About the Voxx ACA501D
Active parking lines
Active parking lines
Need a little extra help backing up? Voxx's ACA501D backup camera provides an impressive wide-angle view with active parking lines that predict your trajectory in reverse. For such a tiny addition to your vehicle, this lip-mount camera can make a big difference in how you drive.
Really wide view
Once you power the ACA501D and run the included video cable to the screen up front in your dash, this high-performance camera delivers a panoramic 180-degree view enhanced with selectable parking lines for precision parking. And there's no need to be afraid of backing up in a parking garage or at night — the ACA501D will give you a crisp picture, even in extremely low light. Its waterproof lip-mount body lets you maintain a more factory look.
Or use it for a front view
You can reverse the image on this camera in case you want to mount it on the front of your vehicle and keep an eye on high curbs or other scuff-makers.
- lip-mount rear-view HD CCD camera with dynamic parking lines
- active parking lines
- power and video cable included
- universal fit with two mounting options
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- 180-degree wide angle
- minimum illumination: 0.1 Lux
- reversible image
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACA501D
What's in the box:
- Backup camera w/ 50" composite video cable (attached 38" power and ground wires)
- 19' Video extension cable (male composite video plugs on both ends)
- 17mm Hole saw
- Installation/owner's guide
More details on the Voxx ACA501D
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||<0.1 Lux|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||180 deg.|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||Not given|
Backup Camera: The Voxx ACA501D backup camera features a high-performance 1089 HD CCD image sensor that results in a cleaner, higher-quality image. It also features a 180° wide-angle lens that offers great visibility behind your vehicle. In addition, it has a light sensitivity of 0.1 Lux so only the smallest amount of light is needed to produce an image of useable quality.
- Mirrored or Normal Mode: The Voxx ACA501D can be used as a backup camera with a mirror image or front camera with a normal image. By default the ACA501D is setup as a backup camera. To use it as a front camera, cut the thin white wire loop on the cable that is attached to the camera.
- Park Assist Lines: When configured as a backup camera Voxx ACA501D will display park assist lines on your connected monitor to aid you in backing up into a parking spot. By default, the ACA501D is setup with the park assist lines activated. To deactivate the park assist line, cut the thin blue wire loop on the cable that is attached to the camera.
Note: This rearview camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Composite Video Output: The Voxx ACA501D backup camera is outfitted with a composite video connector (RCA) which makes it compatible with virtually any in-dash receiver with integrated video monitor and a composite video camera input. The included 19' video extension cable contains a red reverse trigger wire that runs the length of it internally with 5" of bare-ended wire protruding from both ends. This allows a connected reverse signal to be passed from the rear of the vehicle to the front or vice-versa.
Waterproof (IP68): The Voxx ACA501D features a waterproof (IP68) housing to protect it from the elements. It's totally protected against dust and protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m for the duration of 30 minutes.
Mounting Options: You will need to drill a 5/8" (17mm) hole in your vehicle's rear or front exterior panel above the license-plate. The rear-view camera mounts in this opening and features an integrated spring-loaded mounting bracket which secures the camera in place. It also comes with an adhesive backing to help hold and seal the camera to the opening as well. The camera should be mounted from underneath the mounting surface, otherwise the image from the camera will not be right side up.
Note: The ACA501D requires approximately 0.875" of mounting depth, including cable.
Power & Ground Wires: The Voxx ACA501D features 38" accessory power (red) and ground wires (black) that will need to be hardwired to the vehicle. Wire the camera's accessory power wire to your vehicle's reverse lamp and attach the ground wire to your vehicle's metal chassis.
Note: Some vehicles with LED style tail lights will require the camera be connected to an accessory power source, as the tail light circuit is not designed to power other devices.
4 questions already asked