About the Brandmotion 5000-CA6
If you own a vehicle with a low front scoop like a sports car or hybrid, you already know how careful you have to be in parking lots. All it takes is a few inches of raised cement to cause a crunch that'll set you back four figures. Brandmotion's 5000-CA6 Curb Alert Park View PRO proximity sensor and camera can ease your stress.
Mounted on the front end of your car, the Curb Alert Park View PRO's infrared LED sensor turns on as soon as you start the ignition and remains on at all times to determine your vehicle's distance from a curb or any obstruction that could cause damage. If your vehicle is in danger of impact, the Curb Alert PRO will warn you that you're getting too close with a series of audible beeps.
See the curb or other obstruction
Simultaneously, you'll get a video feed to your compatible car receiver or video monitor (not included), giving you a clear view of the curb (or whatever you could hit). The system will display the parking view for 10 seconds giving you ample time to park. With that kind of security in place, you can start enjoying your ride instead of sweating it.
Do you have a rear-view camera too?
If you have a video-capable car receiver with one video input, you'll need Brandmotion's 9002-6117 dual camera mobile video switcher to use the Curb Alert Park View PRO as well as a rear-view camera.
NOTE: Brandmotion provides four bracket designs for an easier installation as well as a no-drill universal application that can be removed from your vehicle with no marks left behind. Professional installation is still recommended.
- audible proximity sensor and camera for curb impact prevention
- ignition key on/off control
- adjustable warning distance from 8" to 28"
- adjustable warning volume
- built-in sensor failure indicator
- four bracket designs included
- sensor dimensions: 1-1/2"W x 1"H x 2"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5000-CA6
What's in the box:
- Proximity sensor (attached 12' cable)
- Hide-away program module (attached 8' power/ground wires)
- Speaker/Buzzer module (attached 8' harness)
- Backup camera w/ license plate bracket (attached 28.5' power/video cable)
- 20" Extension power/video cable
- Male RCA coupler
- Surface bracket
- 2 Machine screws
- 4 Mounting brackets (1 installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive clamps
- 5 Wire-ties
- Self-tapping scew
- Adhesion prep pad
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Brandmotion 5000-CA6
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||0.5 lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||170 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||0|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Curb Alert Park View PRO: Brandmotion's Curb Alert Park View Pro is an infrared sensor & front-camera parking aid system designed to protect your vehicle's front end from accidental parking damage. The Curb Alert Park View Pro system senses the space available and turns on a front camera in addition to providing a quick three-beep audible alert. The system consists of a Front-Camera w/ License Plate Mounting Bracket, Proximity IR Sensor, Speaker/Buzzer Module, and a Program Module. The Brandmotion Curb Alert Park View PRO is universally compatible and works with almost any vehicle an aftermarket head unit that features a composite video input.
Infrared (IR) LED Technology: The Curb Alert Park View PRO will reliably detect when your vehicle is getting too close to a curb. The Curb Alert PRO determines the distance of your vehicle from a curb or other low obstacle using Infrared (IR) LED technology. It sends out an infrared beam that is analyzed by the system to determine how far your vehicle is from the approaching object. The system has an adjustable warning distance of 8" to 28" from curb or object.
Front Camera: The system's front camera automatically activates when the IR proximity sensor picks up an approaching curb or garage wall. You'll see a front camera view of whatever is in front of your vehicle on your aftermarket display head unit or LCD mirror display (both sold separately). The system will display the parking view for 10 seconds giving you ample time to park.
- CMOS Image Sensor: The front camera features a CMOS image sensor and delivers 648 x 488 lines of resolution with a 170° wide viewing angle. The camera also has a low-light lux rating of 0.5 for driving at night.
- Mirror or Reverse Image: The camera will display a "Mirror" or "Normal" image on your aftermarket monitor. By default, the camera will display a "Mirror" image for backup camera use. In order to display a "Normal" image for use as a front camera, you will need to cut the white wire (labeled "Mirror option") in the camera's harness.
- Park Assist Lines: The camera provides parking assist lines on the screen of your aftermarket display monitor. These parking lines are there to assist you when backing up into a parking space. There are two vertical lines which help you judge the left and right edges of the parking space and your vehicle. There are also 4 color-coded horizontal lines that are used to distinguish how close you are getting to the end of the parking spot - Green (Clear), Orange (Getting Close), Yellow (Very Close), and Red (Stop). You can remove the Park Assist Lines by cutting the green wire (labeled "Parking Line") in the camera's harness.
Audible Warning: If the Curb Alert Park View PRO system determines that your vehicle is dangerously close to the curb, it alerts you with an audible in-cabin tone to prevent damage to your front bumper, facia, or valence panel. It warns you with a short series of audible beeps, helping you avoid expensive damage to your vehicle's front end.
Weather-Proof Housing: The Curb Alert Park View PRO's front-camera & proximity infrared sensor are housed within weatherproof cases to handle any weather conditions thrown at it.
Self-Calibration Procedure: The Curb Alert Park View Pro will require you to initially calibrate the system based on your type of vehicle, mounting location, and desired alert distance. See Installation Instructions for details.
Ignition Key On/Off: The Curb Alert Park View PRO will turn on and off with your vehicle's ignition, eliminating potential issues with electronic charging systems on some newer and hybrid vehicles.
Mounting Options: The Curb Alert Park View PRO's front-camera & proximity IR sensor mounts outside the front of the vehicle, while the hide-away program module and speaker/buzzer module mounts inside the vehicle.
- Proximity IR sensor: The included proximity IR sensor mounts under your vehicle's bumper or behind the grille and comes with four brackets to fit a wide variety of vehicles and applications. The proximity sensor must be mounted as close as possible to the center of the front of the vehicle with a clear line of sight to the curb (it is an IR sensor and so it cannot be mounted behind the license plate or any panel and/or object that will obstruct its view.
- Speaker/Buzzer: The Speaker/Buzzer mounts inside the vehicle, near the driver and should be accessible to the driver in order to allow operation of the built-in power switch. A self-adhesive backing used to mount the speaker/buzzer module.
- Program Module: The program module can be mounted under the dash or steering column using the module's self-adhesive backing and supplied wire-ties. Make sure that nothing will accidentally press the module's "Program" switch, as this will de-calibrate the unit.
- Front Camera: The front camera should be mounted in the center of the vehicle's front-end to see a view of the lower edge of the lower front fascia. Two mounting brackets are included; a license plate bracket and a surface-mount bracket for vehicles without a front centered license plate.
Connections: The Curb-Alert Park View PRO system's program module features 8' power & ground wires which will need to be connected to your vehicle's 12-volt electrical system. The program module's single 2' black wire is a negative 500ma output that will activate for 10 seconds when the system is triggered. The proximity IR sensor's 12' cable and the 8' harness of the buzzer/speaker module plug into the system's program module. The front camera's composite video cable plugs into your aftermarket head unit's composite video or camera input. The front camera also requires 12-volt power & ground.
- Proximity IR Sensor: 1.5625" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.625" (d)
- Speaker/Buzzer: 2.0625" (w) x 1.0" (h) x 1.5" (d)
- Program Module: 2.25" (w) x 1.0" (h) x 2.8125" (d)
- Front-Camera Only (without bracket): 0.875" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.125" (d)