About the Crux SWRCR-59D Wiring Interface
You'll only be able to retain your steering wheel audio controls with a compatible car stereo made by Alpine, Boss, Clarion, Dual, Fahrenheit, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Power Acoustik, Sony, or Soundstream. No other brands are currently compatible.
Wire in a new radio
Crux's SWRCR-59D interface ensures that you can keep your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls when you replace the factory radio. Connect this interface to the wires on your new stereo's wiring harness, and you've covered the power, ground, and factory speaker connections for your new stereo.
The SWRCR-59D interface offers the parking brake, reverse, and Vehicle Speed Sensor (V.S.S.) outputs required to install a navigation receiver. The interface also retains the factory backup camera (if equipped) and 12-volt accessory power; you'll also be able to keep your AUX audio input and steering wheel audio control phone-button functions in select vehicles.
- connect a new stereo in select 2014-up Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Ram vehicles
- retain your steering wheel audio controls with a compatible car stereo
- provides connections for Vehicle Speed Sensor (V.S.S.), reverse gear, and illumination for installing navigation receivers
- retains factory AUX input and backup camera (if equipped)
- retains 12-volt accessory power
- retains steering wheel phone-button functions in select vehicles
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SWRCR-59D
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface module
- Wiring harness
- 2 SWC harness
- SWC adapter cable
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Crux SWRCR-59D Wiring Interface
Compatibility: The CRUX SWRCR-59D is a radio replacement interface for select 2014-2017 Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, and Ram vehicles. It allows you to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket receiver, while retaining select factory features and functionality. The included wiring harness has two 2-pin vehicle selector connectors labeled "For Fiat & Jeep Renegade" and "For Chrysler (Dodge), Jeep, and Ram" that plug into the 2-pin connector (with Pink and Pink/Black wires) of the same harness. You'll only plug in one of the vehicle selector connectors based on your model vehicle.
|Ram||1500 / 2500 / 3500||2013-2017|
- Not compatible in Dodge vehicles with factory installed Alpine system.
- Will not retain backup sensor on Fiat vehicles, if equipped. Once the factory radio is removed in your Fiat vehicle, the outside temperature will not longer be present on the instrument cluster.
- Will not retain the factory steering wheel control Phone and Voice button on the Ram ProMaster.
- This interface does not retain Uconnect.
Steering Wheel Control Retention: The CRUX SWRCR-59D comes pre-programmed to retain the factory steering wheel controls in your vehicle. Two steering wheel control (SWC) harnesses are included. The SWC harness (Option A) consists of a right-angle 3.5mm connector and blue/yellow wire; you'll only use the connection type your aftermarket radio is equipped with. The SWC harness (Option B) consists of only a right-angle 3.5mm connector. There is also steering wheel control (SWC) adapter for aftermarket radios with a 3-wire steering wheel control input. The SWRCR-59D will work with any of the listed aftermarket radio brands that feature a steering wheel control input using the appropriate harness, connector, and dip-switch settings (see owner's manual for appropriate settings).
- 3.5mm Connector (A): Alpine and Clarion
- 3.5mm Connector (B): Sony, Pioneer, Jensen, Dual
- Blue/Yellow Wire: Kenwood and JVC
- 3-Wire Adapter: Other aftermarket radios (like Boss) with SWC Key 1, SWC Key 2, and SWC Ground wires
Backup Camera The CRUX SWRCR-59D will retain your vehicle's factory backup camera through the rearview camera input on your new aftermarket receiver. The rearview camera input on your aftermarket radio must consist of a composite video jack.
Aux Input: It also retains your vehicle's factory Aux input through the use of your aftermarket receiver's rear-panel audio input. The SWRCR-59D features male stereo RCA jacks to plug into the audio input on back of your aftermarket radio. If your aftermarket stereo is equipped with a stereo minijack input, you'll need a female stereo RCA to male stereo minijack adapter (sold separately).
Navigation Outputs: The CRUX SWRCR-59D radio replacement interface module provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense) and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
+12V/2A Accessory Output: Because these vehicles have no 12-volt accessory wire in the factory harness, the SWRCR-59D is designed to provide 12V/2A accessory power without requiring you to run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when installing your aftermarket radio.
1 question already asked