About the Panamax M8-HT-PRO
The Panamax M8-HT-PRO shields your audio/video system from harmful spikes and surges. It evens out fluctuations in your AC power line that can damage your gear, and filters out radio frequency and electromagnetic noise that can degrade your audio/video system's performance.
The power protector's eight outlets are separated into two isolated filter banks to reduce the possibility of interference between components. One bank of four outlets is for equipment with higher current demands, such as a home theater receiver and powered subwoofer. The other bank lets you safely power the rest of your gear. You also get three sets of protected coaxial input/output jacks for your cable TV and antenna feeds, plus a telephone line input/output. Optional add-on modules like the Panamax MOD-SPKP and MOD-DBSTV let you protect even more components, such as outdoor speakers, control lines, and additional satellite receivers.
The M8-HT-PRO reacts in less than a nanosecond when a power spike comes through the line, breaking the connection to protect your equipment. The power conditioner automatically reconnects when it detects a return to safe power levels.
Read our blog post Better home audio, Tip #12: Use a power conditioner.
- total of 8 protected AC power outlets in two isolated banks
- includes 4 high-current outlets
- 3 sets of coaxial input/output jacks
- 1 set of phone line input/output jacks
- 12-volt trigger input for high-current outlets
- LED overvoltage and power status indicators
- 8-foot power cord
- 1875-joule surge protection
- UL 1449 Rating: 330V
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- wall-mountable (mounting hardware and brackets included)
- 12-1/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 5"D
- lifetime $5,000,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector); valid only in the United States and Canada
- lifetime product warranty
- MFR # M8-HT-PRO
What's in the box:
- Power Conditioner with attached 8' power cord
- Two 42" RG-6 coax cables with threaded male F-type connectors on each end
- 48" Telephone cable with an RJ-11 connector on each end
- 48" Cat-5 cable with an RJ-45 connector on each end
- 3 Mounting screws
- 3 Spacer eyelets
- 3 Wall inserts
- Instructions sheet (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty sheet (English/Spanish/French)
More details on the Panamax M8-HT-PRO
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Total Current Capacity||---|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||No|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
Connections, Controls and Indicators
8 Outlets: The Panamax M8-HT-PRO Power Conditioner features four balanced double "L" filtration circuit AC outlets and four high current AC outlets.
Premium Filtration: The Panamax M8-HT-PRO's Power Cleaning and Linear Filtration eliminates common symptoms of contaminated power (including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allow your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability.
Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM): The M8-HT-PRO senses sustained voltages that are high enough to cause damage to your components, and shuts the power down before damage can occur to your equipment.
Cross Contamination Reduction The M8-HT-PRO is designed to provide noise isolation between the two isolated outlet banks so that any noise created by an A/V component in one bank cannot contaminate the power to the equipment that is plugged into the other outlet bank.
12 Volt Trigger: The unit's 12 Volt Trigger port allows source equipment to activate or deactivate outlets 5-8 on the M8-HT-PRO.
Coax Protection: The M8-HT-PRO features three sets of threaded coaxial inputs and outputs to protect equipment from electrical surges that travel over Cable, Satellite, and Antenna lines.
Hi Definition Ready: The Panamax M8-HT-PRO has been designed to work with your High Definition system. the M8-HT-PRO's coaxial protection circuits achieve optimum signal quality that have the less than 0.5dB of attenuation from 5MHz to 2GHz. The upgraded coaxial protection has been specifically designed to virtually eliminate signal loss. The clamping level 75 V will meet the demands of both cable and satellite voltage while minimizing exposure to damaging spikes and surges.
Telephone/LAN Line Protection: The M8-HT-PRO is equipped with a RJ-45 telephone/LAN jack input and output which protects equipment from electrical surges that travel over Telephone and network lines.
Surge Protection: The M8-HT-PRO features exclusive protect and disconnect circuitry to prevent damage to your equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning by completely disconnecting AC power to connected equipment.
Lifetime $5,000,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $5,000,000).
Mounting: The M8-HT-PRO can be placed on a flat surface or mounted to your wall using the unit's integrated keyhole slot and attached wall bracket.
- 1-4 AC Outlets: four balanced double "L" filtration AC outlets
- 5-8 AC Outlets: four high current AC outlets
- SAT/CATV Input/Output (1, 2, 3): 3 sets of gold-plated input/output universal threaded coax terminals
- Telco/LAN Input/Output: RJ-45 input and output jack for connecting either a telephone or LAN line
- DC Trigger: DC trigger for high current outlets
- Power/Reset: On/off power switch and circuit breaker combo
- Power On Protection OK: this LED illuminates green to indicates that the surge protector is functioning properly and that all connected equipment is protected
- Ground OK: this LED illuminates green to indicate that the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded
- Unsafe Voltage: this LED flashes red to indicate that incoming voltages are unsafe and the surge protector has disconnected the power to your connected equipment
- DC Trigger: this LED illuminates green to indicate whether or not a 12VDC signal is being received from another component
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V Peak, 141V RMS
- UL 1449 Suppression Rating: 330V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- Energy Dissipation: 1875 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 65,000 A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 53dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Response Time: <1n
- Compatibility: 10/100bT
- Clamping Level: 7V
- Suppression Modes: Differential and Common Ground
- Wires Protected: Pins 1, 2, 3, 6
- Connectors: RJ-45
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: 30pF
- Suppression Modes: Metallic and Longitudinal
- Wires Protected: 2 wire, 1 pair (4,5)
- Connectors: RJ-45
Universal Coax Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 5MHz-2GHz
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Connections: "F"-type