About the Morel Virtus 402
The Morel driving experience
The Morel driving experience
Prepare to do more driving. Once you install Morel Virtus speakers in your car, you'll have a hard time resisting getting in the driver's seat and cranking the volume. Despite the sonic limitations posed by the automotive environment, Morel's component speakers soar. Every bit of that excellence is due to their passion for sound and their insistence that every Virtus model be made by hand and tested to meet their premium standards.
This futuristic crossover network ensures a smooth transition between the woofer and tweeter.
Vivid detail at any volume
The Virtus 402 4" component speaker system is a solid choice in the Morel line. The paper composite woofer handles the lows, and Morel's External Voice Coil (EVC™) technology maximizes voice coil size in this woofer for better heat dispersion and efficient performance. Morel's MT120 soft dome silk tweeter contributes warm highs to the distinct Virtus sound, and the one-of-a-kind Acuflex™ compound that coats the tweeter helps damping to bring out the fine detail in your music.
Morel includes external MXR crossovers to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment. This system will handle up to 100 watts RMS, so you'll want to use an amplifier to get maximum performance at high volume.
- 4" component speaker system
- paper composite woofer cone with butyl rubber surround
- steel basket
- 1-1/8" Acuflex coated soft dome silk tweeter
- external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 70-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-1/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350294-105
What's in the box:
- Two MW4 Woofers
- Two MT 120 Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 MXR200 Crossovers
- 2 Mesh woofer grilles
- 2 Grille mounting rings
- Grille mounting gasket
- 2 Octopus woofer grilles
- 2 Mesh tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Oval flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Round flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Large angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Small angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 8 Screw clips (woofer)
- 6 Non-screw clips (attached to the woofer baskets)
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Six 3/4" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- 2 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
More details on the Morel Virtus 402
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Paper Composite|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||87|
|Frequency Response||70 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||3 5/8|
Mounting: Three pressure fit (non-screw) clips are mounted around the perimeter of each woofer basket, making the speakers compatible with select older European cars. (These clips also hold the mesh grille frame in place.) The eight screw clips can be mounted anywhere around the edge of the frame, so the speakers can be installed in applications using two or four mounting screws.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The large surface mount housing also uses the oval flush mount housing and angles the tweeters at approximately 45°. The small surface mounting housing angles the tweeters at approximately 20°.
|Oval Flush Mount||Round Flush Mount||Large Surface Mount||Small Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.875"||0.955"||screw depth||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.315" wide). A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB. The crossover is 12 dB/octave at 2.2 kHz.
- Width: 5.55"
- Height: 1.457"
- Depth: 4.17"
Grilles: Two sets of woofer grilles are included, a pair of metal mesh grilles with plastic frames and a pair of metal octopus grilles. The approximate dimensions are:
- Mesh Grille:
- Height: 0.75"
- Diameter: 5.455"
- Octopus Grille:
- Height: 0.475"
- Diameter: 4.95"