossover frequency between 50Hz and 200Hz. The crossover has a 12dB/octave slope.
- KickEQ Bass Boost: The KickEQ Bass Boost is variable between 0dB and 12dB, with a center frequency of 40Hz.
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two Auto Turn-on modes: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred auto turn-on method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a 6V DC offset is detected on the source unit's speaker outputs, the amplifier automatically turns on. When DC Offset is used, the remote turn-on terminal will output +12V to turn on additional amplifiers, if needed.
Connections: The KMA150.2 has screw-down terminals for power, ground, and turn-on lead (REM). These ABYC-compliant power and ground terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire (recommended), and the turn-on lead will accept up to 10 gauge (18-gauge is sufficient). The speaker outputs are screw-down terminals, and capable of accepting up to 10-gauge speaker wire. Two sets of speaker terminals are provided. The power, ground, turn-on, and speaker terminals can be loosened/tightened with a flat-head or Phillips screwdriver (not included). The RCA inputs will receive either high or low level signals from your source unit. If you are using a high level signal, you can connect the source unit's speaker wires to optional Kicker KiSL speaker-to-RCA adapters, or splice the speaker wires to a male RCA plug.
External Fuse Required: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 7" (U.S.C.G. standard) of the battery. It is recommended that an 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 40A external fuse or circuit breaker be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit (such as the PK8 or CK8) is purchased with the amplifier.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.
1 question already asked