About the Kicker 45KMA450.6
Enjoy your music while you're cruising
Enjoy your music while you're cruising
Kicker's KMA450.6 marine amplifier can power six speakers with 40 watts RMS each, so you'll hear your music clearly over the sounds of the wind and waves, in up to 3 zones on your boat. You could also use this amp to power a system consisting of two speakers for the deck, for example, and two speakers plus a subwoofer for the cabin. If you're just interested in power, this amp can go into bridged, 3-channel mode and put out up to 150 watts RMS per channel, for two high-performance tower speakers and a sub, for example.
Tone controls for the best sound
High-pass crossover filters on all channels guard against low-frequency distortion in your speakers. The "Amp 3" channels feature a low-pass filter and bass boost to shape the tone for a subwoofer. It also features a wired remote, so you can control the level of bass from the pilot's seat.
Shrugs off salt and water
Kicker knows how rough things can get at sea — they built this amp weather-tough, with marine-grade speaker terminals, stainless-steel screws, conformal circuit boards, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power connections. That last one is a certification from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), so you know that those connectors are well-made and will work well for a long time, even in rough seas.
KMA450.6 input and control panel
- 6-channel marine amplifier
- 40 watts RMS x 6 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 6 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 3 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable when bridged)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- Amp 1 & Amp 2:
- variable high-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Amp 3:
- variable high- or low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 40 Hz)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- wired remote level control included (plus 19.5-foot cable)
- conformal-coated circuit board helps prevent corrosion
- marine-grade speaker terminals and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power connections
- source switches eliminate the need for Y-cords for input signals
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapters required for speaker-level input)
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 80-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 13-7/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 45KMA4506
What's in the box:
- 6-Channel marine amplifier
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 3/4")
- KMARC remote control
- 19.5' Remote cable (RJ-25 modular plugs on each end)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 3/8")
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
- Kicker Certified Power certificate
More details on the Kicker 45KMA450.6
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||40 x 6|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 6|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 3|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz (Amp3)|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB (Amp3)|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: Kicker KMA Series amplifiers combine a small footprint and sleek design with ample power to drive your speakers and subwoofers. The KMA amps are designed for marine applications, and include 316L stainless-steel mounting hardware, marine-grade speaker terminals, and ABYC/NMMA-compliant power terminals to protect them from moisture. The amp also comes with a Remote Level control.
Marine Certified: The Kicker KMX Series amplifiers are made for marine applications. The power, ground, and remote terminals meet stringent standards set by the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) and the ABYC (American Boat & Yacht Council) for protection from moisture and corrosion. The internal circuit boards are conformal coated to protect them from water damage.
Power Output: The KMA450.6 is a 6-channel amplifier designed to power three pairs of speakers or subwoofers in your vessel. The amplifier provides the following power output:
- 40 watts x 6 RMS at 4Ω stereo (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
- 75 watts x 6 RMS at 2Ω stereo (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
- 150 watts x 3 RMS at 4Ω bridged mono (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
KMARC: The amplifier includes the KMARC remote control that connects via the supplied 19.5' cable. The remote features a rotary dial to adjust the amplifier's Amp3 section output level from the cockpit or driver's seat. (It has no impact on the Amp1 or Amp2 output level.) The RJ-25 jack on the amplifier is covered by a rubber plug if the remote is not connected.
Subsonic Filter (Amp3 only): The Subsonic filter on Amp3 (channels 5 and 6) provides a cutoff point for lower frequencies that could potentially damage your speakers. These low frequencies may cause over-excursion in the drivers and waste amplifier power. The 25 Hz subsonic filter is always engaged, and has a 24dB/octave slope.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located on the side of the amplifier. The KMA450.6 is essentially three amplifiers (Amp1, Amp2, and Amp3) in one chassis, with separate controls for each amp. The controls include:
- Input Level: The RCA inputs on the amplifier are capable of receiving high or low-level input signals from your source unit. If using a high-level input, the Input Level button should be pressed in. Otherwise, the button should be left out. (The Input Level control is for all channels.)
- Fader: Separate Fader Controls let you select the input source for channels 3 and 4 (Amp2), and channels 5 and 6 (Amp3). For Amp2, you can choose the source from Amp1 or Amp2. For Amp3, you can choose the source from Amp2 or Amp3. This allows you to feed an audio signal to one, two, or three pairs of RCAs.
- Gain Control: These rotary Gain Controls let you match the output of the source unit to the amplifier. When setting the Gain, you should turn the source unit up to about 3/4 of the maximum volume, adjust the gain until audible distortion can be heard, and then back the gain down slightly.
- Crossovers: The amp has a variable crossover control for Amp3 that can be set to High Pass, Low Pass, or Off (Full Range). The rotary control sets the cutoff frequency for the Amp3 cutoff (low or high pass) between 50Hz and 200Hz. The outputs for Amp1 and Amp2 can be set to High-pass only, with a variable crossover from Off (full range) to 200Hz.
- KickEQ Bass Boost (Amp3 only): The KickEQ Bass Boost is variable between 0dB and 12dB, with a center frequency of 40Hz. This affects the output of channels 5 and 6 only.
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has two Auto Turn-on modes: +12V and DC Offset. The preferred auto turn-on method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can turn on the amplifier via the DC Offset method. When a 6V DC offset is detected on the source unit's speaker outputs, the amplifier automatically turns on. When DC Offset is used, the remote turn-on terminal will output +12V to turn on additional amplifiers, if needed.
Connections: The KMA450.6 has screw-down terminals for power, ground, and turn-on lead (REM). These ABYC-compliant power and ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire (recommended), and the turn-on lead will accept up to 10 gauge (18-gauge is sufficient). The speaker outputs are screw-down terminals, and capable of accepting up to 10-gauge speaker wire. Six sets of speaker terminals are provided. The power, ground, turn-on, and speaker terminals can be loosened/tightened with a flat-head or Phillips screwdriver (not included). The RCA inputs will receive either high or low level signals from your source unit. If you are using a high level signal, you can connect the source unit's speaker wires to optional Kicker KiSL speaker-to-RCA adapters, or splice the speaker wires to a male RCA plug.
External Fuse Required: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 7" (U.S.C.G. standard) of the battery. It is recommended that a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit and an 80A external fuse or circuit breaker be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit (such as the PK4 or CK4) is purchased with the amplifier.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.
7 questions already asked