About the Panamax M8-AV
The Panamax M8-AV provides protection for your audio/video components, including cable or digital satellite TV systems. This power conditioner shields against harmful spikes and fluctuations in your home's AC power, and filters out the RF (radio frequency) and electromagnetic interference that can degrade your system's performance.
Power protection for all your gear
The M8-AV features eight fully protected AC outlets, conveniently spaced to allow for bulky transformers. You get two sets of protected coaxial input/output jacks for cable, antenna, or digital satellite TV connections. The M8-AV also has one set of in/out jacks to protect your telephone connections.
Quick response prevents damage
The M8-AV reacts to a voltage spike in less than a nanosecond, breaking the connection to protect your equipment. The 8-ft. power cord has a right-angle plug that hugs the wall, for an easy fit behind a chair or sofa. You can also mount this conditioner on your wall for out-of-the-way placement.
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry
- 8 AC outlets with EMI/RFI noise filtering
- 2 sets of coaxial RF input/output jacks (for cable, antenna, or satellite TV)
- 1 set of phone line input/output jacks
- 8-ft. power cord with right-angle plug
- 1650-joule surge protection
- UL 1449 Rating: 500V
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- wall-mountable (brackets and hardware included)
- 12"W X 1-3/16"H x 5"D
- weight: 3.5 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime on the M8-AV
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lifetime $5,000,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector); valid only in the United States and Canada
- MFR # M8AV
What's in the box:
- Surge protector with attached 8' power cord (terminated by 3-prong AC plug)
- 41" Coax (RG-59) cable (terminated by screw-on F-type connectors)
- 3 Mounting screws
- 3 Drywall anchors
- 3 Spacer eyelets
- Installation Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
More details on the Panamax M8-AV
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Total Current Capacity||15|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||Yes|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$5,000,000|
Overview: The Panamax M8-AV Surge Protector features 8 AC outlets controlled by the unit's power switch. The M8-AV also provides protection for coaxial and telephone connections. In addition, this surge protector is equipped with 3 diagnostic LEDs.
AVM Automatic Voltage Monitoring: The Panamax M8-AV utilizes an AVM (Automatic Voltage Monitoring) system to protect your connected equipment against prolonged over/under voltages by disconnecting the power and reconnecting it when safe power returns. The Panamax M8-AV will protect your AV system from catastrophic surges.
Lifetime $5,000,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $5,000,000).
8 AC Outlets: The 8 AC outlets provide power protection with transformer spacing between outlets.
Power Cord: The surge protector features an attached 8 ft power cord with a right-angle, 45-degree offset three-prong plug.
Mounting: The Panamax M8-AV Surge Protector can be placed on the floor, on a shelf, or inside a cabinet. The M8-AV can also be wall-mounted using the integrated wall-mount brackets, key-hole slots, and supplied hardware.
- Bank 1: The four AC outlets along the top (numbered 1 to 4).
- Bank 2: The four AC outlets along the side (numbered 5 to 8).
- SAT/CATV: 2 Coaxial line inputs and 2 coaxial line outputs (gold-plated, threaded, female F-Connectors).
- Telephone: One telephone line input and two telephone outputs (RJ-11 connection).
- On/Off Switch: Turns all the outlets On and Off.
- Power On/Protection OK: Green LED, indicates the surge protector is functioning properly and all equipment is protected.
- Ground OK: Green LED, indicates the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded.
- Unsafe Voltage: Red LED, indicates that incoming voltages are unsafe and the surge protector has disconnected the power to your connected equipment.
- AC Specification:
- Overvoltage Shutoff: 144V +/-8V
- Undervoltage Shutoff: 90V +/-6V
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V Peak, 141V RMS,
- Voltage Protection Rating (UL1449 3rd Edition, 3000A): 500V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Response Time: <1ns
- Single Pulse Energy: 1650 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000 A
- Telco Protection:
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: 30 pf (approximate)
- Suppression Mode: Metallic and Longitudinal
- Wire Protected: 2-wire, 1-pair (3,4)
- Connectors: RJ-11
- Universal Cable/Satellite Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 0MHz-2.2GHz
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Connections: Female "F"-type, gold-plated
3 questions already asked