About the Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon
Great looks and even better sound
Great looks and even better sound
The RPM 1 Carbon's striking looks are just the beginning of this turntable's appeal. Pro-Ject follows through with a healthy dose of top-notch sound quality. Their minimalist design philosophy focuses on the features that benefit sonic performance — no unnecessary bells and whistles here. With its simple, elegant appearance and handsome high-gloss finish, this table will look and sound fantastic perched on your audio rack.
Profile view of the Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon in Black Gloss.
Features that focus on performance
A look under the platter reveals the RPM 1 Carbon's unusual three-point low-resonance MDF chassis. This triangular-shaped design helps resist vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The RPM 1 Carbon's heavy MDF platter spins on an inverted bearing with a ceramic ball for smooth, silent rotation. The motor is driven by an ultra-precise AC generator with a DC power supply for enhanced speed stability. The isolated motor assembly and belt drive system keep motor vibration away from the chassis, preventing noise from being transferred to the cartridge.
The table's S-shaped tonearm is made from carbon fiber, aluminum, and resin for maximum rigidity and internal damping that minimize resonance. An offset, TPE-damped counterweight design lowers the arms center of gravity to improve tracking — a big help with warped records. And the RPM 1 Carbon comes outfitted with an easy-to-use magnetic anti-skating mechanism for faster setup.
- 12" resonance-optimized medium density fiberboard (MDF) platter with felt mat
- precision inverted bearing with ceramic ball for smooth platter rotation, greater speed accuracy, and low wow-and-flutter
- one-piece S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminum, and resin for better rigidity and internal vibration damping
- includes pre-mounted Sumiko Pearl moving magnet cartridge
- tonearm offers easy adjustment of vertical tracking angle and azimuth for optimized playback performance and cartridge-matching
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) plinth with three nylon cone feet
- 15-volt AC motor driven with ultra-precise AC generator and DC power supply
- magnetic anti-skating for easy setup and more precise tracking
- isolated motor assembly optimized for low noise and speed stability
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with manual speed change
- speed drift: ±0.27% at 33 RPM, ±0.19% at 45 RPM
- wow and flutter: ±0.14% at 33 RPM, ±0.13% at 45 RPM
- signal-to-noise ratio: 71 dB
- detachable RCA audio cable included
- tracking force gauge included
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- dust cover not included
- weight: 7.3 lbs.
- 14-15/16"W x 4-7/8"H x 13-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # RPM 1 Carbon-GB
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tonearm & cartridge installed)
- AC power supply (attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/EU/UK)
- Drive belt
- Felt mat
- 47" RCA stereo cable (with ground wire)
- 45 RPM adapter
- 3 Protective discs
- 2 Hex-keys
- Stylus Pressure Gauge
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Instructions For Use booklet
- Warranty Information
Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon reviews
Looks fantastic...Sounds fantastic.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Best turntable I've ever owned. kinda cool looking, creative isolation of the motor reduces vibrational difficulties
Pros: Low distortion, great tracking, reasonable price
Cons: you will hear the pops and downside of LP production
0 of 0 found this helpful
The Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon Turntable is a joy to own, you don't find a product of this quality at this price point. You would have to spend $2,000.00 or higher to get a turntable of this quality. The cartridge that comes with it is good but you could up grade to a better MM or up grade to a entry level MC such as a Dynavector 10 x 5 for better performance and even use better interconnects witch will make it sound or close to audiophile quality.
Pros: Free floating design.
Cons: Don't like the metal feet it come with.
3 of 3 found this helpful
More details on the Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon
Precision Belt-Drive Using Synchronous Motor: The Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon features a precision belt-drive system using a quiet running synchronous motor. It supports both 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds.
Note: Not compatible with Speed Box S or Speed Box DS.
MDF Construction w/ Inverted Bearing Assembly The Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon features three-point MDF (medium density fiber) plinth for exceptional stability. The low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. The platter is made from 300mm MDF and features a felt mat.
S-Shaped Tonearm w/ Sumiko Pearl MM Cartridge: A completely new designed S-shaped tonearm tube is made from carbon fiber, aluminum and resin. Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100bar pressure, arm tube rigidity is strengthened, internal damping is maximized and resonances are reduced to a minimum. Fitted to the tonearm is a Sumiko Pearl MM cartridge for exceptional sound quality reproduction.
Tracking Features: Additional features are a new magnetic antiskating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight for improved tracking.
Stereo RCA Output w/ Grounding Screw: Connection to the phono input of your amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your choice through the turntable's gold-plated stereo RCA phono jacks and grounding screw. The Pro-Ject turntable comes supplied with a 47" stereo RCA cable with ground wire.
Note: If your receiver does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Outboard Power Supply: An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability.
No Dust Cover: This turntable does not come with a dust cover.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked