About the Pro-Ject T1
Good sound at a great price
The Pro-Ject T1 packs quite a few quality features into a turntable that boasts a very reasonable price tag. The base is constructed out of solid materials with a nice finish, and the heavy glass platter is a rarity at this price point. There's also a factory-installed Ortofon OM 5E moving magnet cartridge on the tonearm. All of that adds up to a turntable that looks great, sounds great, and won't break the bank.
- heavy 8mm zero-resonance glass platter with felt mat to protect records from scratches
- 8.6" one-piece aluminum tonearm with low-friction, vibration-free bearing
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon OM 5E moving magnet cartridge
- anti-resonant sub-platter design
- heavy, solid, precision routed chassis with shock absorbing feet
- ultra-precise main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing
- electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor
- fully manual operation
- speed variance: 0.7% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.6% (at 45 RPM)
- wow and flutter: 0.25% (at 33-1/3 RPM), 0.23% (at 45 RPM)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-3/8"W x 3-5/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13-3/16"D
- weight: 8.3 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (1 year warranty for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # T1 Walnut
What's in the box:
- Sub-platter (pre-installed)
- Tone-arm (pre-installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (pre-installed)
- Counter-weight (pre-installed)
- 45RPM adapter
- Dust cover
- Stylus pressure gauge
- Two-point cartridge alignment protractor
- Plastic key
- Instructions for Use
More details on the Pro-Ject T1
Low-Noise Design: For the drive system, where many turntables may use un-regulated DC motors with wide speed fluctuations, the T1 features Pro-Ject's proven system of an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor. The T1 also comes with electronic speed switching between 33 and 45 RPM. The result is a low-noise, stable drive system for the turntable. The precision-speed AC motor drives a belt-system, attached to a newly designed sub-platter, which is mounted into an ultra-precise 0.001mm main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing (just like Pro-Ject's coveted Essential III turntables). Alongside this chosen motor system, the T1 is able to ensure a smooth, anti-resonant rotational platform for the tonearm and cartridge to ride across.
One-Piece Tonearm: The tonearm on the T1 is a new model, based on previous Pro-Ject designs. With its straight, 8.6" effective length and stiff aluminum construction, this one-piece tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. Besides the clean and stylish looks, the integrated headshell won't cause any additional vibrations either, and is a big improvement over many other detachable, screwed-on or glued-on headshells.
Ortofon OM5e MM Cartridge: The Pro-Ject T1 comes supplied with an Ortofon OM5e Moving Magnet cartridge, featuring an elliptical diamond stylus tip for true high-fidelity playback from your vinyl record collection.
Zero-Resonance Construction: The stylish CNC-machined plinth features no plastic parts and is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside, therefore avoiding unwanted vibrations within the chassis. Carrying this philosophy through the design, the included 8mm glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance design (avoiding the flaws of plastic or lightweight steel alternatives). Finally, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the T1 from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system.
Added Protection: The Pro-Ject T1 comes with a hinged, clear plastic dust cover and a felt mat to protect the turntable and your records.
7 questions already asked