About the Radenso XP
Drive like you mean it
Drive like you mean it
Radenso's XP radar/laser detector with GPS keeps you abreast of incoming threats with speed, accuracy, and loads of useful information, without the false alarms that can diminish your driving experience. It also includes a preloaded camera database so it can warn you of upcoming enforcement areas. And if you like to keep things stealthy, Radenso's got you covered as well. Best of all, its value-oriented price lets you enjoy a wealth of features at a price that's very competitive with comparable detectors.
Lock out false alerts
If you drive past a strip mall with any regularity, you're probably aware of how automatic door openers can trigger false alerts on radar detectors. The same's true for roadside traffic and speed monitoring devices. The XP's "GPS Lockout" allows you to mute radar and laser alerts from non-police sources such as automatic doors in a specific GPS location, so you won't be bothered by false alerts during your daily commute. The detector is also equipped with a "Low Speed Mute" feature which allows the user to silence K- and X-band alerts when traveling below a preset speed.
Mark enforcement areas
By a similar token, you can mark and unmark any location or point of interest with the push of a button. The detector will record spots such as speed traps and school zones, so you'll get an alert every time you're approaching them and adjust accordingly. You can adjust the distance from the marked spot at which you get the warning. If you notice a change in enforcement habits or end up taking different routes, you can delete all marked locations and start over.
Virtually invisible to detection
Radenso's shielding technology keeps you from being detected by all current radar detector-detection protocols, including VG-2 (completely undetectable) and Spectre IV/Elite (undetectable at a distance of 14 feet or further). This added edge lets you cruise without concern.
See and hear about incoming threats
The XP offers both audible and visible warnings when a threat is detected, including voice alerts and displays that warn you about the specific radar band targeting your car. You'll even get visual warnings about multiple detected threats at the same time on the detector's OLED screen. Six selectable display modes let you keep track of your speed, time, compass heading, and voltage. The voice alerts include over 260 different messages so there'll be no confusion.
Filtered results for fewer falses
The XP's K-band filter weeds out signals from non-police K-band radar sources, including vehicle safety systems that are radar-based such as collision avoidance and blind spot monitoring systems. The traffic sensor filter ignores K-band signals from roadside traffic flow sensors. The detector gives you a three-option filter control to adjust the unit's sensitivity to city or highway conditions.
This detector offers multiple settings to adjust, including many in expert mode. The mute function includes multiple options including automatic volume reduction. And you can choose from five different brightness levels (bright, dim, dimmer, smart dark, and dark) to suit your preference. Take the detector's Test Mode for a spin to enjoy full sensitivity with no filtering and no signal lag.
Included camera locations
The XP comes with a preloaded database of red-light and radar camera locations across North America, allowing the detector to warn you when you get near. You can download free updates, back up your data, and maintain the database through Radenso's website. You'll need a Windows®-based computer to update the XPs database.
Comes with what you need
Radenso includes a travel case, a windshield mount, a coiled power cord with a built-in Mute button and USB power port for charging your portable devices, an extra fuse, and a USB cable for connection with your computer for updates.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector featuring GPS protection and preloaded database of red-light and radar cameras
- suction-cup windshield mount, padded travel case, coiled power cord with Mute button and USB port, extra fuse, and USB cable
- mini-USB input
- amber OLED screen with multiple display modes (including simultaneous multiple threats)
- detects 3 radar bands (X, K, Ka) and POP
- laser protection
- LNA-equipped antenna board for long range detection
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar and laser
- filter eliminates false alerts from collision avoidance and blind spot monitoring systems
- sensitivity modes: Highway, City, and AutoCity (speed-based)
- Stealth immunity: VG-2 (completely undetectable) and Spectre IV/Elite (undetectable at a distance of 14 feet or further)
- 28 programmable features
- Mute and Auto Mute
- camera database updates requires USB connection and computer running Windows XP or Vista
- camera database updates available via Radenso website
- GPS-based location marking and "GPS Lockout" allow you to mark specific threats and to filter specific locations
- AutoCity Mode with selectable speed increments and filter levels for each band
- over-speed alert
- dimensions: 2-7/8"W x 1-3/8"H x 4-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Radenso XP
What's in the box:
- Radar detector
- 43" Coiled power cord with mute and USB Type A port (RJ-14 plug)
- 3A AGC glass fuse
- 39" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Mini-B USB 2.0 on other end)
- Hard zippered storage case
- Windshield mount
- 2 Suction cups
- Self-adhesive hook-n-loop pad
- Thank You card
More details on the Radenso XP
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|VG-2 Protection||VG-2, Spectre|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Radenso XP radar/laser detector features best-in-class sensitivity, with long-range radar alerts and smart filtering to prevent false alerts. The XP has built-in GPS that lets you lock out known sources of false alerts along frequently-traveled roads. It also has a built-in and updateable red light and speed camera database. The XP comes with a coiled cord, windshield suction cup mount, hook-and-loop dash mount, and a hard shell storage case.
Note: Radar detectors are legal in all U.S. states except for Virginia, the District of Columbia, and military bases.
Radar Bands: The Radenso XP detects the following radar bands:
- X Band: 10.475 - 10.575 GHz
- K Band (wide): 23.95 - 24.25 GHz
- K Band (narrow): 24.08 - 24.2 GHz
- Ka Band (wide): 33.4 - 36 GHz (including Ka band POP on/off)
Laser Detection: The XP also detects and alerts you of the use of laser by law enforcement. Laser alerts are not muted when using the AutoCity Mode, or when the detector has been muted manually.
Alerts: The radar detector offers both tone and voice alerts, indicating the detected radar band, frequency (in 3 digits), and signal strength. The display will blink for 3 seconds, and the beeping warning tone will increase in intensity with the increasing signal strength. The signal strength range is expressed over 9 levels. There are over 260 different voice alert messages.
False Alert Filtering: There are numerous sources of radar that cause false alerts, both stationary and moving. Stationary false alerts can be caused by commonly used items such as garage door openers, automatic door openers, traffic speed sensors, and construction road signs. Moving false alerts can be caused by recent vehicle safety features, including adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring systems, and emergency collision avoidance system. The Radenso XP has multiple filters to make it one of the quietest detectors in the market, including:
- GPS Lockouts: With built-in GPS, you can press a button when you receive a known false alert, marking the current GPS coordinates and exact frequency of the false alert. Next time you drive by this location, the false alert is muted. In addition, you can manually mark your own Points of Interest (POI) in areas where you are likely to receive an alert.
- Auto-City Mode: Typical radar detectors have separate city and highway driving modes that have to be manually selected. With built-in GPS, the detector knows how fast you are traveling, and have made switching to city or highway mode automatic. Auto-City Mode intelligently controls the detector's sensitivity and false alert filtering based on your speed. You can choose two speeds at which the detector switches between city and highway: 30mph or 60mph. At low speeds, the detector automatically mutes X and K band signals, which are most likely to be false alerts. It still allows KA band and laser alerts, since those will most likely be from police. Between 30mph and 60mph, the detector automatically varies the sensitivity and filtering to provide the right amount of performance and false alert rejection. When driving over 60 mph, the detector switches to the optimum mode for highway driving.
- Signal Analysis: Because not all radar signals are created equal, it has become essential for radar detectors to analyze detected radar signals and determine which are false alerts and which are not. Because of polarity and modulation, even radar signals on the same frequency are not necessarily the same. Radenso is constantly working on signal analysis, and provides continuous software updates to help keep you up-to-date with new false alert-causing vehicles. You can update your detector online through its USB connection.
Power Requirements: The Radenso XP is powered by the supplied DC power supply, with a "cigarette lighter" plug and coiled cable. The power adapter has a handy mute button and a Type A USB port for simultaneously charging your smartphone or other USB-powered device. An optional Direct Wire Kit is available from the manufacturer to hard wire the detector to your vehicle's power wiring, to free up your power adapter and keep your windshield free from clutter.
Mounting: The detector comes with a dual suction cup windshield mount as well as an adhesive hook-and-loop pad for dash mounting. The detector should be mounted level and aimed out the front of the vehicle, without obstructions. A release button on the top front allows you to unlock the mount for removal. An optional visor mount is available from the manufacturer.
User Interface: The four top-mounted buttons for changing settings:
- Power/Menu: Power on/off (short press), Enter/exit Menu mode (long press)
- Volume -/City: Select driving mode - Highway, City, AutoCity (short press), Decrease volume (0-9)(long press)
- Mute: Mute On/off (short press), Add/delete a GPS lockout location (long press)
- Volume +/Mark: Add/delete a POI; press during an alert to mute it (short press), Increase volume (0-9)(long press)
Note: In Menu Mode, all four buttons are used to toggle, move forward/backward through the menus, and activate menu items.
Red Light/Speed Camera Database: The XP features a built-in database of red light and speed cameras throughout North America. Precise GPS coordinates of all known Red-Light Cameras (RLC) and Speed Cameras are stored in the unit's memory. As you approach one of the camera locations, you will receive an alert. Free updates to the camera database are available online via USB.
Radar Detector Detectors: The Radenso XP is undetectable by VG2, as well as Spectre IV/Elite, at greater than 14 feet. This keeps your detector hidden from radar detector detectors.
Display: The XP has a 2" Amber OLED display (measured diagonally) with five brightness settings. Full displays are available in Bright, Dim, and Dimmer. Dark displays are available in Dark (display is dark until you receive an alert) or Smart Dark (a small dot blinks until alert). Smart Dark can be set to bright, dim, or dimmer.
User Settings: You can choose between beginner and expert settings, depending upon your level of expertise and experience with radar detectors:
- Beginner Settings:
- Brightness: bright, dim, dimmer, dark, smart dark
- Smart Dark: bright, dim, dimmer
- User Mode: beginner, expert
- X Band: Off, on
- K Band: Off, on
- Ka Wide Band: Off, on
- Laser: Off, on
- TSR Filter: Off, on
- Display Mode: speed/compass, speed/time, speed/voltage, voltage, time, speed
- Unit mode: English, metric
- GMT Setting: -12hr to -05hr to +12hr
- Low Speed Mute: off, 5-55mph, 10-90km/h
- Delete All POI
- Delete All GPS Lockouts
- Factory Reset
- Expert Settings: Additional settings available in Expert Mode:
- Ka1-Ka10: Off, on
- BSM Filter: Off, on
- Auto Mute: 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%
- City Mode Filter: 0-90% for each band
- City Mode Speed: 10-60mph, 10-100 km/h
- Low Speed Mute: off, 10-60mph, 10-90 km/h
- Display Mode: Standard, frequency, threat
- Red Light Camera: Off, on
- Speed Camera: Off, on
- Voice: Off, on
- User Point: Off, on
- GPS Warning Distance: normal, farther, farthest, short
- GPS Connected Announcement: Off, on
Ticket Free Guarantee: Radenso offers a 1-year limited ticket reimbursement guarantee for all their radar detectors purchased from authorized dealers, including Crutchfield. The guarantee is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?