About the Thinkware U1000
An exceptional view
An exceptional view
If picture quality is your priority in a dash cam, look no further than Thinkware's U1000 dash cam. 4K video resolution, powerful Sony STARVIS image sensor, and their Super Night Vision technology deliver satisfying detail on the brightest days and the darkest nights. Thinkware also equips this cam with helpful driver assistance features like lane departure, forward collision, and red light cam alerts. It also mounts nicely on your dash or windshield to loop-record a high-definition 150° view of the road.
With Thinkware's app downloaded on your smartphone, you can review your video footage easily and wirelessly, thanks to built-in Wi-Fi. Oh, and Thinkware includes a second camera too for constant rear-view recording or to keep an eye on the backseat or cargo area.
Two views and more
Thinkware equips the U1000 with an adhesive-backed mount and a vehicle power adapter. With the included 2K rear-view camera, Thinkware allows you to record two views for more comprehensive video coverage.
Recording in 4K
The Thinkware U1000 starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. This camera's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. Video is saved onto the included 32GB microSD™ card, but you can use a microSD™ card with up to 128GB of space if you'd like to expand your video storage. Thinkware's built-in GPS antenna stamps your video files with time, location, and speed information.
With the included hardwire kit installed, Thinkware's Parking Surveillance Mode uses battery power to bring the camera to life and start recording when the G-Sensor detects a bump or when the motion sensor is triggered. The camera's time lapse feature reduces video file size by recording at a lower frame rate.
- 4K dash cam and 2K rear-view cam
- 150-degree (diagonal) wide angle lens
- dash camera image sensor: 8.42 megapixel Sony STARVIS
- rear-view camera image sensor: 5.14 Megapixel Sony STARVIS
- Super Night Vision
- built-in driver assistance features including lane departure, forward collision, speed camera, and red light camera warnings
- also includes vehicle power adapter, adhesive-backed mount, and 32GB microSD card
- built-in Wi-Fi
- built-in GPS antenna
- video footage can be viewed via downloadable smartphone app
- app features include geo-fencing, vehicle location, remote live-viewing when camera is connected to the internet
- parking mode with included hardwire kit
- photo capture
- storage capacity: up to 128GB microSD card (not included)
- dash cam resolution: records up to 4K UHD (3840 X 2160) at 30 FPS or 2K QHD (2560 X 1440) at 60 FPS
- rear-view cam resolution: records up to 2K QHD (2560 X 1440) at 30 FPS
- dimensions: 2-1/2"W x 1-7/16"H x 4-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # U1000_NA1_2CH_32GB_CHF
What's in the box:
- U1000 Dash camera
- BCQH-200 Rear camera w/ adhesive mount
- 24.5' Rear camera cable (USB Micro-B on both ends)
- 13' Lighter adapter with DC plug
- 9.5' Hardwire cable with DC plug (inline 2A AGU fuses on both power lines)
- Windshield mount w/ 3M backing
- Extra 3M adhesive pad
- 3 Cable clips w/ 3M backing
- USB Stick
- 32GB Micro SD card
- SD Card adapter
- Lens cleaning cloth
- Quickstart guide&Warranty
- Tutorial QR code
- Customer Service information
More details on the Thinkware U1000
Camera System: The Thinkware U1000 2CH two-camera system features a U1000 dash camera, designed to mount to any windshield and record a wide 150˚ viewing angle of the road ahead, along with a BCFH-200 rear-view camera that can provide a 156˚ viewing angle.
- U1000: The dash cam features a 8.42 Megapixel Sony STARVIS sensor, for full 4K UHD recordings, and a wide dynamic range that can provide the right exposure and contrast in any type of environment. The dash cam is also designed to work in low light conditions with minimal picture noise.
- BCFH-200: The rear-view camera is an interior-mounted camera featuring a 5.14 Megapixel Sony STARVIS sensor that can monitor incidents inside your vehicle or can be used to record a constant rear-facing view of the road. The BCFH-200 connects to the U1000 2CH via the provided USB Micro-B cable, allowing the dash cam to record both views while driving and when parked, for added security.
Note: The BCFH-200 is not designed to work as backup or reverse camera.
Recording Modes: The U1000 2CH supports 4 recording modes for different situational needs:
- Continuous Recording: This mode is automatically activated when the engine is started. Recorded video is saved in a series of one minute clips, with the oldest footage getting overwritten when the included memory card is full.
- Incident Recording: The camera is constantly recording while driving and if the built-in gyro detects an impact, the U1000 2CH will start saving footage from both cameras 10 seconds before the collision is detected and 10 seconds afterwards.
- Motion Detection Recording: The U1000 2CH monitors the supply voltage to determine if the engine is running. If not, the unit can automatically switch to Parking Mode, enabling Motion Detection Recording. In this mode, if the camera detects motion or the G-sensor detects an impact, the camera will save footage 10 seconds prior to and 10 seconds after the impact.
- Energy Saving 2.0: In this mode, the system conserves energy by
only monitoring for an impact. When an impact is detected, a video is
recorded for 20 seconds within 1 second of impact detection. If using the optional
TWA-RAD Radar Module (sold separately) the U1000 2CH can detect a
vehicle sized object in front of the sensor and can "wake" the dashcam to
prepare it to save the event if an impact occurs. If not, the dashcam will
resume Energy Saving Mode 2.0.
- Note: Only vehicle size objects can be detected; people passing by will not be detected.
- Note: In order to enable Parking Mode, the U1000 must be powered from a constant +12V power source using the included hardwire connection cable.
Along with Motion Detection, the camera includes other handy options while in Parking Mode:
- Time Lapse: If the vehicle will be parked for long periods of time, power can be conserved by putting the camera into Time Lapse mode. This records video at a rate of 2 frames per second (fps) for 10 minutes, which then gets compressed into a 2 minute long file for storage. If an impact is detected during this time, video is recorded for 100 seconds at a rate of 2 fps, 50 seconds before and 50 seconds after an impact.
- Energy Saving: In this mode the camera monitors impacts to the vehicle, but only records when an impact is detected. At this point, a video is recorded for 20 seconds from within 1 second after detection.
- Manual Recording: Recording can be done by manually pressing the REC button on the back of the camera. This will record from 10 seconds before to 50 seconds after pressing the button.
Super Night Vision 2.0: Sony STARVIS Super Night Vision 2.0 allows both the dash and rear cameras to record bright, high resolution videos while parked at night.
Storage and Filing: All recorded video is stored on the included 32GB MicroSD card. Additional MicroSD cards can be used, up to 128GB. Each of the different types of recording files are stored in folders named for that type of recording, making it easier to review and archive footage. The 4 different storage files include: Continuous Recordings, Continuous Recording Incidents, Manual Recordings, Motion Detection, and Parking Incidents.
Thinkware Cloud: Control and configuration of the dash camera can be managed on your smartphone using the Thinkware Cloud app, available for download from the Apple App and Google Play stores (Android: 4.4, KitKat or higher/ iOS: 8.0 or higher). The smartphone gets connected to the U1000 2CH via a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to view recorded files and change menu settings. The Thinkware Cloud app lets you check your vehicle's location and status and will send notifications directly to your compatible iOS or Android smartphone.
Note: Thinkware Cloud uses your smartphone's internet connection to send and receive notifications. Carrier charges may apply.
Other Thinkware Cloud features include:
- Vehicle Location: This feature can help drivers, parents, or fleet managers to find a vehicle's location. The U1000 2CH features a built-in GPS antenna allowing it to display the vehicle's location, speed, and direction of travel, using Google Maps display. GPS information is updated every 10 seconds.
- Geofencing: This feature allows you to pre-select a geographic zone, that if the vehicle enters or exits, will send a push notification through the Thinkware Cloud. The desired zone radius can be set from approximately 110 feet (100m) up to approximately 373 miles (600km). Up to 20 geofences can be set.
- Driving Impact: In the event of a crash, this feature can help the driver notify other of an emergency situation when the driver is not in a condition to do so. If the vehicle is impacted with a G-force level greater than 3G or 4G while driving, the dash cam will automatically send a push notification alert to all parties logged into the Thinkware Cloud app on their smartphones. A 20 second video of the incident (10 seconds before and 10 seconds after) is saved on the Thinkware Cloud server and a push notification alert of the video is sent out that can be viewed and downloaded from the app.
PC Viewer: Recorded videos can also be viewed and managed from your home computer by downloading the latest PC viewer software found here. System requirements include:
- PC: Windows 7 or higher (64-bit recommended)
- MAC: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher
- Other: DirectX 9.0 or higher, Explorer v. 7.0 or higher
Advanced Driver Assistance System: The U1000 2CH includes several additional safety features for use while driving:
- Lane Departure Warning System: The dash cam can detect when the vehicle is veering out of its current lane via real-time images.
- Forward Collision Warning System: Can warn the driver of impending road hazards or stopped traffic.
- Safety Camera Alert: Alerts the driver of upcoming speed and red light cameras.
Hardwire Installation: The U1000 2CH includes a DC lighter adapter, as well as a 9.5' power and ground hardwire cable for powering the camera system from the vehicle's fuse box or a 12 volt power source. The BCFH-200 rear-view camera is powered through its Micro-B USB connection to the dash camera.
- Camera Type:
- Front: 8.42 MP Sony STARVIS
- Rear: 5.14 MP Sony STARVIS
- Camera Resolution:
- Front: 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) @30fps or 2K QHD (2560 x 1440) @60fps
- Rear: 2K QHD (2560 x 1440) @30fps
- Viewing Angle:
- Front: 150˚ Diagonal
- Rear: 156˚ Diagonal
- Operating Temperature: 14˚F - 140˚F
- Storage Capacity: MicroSD card up to 128GB (32GB included)
- Input Power: 12/24VDC
- Dimensions (U1000): Width - 2.50", Height - 1.250", Depth - 4.875"
- Dimensions (BCFH-200): Width - 2.250", Height - 1.375", Depth - 1.0"