About the MTX ThunderForm
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers — you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. The high-density polyethylene resin enclosure curbs unwanted resonances from your sub, so you'll hear bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low.
This molded MTX ThunderForm comes loaded with a premium-quality 10" Terminator subwoofer, and mounts under the rear seat of your 2009-up Ford F-150 SuperCab, with no loss of leg room. The enclosure is seamless and airtight, with the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response from the subwoofer. For the ultimate in thundering bass, drive one with an MTX Thunder amplifier.
- custom-fit subwoofer
- rugged enclosure fits under rear seat
- one 10" 4-ohm Terminator subwoofer
- high-density polyethylene enclosure
- power range: 50-200W RMS
- frequency response: 41-150 Hz
- dimensions: 36-1/3"L x 7-1/4"H x 14-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F150EX09FB10-TN
What's in the box:
- Black ThunderForm enclosure loaded with one 10" Terminator subwoofer
- Mounting brackes
- Mounting hardware
- Installation manual
MTX ThunderForm reviews
All connections on the nylon Molex connector on the supplied power harness should be double checked. The ground wire pulled out of the connector with minimal force. I removed each pin receptacle from the connector and soldered the wires. The supplied fuse block that connects power MUST be checked for continuity with the fuse removed, ie should show no continuity. As I was hooking up the fuse block to the battery the end opposite of the ring connector shorted out on the negative battery post with no fuse present. I cut open the soft potting material and discovered that the stranded conductors on each side of the blade terminal receivers were contacting each other. I feel fortunate that I caught this for obvious reasons. When I removed the unit from the shipping material I noticed something rattling inside. I removed the speaker and found several small pieces of fiberglass. The vehicle specific instructions supplied by Crutchfield are awesome! The the high level inputs via the RCA pig tails make for easy installation, also when using the speaker level input via the RCA jacks the auto on feature works great. The fit is perfect, the black carpet exterior matches nicely with the black carpet interior. I am very pleased with the sound quality and the built in crossover, gain and remote bass control make fine tuning enjoyable.
Pros: Good sound. Perfect custom fit. High level input / remote on via supplied RCA harness.
Cons: The entire supplied hardware/power harness package must be mechanically and electrically tested before installation.
9 of 9 found this helpful
More details on the MTX ThunderForm
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System (ALDS): The Asymmetrical Linear Drive System consists of a flat, progressive spider that improves suspension and an extended vented pole piece that smoothes out the cone's linear motion. The result is high output and low distortion.
- Spider Plateau Venting: Heat from the voice coil is vented through metal-mesh covered vents that surround the back of the spider.
- Voice Coil: The voice coil is wound on a high-temperature former to promote high power handling.
- Strontium Ferrite Magnet: The strontium ferrite magnet yields a highly efficient speaker.
1 question already asked