About the Kicker 44KXMA1200.1
Delivers king-size bass with style
Delivers king-size bass with style
Kicker's KXMA1200.1 marine subwoofer amplifier will power your subs with up to 1,200 watts RMS. This reliable and compact KXM Series rocker remains cool even when pushed hard, thanks to its high-mass heatsink, high-tech internal components, and the efficient Class-D amp technology. And the amp's stable for a one-ohm load, so it can get used in a wide variety of subwoofer configurations.
Made for marine use
The KXMA1200.1 features a conformal-coated circuit board for improved water and dust resistance, plus corrosion-resistant power connections, a gasket-sealed front cover, and stainless steel mounting hardware that won't rust all over your boat's gel coat or carpeting.
Kicker employs their Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT2™) to reject noise and stop any interference generated by your boat's electronics, so you'll enjoy your music clean and pure. Speaker-level inputs make it possible to hook this amp up to almost any receiver or radio. Kicker also helps you set this amp's gain properly, by offering free test tones for downloading. You play a tone and turn the gain up until the gain knob glows red. Then, you turn it down until it just goes out, and the amp's gain is set perfectly.
Very cool wireless remote
Kicker's unique KXARC Bluetooth® wireless remote control comes with this amplifier. So from your pilot's seat, you can adjust the level of the subwoofer, add bass using the SHOCwave™ bass restorer, switch sub phase, and get a warning when the sub signal clips.
Bass controls behind the folding door
You can tune for almost any enclosure and sub, using the steeply-sloped low-pass and subsonic filters to keep the signal clean. A parametric KickEQ™ lets you choose a bass frequency to boost and also how many notes above and below that center frequency you can boost along with it.
KXMA1200.1 control panel
- mono marine subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1200 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 1200 watts RMS (+/-10%) x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- gain knob also functions as clip light
- variable low-pass filter (40-160 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Kick EQ+ parametric bass boost (0-18 dB at 20-80 Hz with bandwidth adjustment 1-5)
- variable subsonic filter (10-80 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- KXARC Bluetooth wireless remote controls:
- gain: 0 dB (no change) to -26 dB
- SHOCwave (Sub Harmonic Octave Creation) bass restoration
- phase: 0°/180°
- clip LED indicator
- weather-resistant conformal-coated circuit boards
- front-mounted controls protected behind gasket-sealed fold-down door
- Fail-Safe Integration Technology eliminates noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input))
- preamp outputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 150-amp fuse recommended
- for multiple amplifiers, another 150-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- dimensions: 9-5/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 44KXMA12001
What's in the box:
- Mono marine amplifier
- KXARC remote control
- Surface mount cup
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 1")
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 2")
- 4 Flat washers
- Owner's Manual
- Kicker Certified Power certificate
More details on the Kicker 44KXMA1200.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1200 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-160 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||20-80 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: Kicker KXM Series amplifiers combine a small footprint and sleek design with ample power to drive your speakers and subwoofers. The KXM amps are designed for marine applications, with sealed controls and gasketed power terminals to protect them from moisture. New technology onboard lets you easily set the gain and maximize the output. KXM amplifiers feature FIT2 (Fail-Safe Integration Technology) circuitry to let you connect the amp to virtually any radio.
Marine Certified: The Kicker KMX Series amplifiers are made for marine applications. The power, ground, remote, and speaker terminals meet stringent standards set by the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) and the ABYC (American Boat & Yacht Council) for protection from moisture. The control panel has a drop-down door with a rubber gasket to keep moisture out. The internal circuit boards are conformal coated to protect them from water damage. On the outside, the aluminum chassis is UV-treated to protect it from harmful UV rays for long life.
Power Output: The KXMA1200.1 is a mono block amplifier designed to power the subwoofers in your vessel. The amplifier provides the following power output:
- 600 watts x 1 RMS at 4Ω (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
- 1200 watts x 1 RMS at 2Ω (≤1% THD+N, 14.4V)
Note: The amplifier is 1Ω stable with the power rating equivalent to 2Ω operation, +/- 10%.
Gain Matching: The Kicker KXMA1200.1 makes it easy to set the input gain through a procedure called Gain Matching. The goal is to match the output of the source unit to the input level of the amplifier. The amp features a self-illuminating gain control knob that indicates when the amplifier is clipping, allowing you to properly set the gain. Kicker recommends setting the gain using test tones for best results.
SHOCwave: The SHOCwave (Sub Harmonic Octave Creation) feature can restore low frequencies that are lost due to compression in digital music files or in older recordings. Using the KXARC remote, you can adjust the SHOC level until the low frequencies are satisfactory. For the effect to work properly, the subwoofer channel must be operating with a full-range signal.
KXARC: The amplifier includes the KXARC wireless remote control that connects via Bluetooth. Not only can you adjust the amplifier gain, you can also set the phase (0° or 180°), control the SHOCwave feature, and monitor the amplifier's output for clipping. The remote features a rotary dial with a push button action to activate the indicated selection. The KXARC is powered by a CR2450 cell battery, and can control up to four amplifiers simultaneously.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located on the side of the amplifier behind a protective drop-down door. A 3mm Allen wrench is provided for gaining access to the controls. The controls include:
- Gain Control: This rotary Gain Control lets you match the output of the source unit to the amplifier. When setting the Gain, you should turn the source unit up to about 3/4 of the maximum volume, adjust the gain until the LED on the Gain Control illuminates (or audible distortion can be heard), and then back the gain down slightly.
- Subsonic Filter: The Subsonic filter provides a cutoff point for lower frequencies that could potentially damage your speakers. These low frequencies may cause over-excursion in the drivers and waste amplifier power. You can set the subsonic filter between 10Hz and 80Hz to match your speaker's low-frequency capability. The filter has a 24dB/octave slope.
- Low-pass Crossover: The amp has a rotary control for setting the low-pass crossover between 40Hz and 160Hz. The crossover has a 24dB/octave slope.
- KickEQ Bass Boost: The KickEQ Parametric Bass Boost features three rotary controls for level, center frequency, and bandwidth. The boost level is variable between 0dB and 18dB, and you can set the center frequency between 20Hz and 80Hz. The bandwidth of the bass boost is variable from levels 1 to 5, with the higher bandwidth setting resulting in a sharper cut at the frequencies above and below the selected center frequency.
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier has three Auto Turn-on modes: +12V, Signal Sense, and DC Offset. The preferred auto turn-on method is to run an 18-gauge wire from the remote turn-on lead of the source unit to the Remote (REM) terminal on the amp. When a +12V signal is detected on the wire, the amplifier will turn on. If your source unit lacks a remote turn-on lead (a factory head unit, for example), you can choose to turn on the amplifier via the signal sense or DC Offset method. When the incoming audio signal from the source unit is detected, the amplifier automatically powers up. When a 3V DC offset is detected on the source unit's speaker outputs, the amplifier automatically turns on.
Connections: The KXMA1200.1 has set screw terminals for power, ground, and turn-on lead (REM). The amplifier uses 304-stainless steel screws and conformal coated PCB for increased weather resistance. The ABYC-compliant power and ground terminals will accept up to 1/0-gauge wire (4-gauge is recommended), and the turn-on lead will accept up to 8 gauge (18-gauge recommended). The set screws can be loosened/tightened with the supplied Allen wrench. The speaker outputs are set-screw terminals as well, and capable of accepting up to 8-gauge speaker wire. Two pairs of RCA jacks are provided -- one pair for the input signal and another pair for the output signal. The RCA inputs will receive either high or low level signals from your source unit. If you are using a high level signal, you can connect the source unit's speaker wires to optional Kicker KiSL speaker-to-RCA adapters, or splice the speaker wires to a male RCA plug. The RCA outputs can be used to feed the audio signal to another amplifier, if desired.
External Fuse: The amplifier does not include a built-in fuse, therefore an external fuse should be placed on the power wire, within 7" (U.S.C.G. standard) of the battery. It is recommended that a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit and a 150A external fuse or circuit breaker be used when installing the amplifier.
Note: Kicker will extend the standard warranty by an additional year (for a total of three years) when a qualifying Kicker Installation Kit (such as the PK4 or CK4) is purchased with the amplifier.
Certified Power: Each amplifier is tested when it comes off of the assembly line. Tests are run for Total Harmonic Distortion, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Protection Circuit, and Total Power Output. A Certified Power certificate with model and serial number is included with each amp with the measured power output figure, and a pass/fail grade for the other tests.
1 question already asked