About the Brandmotion FDMC-1310
Add wireless phone charging to your ride
Add wireless phone charging to your ride
Brandmotion's FDMC-1310 FreedomCharge MAX charging kit gives you the ability to charge your phone wirelessly on the go. Brandmotion made this universal kit to enable you to customize and install the charging mat where you want it in your vehicle. Drill a few holes, connect a couple of wires, cut the included mat to size, and you'll be able to charge your Qi-compatible smartphone without searching for that hard-to-find charging cable while you're driving. Its upgraded triple-coil design and thin rubber mat let you quickly charge through even thick phone cases.
How it works
Once you've installed the charger in your vehicle, simply place your Qi-compatible smartphone on the non-skid charging mat, and you're good to go. The inductive charging system's chime indicates that the phone is charging — once the battery is topped off, the charger will trickle power to the phone as needed. Its 15 watts of power juices up your phone super-fast.
You'll have to do a little work
To get the charging system in place, you'll need to select a location for the charging system, such as a center console tray or storage pocket. Then, you'll have to remove some panels, do a little drilling, trim the charging mat and charger platform, and wire the charger into your vehicle's electrical wiring. Brandmotion created explicit instructions for the two mounting applications, as well as a drilling and mat-cutting template to help the system fit in its chosen location. They also offer mat cut-out templates on their site for a variety of vehicles.
You can use Posi-Tap connectors to tie the wires into your system, if you prefer not to cut and solder them. To save you some installation time, Brandmotion also offers a T-harness that works with vehicles that offer a 12-volt accessory or "keyed on" power outlet. The final result is a seamlessly integrated phone-charging system in your car or truck.
Note: This charging system will require permanent modifications to your vehicle's console or storage tray. These modifications aren't visible upon the completion of the installation.
- universal Qi charging kit for cars and trucks
- works with Qi-equipped phones, devices, and Brandmotion Qi-compatible coils and smartphone sleeves
- includes wireless charger, non-skid mat, drill and mat template, and wiring
- 15-watt power output for fast charging; trickle charges phone once battery level is full
- triple-coil adds 3x charging area for easier phone placement
- cut-to-fit design allows placement in vehicle's storage tray
- charges through OtterBox and other thick phone cases
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FDMC-1310
What's in the box:
- Qi Charging module
- Substrate panel
- Rubber mat
- 8' Loomed power/ground wire harness (inline 3A mini-fuse)
- 4" Adhesive foam block
- Three 1.5" adhesive pads
- Installation instructions
- Vehicle-specific template link
More details on the Brandmotion FDMC-1310
Overview: The Brandmotion FDMC-1310 FreedomCharge Max lets you add wireless charging functionality to your vehicle. The kit includes a Qi wireless charging module, a trim-to-fit non-slip mat and substrate panel, power/ground harness, and mounting hardware. Designed to be universal, the kit can be cut to fit most any vehicle armrest or phone storage tray, allowing you to seamlessly integrate wireless charging of your compatible smartphone.
Qi Wireless Charging Module: The included Qi wireless charging module works by using inductive charging technology to allow your Qi compatible smartphone to charge without any cables or connecting a charger.
- Faster Charging: The FreedomCharge Max's triple-coil design adds three times the charging area for phone placement and is Fast-charge compatible. With 15 watts of charging power, the FreedomCharge Max can charge iPhones up to 33% faster and Samsung phones up to 50% faster that standard 5 watt chargers. It will charge your phone's battery to 100% and then taper off to avoid overcharging.
- Phone Case Compatible: The FreedomCharge Max charging kit includes an improved, thinner designed rubber mat and substrate that allows for charging through thick phone cases such as an Otterbox®.
Note: Do not place magnetic cards or magnetic recorded media too close to the wireless charging module as it may damage your card or erase your recorded media. Do not place metal objects near the Qi wireless charging module while its being used to charge your smartphone. Do not place smart keys within 6" of the charging module, as it may prevent vehicle from starting.
Smartphone Compatibility: The Brandmotion FreedomCharge Max charging kit is designed to charge any smartphone with integrated Qi functionality, both Android or iPhone.
Installation: The FDMC-1310 FreedomCharge Max is designed to be mounted to most any armrest or phone tray. The included cutout template can be sized to fit your existing location, or check here for one of Brandmotion's Vehicle Specific Templates, available for select Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, Jeep, and Ram vehicles. Two types of mounting methods are available for the charging module:
- Drop-In Mounting: In this type of mount, the charging module sits inside the vehicle phone tray, using the attached adhesive strips, with the included plastic substrate panel and rubber mat getting mounted on top of the charging module. A foam spacer block with adhesive backing is provided to help hold the charging module in place.
- Under Mounting: With this method of mounting, the charging module is attached to the bottom side of he vehicle phone tray, using its adhesive backing, and the non-slip rubber mat is cut to fit the inside of the tray over top of the charging module. This method retains most of the vehicle phone tray's original depth.
Note: Permanent modifications to your armrest or phone tray are necessary for proper installation of the FDMC-1310 Qi charger.
Power Requirements: The Qi wireless charging module must be connected to your vehicle's 12-volt electrical system and requires +12VDC switched power and ground. A pre-loomed 8' power wire, with in-line 3A fuse, and ground cable are included. The optional FDMC-1900 Wiring T-harness (sold separately) can be used to connect directly into the vehicle's 12V switched power socket or lighter socket without any wire splicing.
- Rubber Mat & Substrate: Width - 7.875", Length - 10.50", Thickness - Mat: 2mm / Substrate: 1mm
- Charging Module: Width - 2.375", Height - 0.375", Length - 6.938"
The Brandmotion FDMC-1310 replaces these items
- replaces wireless charging module in select 2013-up GM vehicles
- compatible with iPhone 8® and iPhone X®
- works with Qi-equipped phones and Brandmotion Qi-compatible coils and smartphone sleeves
4 questions already asked