About the Panamax MR4000
Clean, dependable power for your home theater
Clean, dependable power for your home theater
Protect your entire system with a total of eight AC outlets, plus in/out sets of coaxial and LAN connections.
If you took a survey of Crutchfield employees, you'd find a lot who protect their systems with Panamax power conditioners, including me. The Panamax MR4000 will guard your audio/video system from damaging power spikes as well as the minor day-to-day current fluctuations that can compromise your system's performance over time.
Top-quality picture and sound start with clean power
With today's high-definition video and high-resolution audio sources, it's more important than ever to keep noise to a minimum. The seven rear-panel AC outlets employ Panamax's Level 2 noise filtering, which significantly reduces AC line noise.
The MR4000 offers multiple layers of surge protection. Panamax's patented Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) technology continuously monitors the incoming power. In case of an under-voltage or brownout (too little electricity), or an over-voltage (too much electricity), the power to your equipment is automatically switched off. When voltage returns to a safe level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
The other layer of surge protection is Panamax's exclusive Protect or Disconnect™ technology. This ultra-fast circuitry completely protects your equipment from catastrophic surges such as those caused by lightning. When that type of extreme event occurs, the MR4000 automatically disconnects AC power to your equipment.
Additional protection for coaxial and LAN connections
The MR4000 also provides one set of in/out coaxial terminals to shield your satellite, cable TV or over-the-air antenna connections. A pair of protected Ethernet jacks lets you plug in your laptop and surf the web on a protected connection.
- total of 8 surge-protected, noise-filtered AC outlets 7 rear, 1 front:
- seven rear-panel switched outlets
- one front-panel always-on convenience outlet
- Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) technology continuously monitors incoming AC power to protect against over- and under-voltage situations
- Protect or Disconnect technology disconnects AC power to equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge or spike
- Level 2 EMI/RFI noise filtration circuitry reduces AC line noise
- one set of in/out coaxial RF connections for cable/satellite/TV antenna
- one set of in/out RJ-45 LAN connections
- 1350-joule surge protection
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 8-ft. power cord with low-profile plug
- 17"W x 2-1/8"H x 7-5/16"D
- weight: 6.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- $5 million connected-equipment warranty (covers equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector if protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications)
- MFR # MR4000
What's in the box:
- Power conditioner/Surge protector (w/ attached 8' power cord)
- Rack-mount brackets
- 4 Screws
- 4 Washers
- Reference Guide
More details on the Panamax MR4000
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$5,000,000|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
8 Protected & Filtered Power Outlets: The Panamax MR4000 features one front-panel AC outlet and seven rear-panel outlets. All of the AC outlets (front & back) include surge protection and noise filtration.
- Rear-Panel AC Outlets: The MR4000 features seven protected and noise filtered rear-panel AC outlet to protect all your AV gear.
- Front-Panel AC Outlet: The MR4000 features a protected and noise filtered convenience outlet located on the front-panel. Perfect for temporary gaming systems, portable electronics (such as music players or smartphones), or other personal electronics.
Note: All outlets (front & back) can be switched on/off from the unit's front-panel power button.
Protect or Disconnect Technology: The Panamax MR4000 employs exclusive Protect or Disconnect technology for surge protection. This ultra fast protection circuitry completely protects your equipment from surges such as lightning. When overwhelmed with extreme catastrophic events, Panamax permanently disconnects AC power to equipment.
Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM): Panamax's patented Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) technology continuously monitors the incoming power. In case of an under-voltage or brownout (too little electricity) or an over-voltage (too much electricity) a flashing red lightning bolt will be displayed and power to the equipment is automatically turned off. When voltage returns to a safe level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
Level 2 Noise Filtration: All outlets of the Panamax MR4000 employ Level 2 Noise Filtration; a proprietary technology for removing various types of performance robbing electrical noise from your connected AV equipment.
Signal Wire Protection: Protecting a complete home theater system requires that signal wires coming out of the wall be protected as well. Universal ultra low-loss coaxial protection, as well as LAN/Ethernet protection prevents signal lines from carrying damaging surges while maintaining full high-definition and high-speed Internet signals to your equipment for your connected life.
- LAN Surge Protection: There is one RJ-45 input and one RJ-45 output for 10/100 baseT Ethernet lines. LAN protection allows for 10/100 base-T Ethernet equipment to integrate into an audio/video system without the risk of upstream surge damage from a gateway, switch, router or other network device.
- Cable & Satellite Surge Protection: There is one gold-plated coaxial input and one gold-plated, threaded, female coaxial output for connecting your satellite, cable or antenna TV signal lines. Coaxial protection circuits prevent damaging surges from entering through signal paths and have the smallest signal loss on the market; less than 0.5 db of attenuation from 0Hz to 2.2GHz. Panamax coaxial protection has been specifically designed to virtually eliminate signal loss. The clamping level of 75V will meet and exceed the demands of both cable and satellite voltages while minimizing exposure to damaging spikes and surges.
Front-Panel Lights: Blue decorative lights add an attractive look and feel to your equipment rack or entertainment cabinet.
8' Power Cord w/ Low-Profile Plug: The Panamax MR4000 is fitted with an attached 8' power cord w/ a low-profile IEC 3-prong plug. This 45° angle low profile plug allows your equipment to be as close as it can get to the wall outlet while not blocking an adjacent outlets. The 8' power cord means your installation location isn't restricted by wall outlet location.
Circuit Breaker: A circuit breaker is located on the back panel of the MR4000. The circuit breaker will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating (15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps before the circuit breaker will trip.
Rack-Mount Brackets: The MR4000 comes with rack-mount brackets to mount it in a 1U rack space.
$5,000,000 Lifetime Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 of equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications. For coverage conditions and information on how to make a claim, please see the warranty sheet.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked