About the Morel Hybrid 402
Why let a silly thing like a budget get in the way of phenomenal audio? Treat yourself to the rarified driving experience that Morel car speakers allow and rediscover what it feels like to love your music. Morel's Hybrid Series component speakers are celebrated for their reliability and signature sound. Every bit of that excellence is due to Morel's passion for sound and their insistence that every hand-made Hybrid Series component be tested to meet their premium standards.
A Morel favorite
The Hybrid 402 component speaker system handles up to 100 watts RMS without a worry. Its 4" damped polymer woofer handles the lower frequencies, benefiting massively from its sturdy one-piece dustcup and diaphram structure. Morel's famous MT230 soft dome tweeter really helps define this speaker system with its warm highs, and the one-of-a-kind Acuflex™ compound that coats the tweeter enhances damping for a cleaner sound. And the innovation doesn't stop there — External Voice Coil (EVC™) technology maximizes voice coil size in these speakers for better heat dispersion and efficient performance.
Morel includes external MXR crossovers to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment.
- 4" component speaker system
- one-piece Damped Polymer Cone (DPC)
- cast steel basket
- 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 1-11/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350384-505
What's in the box:
- Two Woofers
- Two Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Mesh woofer grilles
- 2 Mesh grille mounting rings
- 2 Octopus woofer grilles
- 2 Oval flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Round flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Large angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Small angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 8 Screw clips
- 6 Non-screw clips (attached to the woofer baskets)
- Six 3/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Grille mounting gasket
- Installation guide
- 2 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
More details on the Morel Hybrid 402
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Damped Polymer|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||89|
|Frequency Response||50 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 11/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||3 11/16|
Woofer Mounting: Three pressure fit (non-screw) clips are mounted around the perimeter of each woofer basket, making the speakers compatible with select older European cars. (These clips also hold the mesh grille frame in place.) The eight screw clips can be mounted anywhere around the edge of the frame, so the speakers can be installed in applications using two or four mounting screws.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The large surface mount housing also uses the oval flush mount housing and angles the tweeters at approximately 45°. The small surface mounting housing angles the tweeters at approximately 20°.
|Oval Flush Mount||Round Flush Mount||Large Surface Mount||Small Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.840"||0.955"||screw depth||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.315" wide). The crossover point is 2.2 kHz; the low pass slope is 18 dB/octave and the high pass slope is 12 dB/octave. A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB.
- Width: 5.55"
- Height: 1.433"
- Depth: 4.182"
Grilles: Two sets of woofer grilles are included, a pair of metal mesh grilles with plastic frames and a pair of metal octopus grilles. The approximate dimensions are:
- Mesh Grille:
- Height: 0.7"
- Diameter: 5.46"
- Octopus Grille:
- Height: 0.475"
- Diameter: 4.95"