About the Panamax MB1000
Protect your equipment from sudden outages
The 8 AC outlets include 4 "critical load" outlets that take priority over the other 4 — great for components that benefit the most from battery backup, like projectors.
Protect your equipment from sudden outages
Don't let blackouts, brownouts, or power outages ruin your home theater system. Connect up to eight components to the Panamax MB1000 uninterruptible power supply and protect them from low-voltage conditions. If the power goes out, the MB1000's internal battery keeps your equipment going for three minutes, giving you time to shut everything down in a safe and orderly fashion.
The benefits of battery backup
An uninterruptible power supply protects your components by giving them a dependable stream of power during unexpected outages. This can help you in ways such as protecting your projector's bulb by keeping its cooling fan engaged, or by giving you time to save the video game you're playing so you don't lose your progress.
Plenty of connections for your equipment
The MB1000 gives you eight outlets for protecting your audio/video gear. Four "critical load" outlets take priority over the other four — useful for connecting components that benefit the most from battery backup, such as a projector.
Panamax also included a serial port for connecting a home theater PC. This lets the MB1000 send a command to the PC that closes all programs and safely shuts it down when the power goes out.
It also features a unique learning IR function that you can program to send out shutdown or standby commands to components such as a home theater projector. (Requires infrared flashers, not included.)
Clean power for optimum performance from your A/V components
Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) circuitry keeps outgoing AC power within an optimal voltage range for your home theater components. Panamax's exclusive LiFT (Linear Filtration Technology) filters noise evenly across the entire frequency band, removing the harmonic noise that can keep high-performance equipment from performing at its peak.
- 1000VA/600W uninterruptible power supply maintains power to components during blackouts and brownouts
- 8 battery-powered, surge-protected outlets (4 for critical load components)
- 900 Joule protection
- automatic voltage regulation circuitry for consistent power
- LiFT (Linear Filtration Technology) filters noise evenly across the entire frequency band
- resettable circuit breakers
- front-panel LCD shows status and menu navigation items
- learning IR control for orderly shutdown of components
- dual IR outputs (requires infrared flashers, not included)
- RS-232 and USB (Type B) ports for a connection to and communication with a home theater PC or third-party home automation system
- removable panel for battery access and replacement
- includes hardware for rack mounting
- 17"W x 4"H x 13"D
- weight: 36 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MB 1000
What's in the box:
- Uninterruptible power supply
- 70" DB 9-Pin cable
- 70" USB cable (USB Type-A connector on one end and USB Type-B connector on the other)
- Power Control software CD-ROM ver 2.1
- 2 Rack mounting brackets
- 10 Flat head machine screws
- 4 Pan head machine screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Owner's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Additional technical information
Panamax MB1000 reviews
Awesome automatic voltage regulation which is most important feature of a power conditioner
Pros: AVR,surge protection, LCD
Cons: Kinda big and heavy
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Panamax MB1000
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years (2 Yrs battery)|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years (2 Yrs battery)|
Overview: The Panamax MB1000 is an all-in-one Uninterruptible Power Supply, Automatic Voltage Regulator, Surge Protector, and Power Conditioner which is programmable via supplied software.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply: A UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) maintains power temporarily to ride out short black-outs or brown-outs preventing lengthy restart sequences. It allows safe shut down for extended black-outs. DVR's can continue to record. Unique IR control (Patent Pending) allows projectors to cool their lamps properly to prevent damage from excessive heat before shutting down.
- Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR): Voltage regulation (keeping voltage within specific operating ranges) prevents equipment lock-ups due to power sags and keeps equipment from heating up (power supplies require more current when voltage is low). There are two AVR settings; Sensitive AVR supplies 120 volts AC +/- 5 volts with an input of 98-135 volts, Standard AVR supplies 120 volts AC +/- 10 volts with an input of 93-145 volts, AVR can also be turned off.
- Surge Protector: The MB1000 features exclusive protect and disconnect circuitry to prevent damage to your equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning by completely disconnecting AC power to connected equipment.
- Power Conditioner: Noise filtration is combined with the over/under voltage protection circuitry.
Power Control Software (Version 2.1): The Power Control software is designed for use with Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. It works in conjunction with the UPS to provide full protection of home theater equipment including digital video recorders, home theater PCs, and video projectors/lamps. This program may be used temporarily during the initial system setup or used to manage your home theater computer.
- UPS Initial Setup: An installer can use a notebook computer to set the variables within the Home Cinema Power Control software. Once the setup is completed, the notebook computer can be disconnected and all the settings are stored in the UPS.
- UPS Manager: The UPS can provide continued power to the computer to maintain recording capabilities when it is used as a digital video recorder. It is also capable of saving open documents and shutting down the computer during extended power failures. This requires a permanent RS232 or USB connection and having the Power Control software running in the background.
- UPS Schedule: There is also a Scheduled feature that can automatically save and close open files and then shutdown the computer and UPS at a user specified date and time as well a re-start the computer at a user specified date and time. Use of this feature is optional and is not required for the power failure shutdown to occur.
Note: The UPS will provide surge suppression, automatic voltage regulation, and battery backup without this software. Automatic shutdown of a computer requires the used of this software.
Critical Load Function: The MB1000's Critical Load Function sets the battery capacity level where the non-critical load outlets are turned off and all remaining battery power is reserved for equipment plugged into the four critical load outlets. The non-critical outlets can be set to turn off immediately when power is lost. This value is stored internally by the UPS and is not dependent on having the software running on a computer.
Learning IR Control: The learning IR function lets you program the UPS to send standby or shut-down commands to components such as a projector. If the power fails, the projector's lamp is turned off while the UPS continues providing battery power to the projector's cooling fan. Proper shutdown is ensured and expensive lamps are protected from damage. The UPS can learn two IR commands. The learned commands will be transmitted on both output jacks so you have ability to control two different pieces of equipment or use a two-step macro for one component.
Front Panel Display: The MB1000 features a front-panel LEDs and an LCD display to indicate the following:
- Bank 1: LED illuminates blue when the four Bank 1 (critical) outlets are on
- Bank 2: LED illuminates blue when the four Bank 2 (non-critical) outlets are on
- Line Fault Indicator: LED illuminates red to warn the user that a wiring problem such as a bad/missing ground or reversed wiring exists within the AC receptacle
- LCD Display: shows current status or the menu items or settings
Rear Panel Connections: All of the MB1000's connections are found on the unit's rear-panel:
- Non-Critical Load Outlets: Four AVR, surge protected, and battery backed-up outlets for connected equipment insures temporary uninterrupted operation of connected equipment during a power failure
- Critical Load Outlets: Four AVR, surged protected, and battery backed-up outlets for critical-load equipment insures temporary uninterrupted operation of connected equipment during a power failure
- Circuit Breakers: individual circuit breakers for each outlet bank and the main power input provide optimal overload protection
- RS232 Serial Communication Port: the serial port allows connection and communication between the UPS and a home automation system or computer; this allows the installer to program a number of variables, including the Critical Load Battery Threshold; a 70" DB 9-pin serial cable is included
- IR Output Jacks: two standard 3.5mm mono mini-jack ports for connection to IR flashers (sold separately)
- USB Port: the MB1000 can also be connected to a computer using the USB port
Rack Mountable: The MB1000 comes supplied with two mounting brackets and hardware which allow you to rack mount the unit.
- Capacity: 600 watts
- Voltage Input Range: 85-137 volts AC
- Frequency Input Range: 57-63 Hz
- Output Voltage: 120 volts AC +/- 5 volts; simulated sine wave
- Output Frequency: 60 Hz +/- 1%
- Output Transfer Time: <10ms
AC Protection And Filtration:
- Current Rating: 12 amps
- Surge Protection: 900 Joules
- Over-Voltage Shutoff, fast rise: 150 +/- 5 volts
- Over-Voltage Shutoff, slow rise: 132 +/- 5 volts
- Under-Voltage Shutoff: 90 +/- 5 volts
- EMI Noise Filtration: 66 dB (100kHz-2Mhz)
- Type: Sealed, maintenance-free, lead-acid; consumer replacement not recommended, contact Panamax customer service at 800-472-5555 for battery replacement information
- Recharging Time: 4 hours (6-8 hour charge recommended before initial use)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?