About the Kicker 42PXA2001
The wonder amp
Yes, ladies and gents, Kicker's 42PXA200.1 amplifier is a 200-watt powerhouse that's not much bigger than a deck of cards. That's right, it's astonishingly small for an amp, which means you can get creative and stash it in nearly any nook or cranny in your car. And at that size, we bet you could find a place for it on your ATV or boat too. Kicker designed this amp for you open-air easy riders, with a weather-resistant enclosure, no-rust mounting hardware, a single Molex plug for all wiring, noise-killing circuitry, and plenty of power to combat wind and road noise.
Feel the bass
The amp delivers up to 200 watts RMS to a low-impedance load, so you'll have all the power you need to make the right sub thump. Kicker also gives you a subsonic filter and selectable KickEQ™ Bass Boost to dial in the low range to your liking.
- mono subwoofer amplifier (selectable to work in any vehicle with a 12-volt charging system)
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 1/2 ohm
- 100 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- 50 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohm
- frequency response: 25-120 Hz
- switchable low-pass filter (60, 80, 100 or 120 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- KickEQ Bass Boost (selectable 0dB or +6dB, centered at 40Hz)
- fixed subsonic filter (25 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs as well as two auto turn-on modes (DC offset or 12-volt trigger)
- 14-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 15A x 1
- 4-3/4"W x 1-5/8"H x 3-7/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 42PXA2001
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 12" Input/Output harness
- In-line fuse holder on 14-gauge wire
- 15A ATO fuse (installed)
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- Two 14-16 Gauge crimp-on ring terminals
- Two 11-7/8" plastic wire ties
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Ger/Fren)
More details on the Kicker 42PXA2001
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
25 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||50 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||0.5|
|Best Frequency Response||25-120 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Amplifier Class||Not Given|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||60, 80, 100, 120Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0, +6 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: PXA series amplifiers are designed for motorized vehicles with small battery/charging systems; Kicker's new Direct Amp Technology uses the vehicle's charging system as its power supply, offering 90-percent efficiency. As a result, the PXA200.1 draws a maximum of less than 15 amps and outputs solid power without taxing the limited charging capacity found on motorcycles, utility or other vehicles. Little ventilation is required and with its small footprint, the PXA200.1 can be installed in motorcycle saddle bags or fairings, glove compartments, or other small spaces.
Power Output: The PXA200.1 is a mono amplifier designed to output 100 watts RMS at 1Ω (<1% THD+N) and 200 watts RMS at 0.5Ω (< 1% THD+N). At 4Ω and 2Ω, the amp produces 25 watts and 50 watts RMS, respectively.
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located under a rubber cover, including the amp's gain control. Five DIP switches, located on one end of the amp, can select the following:
- Low Pass Crossover: 60Hz, 80Hz, 100 Hz, or 120 Hz; low pass crossover cannot be bypassed
- Bass Boost: On/Off; +6 dB boost centered at 40 Hz
- Input Level: select high (speaker level) or low (line level)
- Auto Turn-on: select 12V (amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote wire in the harness) or DC (amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected from a speaker level source)
Wiring: All the wiring connections are in one Molex plug (power, ground, remote turn-on, speaker output, RCA input).
Speaker Level Input: When connecting a speaker level source, cut the RCA plugs off and splice into the remaining wire. If you prefer not cutting the RCA plugs off, use the Kicker KiSL speaker level to RCA adapter. The High Level Input Sensitivity is 250mV-10.0V.
Differential Audio: The differential audio circuit reduces the likelihood of picking up any engine noise, and helps lower THD (Total Harmonic Distortion).
Subsonic Filter: The PXA200.1 includes a 24 dB/octave subsonic filter, fixed at 25 hertz. This filter eliminates power-robbing, extremely-low frequencies that most speakers cannot reproduce.
Weather Resistant: The PXA Amps are weather-resistant, using a conformal-coated circuit board for protection against the elements. They also include no-rust stainless-steel mounting hardware.
Optional CXARC Remote: You can control the output level of the amplifier remotely with the optional CXARC Remote Bass Control. The remote plugs into the 3.5mm mini jack on the end of the amplifier. The CXARC comes with a 19.5' cable that allows you to locate the controls near the driver's location.
The Kicker 42PXA2001 replaces these items
- extremely compact, weather-resistant amp for small cars, ATVs, boats, etc.
- 100 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- switchable low-pass filter
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked