About the Brandmotion 9002-7801V2
Works with your video receiver
Works with your video receiver
If you own a big trailer, I don't need to tell you that they're a challenge to maneuver in reverse. By now, you probably have a sixth sense when it comes to blind spots but a little help never hurts. To take the "fingers-crossed" out of reversing your rig, connect Brandmotion's 9002-7801V2 rear-view camera to your aftermarket video receiver with a composite video input or a monitor with a compatible proprietary input. The camera supplies a wide-angle, 140° view of what's behind you, so there's less worry of banging a fence post or backing into a ditch.
Brandmotion provides plenty of cable to run the length of a trailer and of a vehicle, plus a heavy-duty, coiled, quick-disconnect harness to link the space between. Brandmotion's proprietary cable supplies power to the camera from your vehicle.
- rear-view camera for trailers
- system includes:
- wiring harness
- 60" coiled trailer connector harness
- two proprietary power/video cables for trailer (65 feet) and truck (33 feet)
- works with truck/trailer combos up to 53' long
- works with most aftermarket receivers as monitor
- universal fit with adjustable, rugged mount
- camera sun shield
- infrared night vision
- 140° wide viewing angle
- weatherproof housing
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 9002-7801V2
What's in the box:
- Rear-view IR camera w/integrated mounting bracket / visor and attached 17" cable (terminated in a female 4-pin locking connector)
- 65'/9" Video cable (4-pin male/female locking connectors on both ends)
- 33'/2" Video cable (4-pin male/female locking connectors on both ends)
- 60" Coiled cable (5-pin female locking connectors on both ends)
- One 39" 4-pin to 5-pin cable (4-pin male locking connector on one end / 5-pin male mounting connector w/snap-cover on other end)
- One 39" 4-pin to 5-pin cable (4-pin female locking connector on one end / 5-pin male mounting connector w/snap-cover on other end)
- 17" Cable (4-pin to 2 RCA and DC power connectors)
- 23" DC power cable (DC barrel to bare wire)
- 2 Connector mounting brackets
- 3mm Allen key
- 2.5" Adhesive foam strip
- Registration & owner's manual download information
More details on the Brandmotion 9002-7801V2
Overview: The Brandmotion 9002-7801V2 Trailer Rear Vision Kit offers invaluable assistance for backing up long trailers. Compatible with tractor/trailer combos up to 53' long, the kit includes a trailer mounted day & night vision camera, mounting hardware, and approximately 110' of weather-proof cabling and connectors.
Note: The 9002-7801V2 does not include a monitor. A commercial or aftermarket video screen (sold separately) will be required to view camera images.
Camera: The 9002-7801V2 kit includes a heavy-duty CMOS camera equipped with infrared technology. It's housed in a durable waterproof and shock-resistant aluminum alloy shell that includes a built-in mounting bracket and adjustable sunshade. The camera carries an IP69K weather-proof rating, making it impervious to weather and heavy water spray. During daytime operation, the camera displays a crystal clear color display image, and in low-light conditions, will automatically activate the built-in IR LED for a black and white image. It also features automatic backlight compensation, automatic gain control, and automatic white-balance. The camera offers a wide 140˚ horizontal and 90˚ vertical field of view, and can be swiveled up and down in the mounting bracket with approximately 130˚ of travel.
Parking Lines: The system comes default to display parking lines; two bare-ended white wires, extending from the camera harness, can be connected to disable the parking lines from being displayed.
Wiring: The included set of heavy-duty cables carry video, power, and ground for the camera from the front of the vehicle, and include weather-proof connectors that can be quickly and easily disconnected and reconnected. A 65' Connector Cable, with 4-pin locking connectors on each end, gets run the length of the trailer, attaching to the camera connector on one end and to one of the 4-pin to 5-pin Vehicle Mounted Connectors. One Vehicle Mount Connector gets mounted to the trailer while the other gets mounted to the truck cab. Each 5-pin end includes a snap-cover to keep dust and water out when not in use. A 60" Coiled Cable is used to link the trailer cable to the truck cab cable. Another 33' 4-pin Connector Cable gets run from the truck side Vehicle Mount Connector up into the cab to the dash location. The 4-pin connector is designed to match a large number of commercial vehicle displays. If connecting to an aftermarket screen, a 4-pin to composite video adapter is provided. This, along with a corresponding DC power harness, provides bare-ended +12V power and ground connections for powering the camera system.
Note: Although the 4-pin connector is designed to fit many commercial truck displays, some may require additional interfacing.
- Camera Type: CMOS IR with integrated mounting bracket and visor
- Power Requirement: 9V - 16V DC
- Power Consumption: <3W
- Maximum Current Draw: <250mA
- Waterproof Class: IP69K
- Working Temperature: 14˚F - 140˚F
- Storage Temperature: -4˚F - 158˚F
- Dimensions: Width = 2.82", Height = 1.75", Depth (w/cable) = 3.10"
- Dimensions with Mounting Bracket/Visor: Width = 3.57", Height = 3.06", Depth (w/cable) = 3.60"
1 question already asked