About the Hertz DSK 170.3
Freshen up your sound
Freshen up your sound
Looking to add a little oomph to your system? Swap out your old speakers for Hertz's Dieci Series 6-3/4" component speaker system and take your sound to a new level. An external crossover channels the lower frequencies to a specialized V-cone woofer enhanced for off-axis listening, and directs high frequencies to a separate PEI dome tweeter. Improved linearity and reliable performance give you impressive dynamic range for new enjoyment of old favorites.
Hertz designed these 6-3/4" woofers with 27 screw holes to make it an easier fit in more vehicles.
The Hertz philosophy
Hertz believes that a good speaker should bring out the emotional power of the music you love. That's a high bar, but with their commitment to using premium components and boundary-pushing design, they're more than up to challenge. Comprised of music lovers, Hertz is committed to optimizing your car's sound system for total audio enjoyment.
Grilles are not included; the factory grilles should be suitable for most applications.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- 6-3/4" treated paper woofer with polyurethane surround
- separate PEI dome tweeter with external crossover
- handles up to 80 watts RMS (160 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 50-23,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- woofer mounting depth: 1-13/16"
- impedance: 4 ohms
- grilles not included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DSK 170.3
What's in the box:
- Two DV 170.3 Woofers
- Two DT 24.3 Tweeters (with attached 6" length of speaker wire)
- Two DX 300 Crossover networks
- 2 Tweeter flush mount trim rings
- 2 Tweeter flush mount clamps
- 2 Angled surface mount housings
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- Eight 3/4" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Rectangular adhesive foam pads
- 2 Round adhesive foam pads
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ Italian/ Portuguese/ 20 Others)
- Template on box
More details on the Hertz DSK 170.3
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||24mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Pressed Paper (Water-Repellent|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||93|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||50 - 23k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||80|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||160|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/2|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.22|
Tweeter Mounting: Brackets are included for flush mounting and angled surface mounting (60° or 30°) the tweeters.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Flush Mount||60° Angled Surface Mount||30° Angled Surface Mount|
Crossovers: The crossovers have input and output wires attached (19" input, 19" tweeter output, 12" woofer output). The woofer has quick slide terminals, but the wire has no terminals attached, so crimp-on terminals can be added (item number 120FQS10PK, sold separately) to provide the needed terminals. The crossover point is 3.5 kHz and the high pass slope is 12 dB/octave. The woofer output is not crossed over.
- Width: 2.97" (3.15" including the wire)
- Height: 0.86"
- Depth: 1.78"