About the MTX Amplified ThunderForms
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers — you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. But with custom ThunderForm enclosures, you can fill the nooks and crannies of your car, truck, or SUV with low tones that stand out.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. With "rotational molding," MTX ensures that each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances and deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low.
This molded MTX ThunderForm comes loaded with two premium-quality 10" Terminator subwoofers modified especially for amplified Thunderforms, with a specially-designed amp that puts out 200 watts of power. It installs in your 2002-up Dodge Ram Quad Cab pickup under the rear seat. The enclosure is seamless and airtight, with the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response from the subwoofers. Hardware is included.
- custom-fit powered subwoofer
- enclosure fits under rear seats
- two Terminator 10" subwoofers
- built-in 200-watt RMS amplifier
- high-density polyethylene enclosure
- variable low-pass filter (50-150 Hz at 12 dB per octave)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- frequency response: 29-150 Hz
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRQC20AC-TN
What's in the box:
- Amplified ThunderForm enclosure loaded with two 10" Terminator subwoofers
- Two 20 amp fuses (1 in-line/1 installed in the ThunderForm)
- Wiring harness (20' power lead/3' ground lead and 3' remote turn-on lead)
- Speaker-level to RCA harness
- Electronic Bass Control (wired remote) with attached cable
- Mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
More details on the MTX Amplified ThunderForms
Vehicle-Specific Custom Enclosure: This MTX ThunderForm enclosure is specifically designed to fit select Dodge Ram Quad Cab pickups. Please refer to the Crutchfield Car Selector to confirm fit for your vehicle.
Enclosure: The ThunderForm enclosure is made of molded high-density polyethylene resin, which dampens resonance and is rigid enough to resist flexing. It is an acoustic suspension (sealed) chamber.
Mounting Location: This enclosure is designed to mount under the rear seat. Note: The provided dimensions are taken at the widest points of the enclosure. Keep in mind that this enclosure is custom made to fit in this particular vehicle, so the enclosure will fit properly in only one specific location.
10" Terminator Subwoofers: This enclosure comes loaded with two 10" MTX Terminator subwoofers. The woofers have an unusual impedance, specifically designed for the built-in amp, and cannot be replaced with a standard MTX model.
Class D Amplifier: The enclosure contains a built-in 200-watt Class D (digital) amplifier that allows RCA or speaker-level input. The amplifier is highly efficient and designed specifically for use with the subwoofers in the enclosure.
Electronic Bass Control (EBC): The EBC is a wired remote and allows you to adjust the bass level from anywhere in the vehicle. Installing the EBC is optional.
Low-pass Crossover: The low-pass crossover point is adjustable from 50 to 150 Hz for a seamless transition between the output of this unit and that of the other speakers in the vehicle.
- Gain Control: rotary control; set the gain of the amplifier is match the input
- Crossover Control: rotary control; adjust the crossover from 50 to 150 Hz
Auto Turn-On Feature: When speaker level inputs are used, the system will automatically turn on and off with the radio.
Note: The auto turn-on feature does not operate when preamp level inputs are used, connecting the remote turn-on lead is required.
Tools Required: The manual provides this list of required tools:
- Powered Screwdriver
- #2 Phillips Head Bit
- Wire Cutters
- 15mm Socket
- 13mm Socket
5 questions already asked