About the MTX Terminator TN200/2
MTX Terminator amplifers make it easy to create a sweet-looking setup these gloss-black amps share the same size and shape, so they'll look great in a multi-amp installation. These amps deliver plenty of power to drive your speakers and subs, and you'll find all connections on one side of the amp so your wiring stays organized.
The TN200/2 2-channel amplifier powers your speakers with 45 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms, or you can drive a subwoofer with 150 watts RMS in bridged mode. The Active Fan Cooling system uses a variable-speed internal fan that increases its speed as you turn the volume up, then slows when you turn your volume down. This system keeps the amp running cool in every situation, while eliminating the need for a heavy heat sink. The Smart Engage feature turns the amp on automatically when it senses a signal through the speaker-level inputs, so you don't have to run a turn-on lead to your receiver.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 45 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- selectable full, high- and low-pass filters (85 Hz, 18 dB per octave)
- Active Fan Cooling with automatic variable fan speed
- Smart Engage turns on amp when signal arrives through the speaker-level inputs
- CEA-2006 compliant
- preamp inputs
- fuse rating: 20A x 1
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-1/4"W x 2-5/16"H x 10-3/8"D
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TN200/2
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier with one 20A fuse installed in chassis
- Two 10' Speaker level to RCA adapters (each have on RCA connector on one end and bare tinned wire on other end)
- MTX Warranty Statement/Wiring diagram
- Amplifier Performance Certificate
More details on the MTX Terminator TN200/2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
45 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||85 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||85 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise, and at a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz when applicable. Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. The MTX Terminator TN200/2 under CEA-2006 regulations is rated at 45 Watts RMS x 2 channels with a 78dBA signal to noise ratio.
2-Ohm Stable: The MTX 2-channel amplifier is capable of handling load impedances down to 2-ohms. The amplifier is rated at 75 Watts RMS x 2 channels in 2 ohms with 1% THD.
Bridgeable: The MTX Audio 2-channel amplifier can be bridged down to one channel to output 150 Watts x 1-channel at 4 ohm.
Pure N-Channel MOSFET Design: The Terminator amplifier utilizes Pure N-Channel MOSFET technology for more linear speaker control, enhanced signal-to-noise ratio and more power. This design lets the audio signal travel through fewer parts making the output stage of the amplifier more efficient and giving you more usable power from the amp.
Active Fan Cooling: Rather than weighing the amplifier down with heavy aluminum heat sinks, the Terminator amplifier is cooled using a variable speed internal fan. The increasing output of the amplifier engages the fan to automatically increase its speed allowing more cool air to enter the amplifier. This keeps the amplifier performing at its peak level longer and prevent the amplifier from having to into thermal shutdown due to overheating. The fan will automatically slow down when the amplifier's output is decreased.
Crossovers: The Terminator TN200/2 features a selectable high-pass and low-pass 18dB/octave, 85Hz crossover. The crossover can also be set to full-range.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Connections: The TN200/2 features 0.5" wide Power, Ground, and Turn-On Lead screw terminals. These terminals will handle up to 4 AWG wire.
RCA Inputs: The RCA type line-level inputs have gain (Input Sensitivity) control. The Input Sensitivity control will accept an input signal of 200mV to 4.0 Volts.
Smart-Engage Speaker Level Input: The Terminator TN200/2 comes with a set of speaker level input harnesses. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. When using the speaker-level inputs, the amp automatically turns on when it senses signal from the head unit, eliminating the need for a remote turn-on connection. In many cases, this feature will allow you to install the amplifier without removing your radio.
Speaker Outputs: The amplifier is equipped with two pairs of speaker terminals for connection of two pairs of speakers. The speaker terminals are 0.3125" screw terminals which will accommodate 12 to 8 AWG speaker wire.
Fuse: The amplifier is equipped with one 20-Amp fuse.
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.