About the Brandmotion FLTW-7624
For hauling and backing up
For hauling and backing up
Own a 2013-up F-Series pickup with an 8" MyTouch factory radio? Use this Brandmotion harness to retain your factory backup cam while adding a Brandmotion FLTW-7625 or Brandmotion FLTW-7629 cargo cam for fifth-wheel towing. This Brandmotion harness includes a handy switch that you can mount in a convenient spot near your steering wheel to switch between the two rear-views. This harness will also work with two aftermarket cameras.
Installing a camera yourself? Here's what you should know.
What does it do? Unless otherwise noted, a backup camera is only intended for use backing up your vehicle. (If you require a front-view or constant rear-view camera, check for that capability.)
What tools and supplies will I need? A panel tool, a wire cutter/stripper, a soldering iron, and a rosin-core solder with heat shrink tubing are recommended, along with whatever tools are needed to remove the radio from the dash.
How much wiring is required? Wiring instructions vary from camera to camera. Some cameras have power wiring that can only be connected near the radio. Others let you power the camera at compatible reverse lights. In all cases, the camera must be wired for power and ground, the camera's video output must be connected to the radio/monitor, and the radio/monitor must be connected to a reverse trigger in your vehicle. Some radio replacement interfaces supply a reverse trigger wire for the radio -- using that wire to power your camera will damage the interface.
Will the included video cable be long enough? You'll need to route the camera's video cable from its mounting location outside your vehicle into your vehicle's cabin and all the way to the screen in the dash. This often requires drilling a small hole in your vehicle or filing some metal and or plastic. You'll also need to estimate the length of cable needed to run from the camera to the dash, which will not be a straight shot. Each camera's cable length is listed.
- vehicle-specific T-harness for dual-camera integration
- integrates Ford factory backup cam with Brandmotion cargo cam
- for use with with Ford 8" MyTouch factory radio
- includes camera switch
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FLTW-7624
What's in the box:
- T-harness with 54-pin male plug on one end and a 54-pin female plug on other end (T-harness includes an attached 70" cord terminated in a toggle switch and an 11" bare-ended accessory power wire)
- Instruction sheet
More details on the Brandmotion FLTW-7624
Overview: The Brandmotion T-harness is designed to allow drivers of select 2013-2019 Ford F-Series trucks equipped with 8" factory displays with factory Rear Vision, to switch views between dual rear-facing cameras. This could include tailgate backup cameras and aftermarket cargo or trailer cameras. The harness comes configured to use a factory reverse camera along with another aftermarket camera (not included, sold separately), but can also be used with two aftermarket cameras. The t-harness installs behind the factory display unit and includes two video plugs; Video 1 and Video 2. Out of the box, Video 1 is pre-connected to the OEM Cam Out plug, for use with a factory reverse camera, but can be disconnected if using an aftermarket reverse camera. Video 2 is open-ended for the second aftermarket camera connection. When the included toggle switch is in Position 1, it enables the Video 1 input when in reverse. Likewise, when the toggle switch is in Position 2, it enables Video 2 input to display while in reverse.
- 2013-2018 Ford F-150 trucks with 8" factory display and factory Rear Vision.
- 2017-2019 Ford Super Duty with 8" factory display and factory Rear Vision.
- The factory display must currently change to rear camera mode when the vehicle is put into reverse, whether there's a factory reverse camera or not, otherwise the vehicle will need to be flashed by a dealership or an optional backup camera interface must be installed (sold separately).
- Not compatible with factory Ford 360˚ systems.