About the Morel Elate Titanium 602
Tried and true component sound
Tried and true component sound
I've been in your shoes — it's hard to not feel overwhelmed by your choices when deciding which component system is worthy of your car... and your ears. But if you're looking for the best, Morel's component speakers soar. Every bit of that excellence is due to their passion for sound and their insistence that every hand-made Morel driver be tested to meet their premium standards.
The carefully designed crossover network allows these components to deliver maximum performance.
Elate Titanium innovations
Morel's Elate Titanium 602 component speaker system pulls no punches when it comes to performance. Let's start with a 6-1/2" woofer that uses a one-piece polymer cone with powerful damping ability that minimizes distortion and delivers stunningly accurate performance, while handling up to 180 watts RMS. And the innovation doesn't stop there — External Voice Coil (EVC™) technology maximizes voice coil size in this speaker for better heat dispersion and efficient performance. A titanium voice coil former not only contributes to this component system's cool name, its superfast transient response adds a distinctively crisp sound to your audio.
Silk dome tweeter with a difference
Morel delivers the high frequencies with a durable silk dome tweeter that's coated in Morel's one-of-a-kind Acuflex™ compound, which enhances damping for a cleaner, more natural sound. The tweeter uses a vented design that improves response and dynamic range.
Morel includes external MXR crossovers to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment.
- 6-1/2" component speaker system
- one-piece damped polymer woofer cone (DPC) with butyl rubber surround
- cast aluminum basket
- 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- handles up to 180 watts RMS (1000 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 30-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-7/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350486-505
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles (octopus style)
- 2 Mesh tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter flush mount housings
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for surface mount housings
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Flat head screws
- Six 3/4" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- 2 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
More details on the Morel Elate Titanium 602
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Damped Polymer|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||88|
|Frequency Response||30 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||180|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1000|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 11/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 5/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.392|
Woofer Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Morel, call this size woofer a 6-1/2". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6-1/2" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size woofer as a 6-3/4". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The surface mount housing angles the tweeters at approximately 40°.
|Flush Mount||Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.734"||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers' inputs and outputs are set screw terminals; they will accept bare wire up to 10-gauge. The crossover point is 2.5 kHz and the slope is 12 dB/octave. A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB. Each crossover has bi-amp inputs, one input for the tweeter and one for the woofer. When bi-amping the speakers, the input jumper wires need to be removed. Using four amplifier channels to bi-amp the speakers typically improves the dynamic range and presents an easier load for the amp(s) to drive.
- Width: 6.895"
- Height: 1.875"
- Depth: 5.208"
The Morel Elate Titanium 602 replaces these items
- triple layer carbon fibre/Rohacell sandwich woofer cone with butyl rubber surround
- 1-1/8" silk dome tweeter
- handles up to 140 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
2 questions already asked