About the Morel Elate Titanium 903
What a woofer
What a woofer
Morel's Elate Titanium 903 3-way component system uses a formidable 8-3/4" woofer for superior low-frequency punch. Its one-piece damped polymer cone minimizes distortion and delivers stunningly accurate performance, while handling up to 200 watts RMS. And the innovation doesn't stop there — External Voice Coil (EVC™) technology maximizes voice coil size in this speaker for better heat dispersion and efficient performance. A titanium voice coil former not only contributes to this component system's cool name, its superfast transient response adds a distinctively crisp sound to your audio.
The tweeter's the thing! The MT 350 tweeter in this system opens up a world of sonic detail.
Silk dome tweeter with a difference
Morel delivers the midrange and high frequencies with a durable silk dome midrange driver and a tweeter that are both coated in Morel's one-of-a-kind Acuflex™ compound, which enhances damping for a cleaner, more natural sound. The tweeter uses a vented design that improves response and dynamic range.
Morel includes external MXR crossovers to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment.
Why choose Morel?
I've been in your shoes — it's hard to not feel overwhelmed by your choices when deciding which component system is worthy of your car... and your ears. But if you're looking for the best, Morel's component speakers soar. Every bit of that excellence is due to their passion for sound and their insistence that every hand-made Morel driver be tested to meet their premium standards.
- 8-3/4" 3-way component speaker system
- one-piece damped polymer woofer cone (DPC) with butyl rubber surround
- cast aluminum basket
- 3-1/2" Acuflex coated silk dome midrange driver and 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- handles up to 200 watts RMS (1000 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 25-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-13/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350489-605
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Midrange (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles (octopus style)
- 2 Lotus style midrange grilles (installed)
- 2 Mesh midrange grilles
- 2 Lotus style tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter flush mount housings
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for surface mount housings
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Flat head screws
- Twelve 3/4" Screws
- 14 Speed clips
- 8 Midrange mounting clips
- Eight 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Installation guide
- 4 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
More details on the Morel Elate Titanium 903
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||8 3/4|
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Damped Polymer|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||89|
|Frequency Response||25 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||200|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1000|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||7 7/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.567|
Midrange Size: The midrange drivers are not a standard size, approximately 3-1/2" diameter. They are top mounted and have these dimensions:
- Depth: 0.826"
- Mounting height: 0.614"
- Flange height: 0.225"
- Cutout diameter: 2.955"
- Frame diameter: 3.505"
- Terminal Width: 0.25"
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The surface mount housing angles the tweeters at approximately 40°.
|Flush Mount||Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.734"||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers' inputs and outputs are set screw terminals; they will accept bare wire up to 10-gauge. Jumpers inside each crossover allow you to adjust the tweeter and midrange output levels; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB for the tweeter and -2 dB or 0 dB for the midrange. The woofers' low pass crossover is 12 dB/octave at 450 Hz. The midrange's high pass crossover is 6 dB/octave at 450 Hz and low pass is 12 dB/octave at 4.3 kHz. The tweeters' high pass crossover is 12 dB/octave at 4.3 kHz. Each crossover has bi-amp inputs, one input for the midrange/tweeter and one for the woofer. When bi-amping the speakers, the input jumper wires need to be removed. Using four amplifier channels to bi-amp the speakers typically improves the dynamic range and presents an easier load for the amp(s) to drive.
- Width: 6.895"
- Height: 1.875"
- Depth: 5.208"
2 questions already asked