About the Panamax PM8-AV
The Panamax PM8-AV shields your home theater system against harmful spikes and power fluctuations. It also filters out the RF (radio frequency) and electromagnetic interference that can degrade your system's performance.
The power protector comes with eight AC outlets, conveniently spaced to allow for bulky transformers. Two sets of coaxial input/output jacks protect your cable, antenna, or digital satellite TV connections. There's also a protected telephone line input/output.
The PM8-AV reacts in less than a nanosecond during a spike, breaking the connection to protect your equipment. The 6-ft. power cord has a right-angle plug that hugs the wall, for an easy fit behind your audio/video cabinet.
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry
- total of 8 protected AC power outlets with EMI/RFI noise filtering
- 2 sets of coaxial RF input/output jacks (for cable, antenna, or satellite TV)
- 1 set of phone line input/output jacks
- 6-ft. power cord with right-angle plug
- 1125-joule surge protection
- UL 1449 Rating: 500V
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- includes 41" RG-59 coaxial cable
- 12"-1/8"W x 1-13/16"H x 4-15/16"D
- lifetime $100,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector); valid only in the United States and Canada
- warranty: lifetime on the PM8-AV
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PM8-AV
What's in the box:
- Surge protector with attached 6' power cord
- 41" Coax (RG-59) cable
- 3 Mounting screws
- 3 Drywall anchors
- 3 Spacer eyelets
- Installation Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
More details on the Panamax PM8-AV
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$100,000|
Overview: The Panamax PM8-AV Surge Protector features 8 AC outlets controlled by the unit's power switch. The PM8-AV also provides protection for coaxial and telephone connections. In addition, this surge protector is equipped with 2 diagnostic LEDs.
Surge Protection: The Panamax PM8-AV eliminates voltage irregularities and protects your AV system from catastrophic surges.
Lifetime $100,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $100,000).
8 AC Outlets: The 8 AC outlets provide power protection with transformer spacing between outlets.
Power Cord: The surge protector features an attached 6 ft power cord with a right-angle, 45-degree offset three-prong plug.
Mounting: The Panamax PM8-AV Surge Protector can be placed on the floor, on a shelf, or inside a cabinet. The PM-8AV can also be wall-mounted using the integrated wall-mount brackets and key-hole slots.
- Bank 1: The four AC outlets along the top (numbered 1 to 4).
- Bank 2: The four AC outlets along the side (numbered 5 to 8).
- SAT/CATV: 2 Coaxial line inputs and 2 coaxial line outputs (gold-plated, threaded, female F-Connectors).
- Telephone: One telephone line input and telephone output (RJ-11 connection).
- On/Off Switch: Turns all the outlets On and Off.
- Power On/Protection OK: Green LED, indicates the surge protector is functioning properly and all equipment is protected.
- Ground OK: Green LED, indicates the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded.
- AC Specification:
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V Peak, 141V RMS,
- Voltage Protection Rating (UL1449 3rd Edition, 3000A): 500V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 45dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Response Time: <1ns
- Single Pulse Energy: 1125 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000 A
- Telco Protection:
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: 30 pf (approximate)
- Suppression Mode: Metallic and Longitudinal
- Wire Protected: 2-wire, 1-pair (3,4)
- Connectors: RJ-11
- Universal Cable/Satellite Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 0MHz-2.2GHz
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Connections: Female "F"-type, gold-plated
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked