About the Alpine CDE-152
Take your show on the road
Take your show on the road
Alpine's CDE-152 CD receiver offers classic looks and classic Alpine sound. And thanks to Alpine's Bass Engine SQ, you can dial in a variety of EQ, sub level, and crossover settings with the push of a button — a great way to get your groove on when you're heading down the road. When you've got time to do some fine-tuning, you'll appreciate the options offered by the 3-band parametric equalizer and its 11 preset tone curves. This receiver also works with Alpine's Power Pack, a 45W x 4 power amp that plugs right into your Alpine receiver's wire harness.
Your music at your command
No matter how you like to store your music, Alpine's got the big options covered. You can take charge of your iPod® or iPhone® when it's hooked up via USB, including searching for your music on the receiver's display. You can also plug a thumb drive into the handy front-panel USB input, and you'll find an auxiliary input for other sources, too. And, of course, you can slip in a store-bought or recordable CD in the front panel slot.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- App Direct mode
- optional remote control
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 11 presets
- Bass Engine SQ button with choice of five bass profiles
- low-pass filters with subwoofer level and phase control
- compatible with Alpine's Power Pack
- inputs: front USB and auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Face (attached)
- Wiring harness
- 4 Flat-head ISO-DIN screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration
- Computer Requirements booklet
More details on the Alpine CDE-152
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Alpine CDE-152 features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-out cover. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) devices, such as select portable digital audio players or USB thumbdrives. The USB port supports audio playback and control of MP3/WMA audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The head unit's USB port is not compatible with Android smartphones.
MP3/WMA Playback: The Alpine CDE-152 supports the following types of MP3/WMA files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB MSC|
|File System||ISO 9660 Level 1/2, Joliet, Romeo||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 8, 11.025, 12, 16,
22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling frequency of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 folders/509 files||100 folders/100 files per folder|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
Text/File/Folder Search: When you are playing a disc or USB device with ID3 or WMA tags, you can easily search for a track, file, or folder by its title. Once you have activated the search mode, you can use the rotary encoder to quickly scan through the titles to locate the desired track. For discs and USB devices without ID3 or WMA tags, searches are made using the track numbers associated with each song.
Playback Modes: The Alpine CDE-152 offers Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Repeat Play (repeats playback of current track/file), Folder Repeat (repeats only files in current folder).
- Random: Random Play (all tracks/files on disc are played in random order), Folder Random (only files in current folder are played back in random order).
Off Insert/Eject + Auto Reload: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. When a CD is ejected and left sticking out of the CD slot for 20 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the CD to protect if from damage.
Angle Mounting: For proper CD playback, Alpine recommends mounting the CDE-152 no more that 35° above horizontal.
iPod Direct Connection: The Alpine CDE-152's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The CDE-152 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Apline's KCU-445i dock connector-to-USB cable (500KCU445I, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the CDE-152.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use Alpine's KCU-471i cable (500KCU471I, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the CDE-152.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Music Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The Alpine head unit supports audio playback of stored music and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. You can operate your connected iPod/iPhone via the head unit's front-panel controls or from your Apple device's clickwheel/touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Alpine CDE-152 lets you navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, Composer, Audiobook, or Genius Mix. Content from each category is listed alphabetically. For especially big music libraries, the Percentage Search function uses the preset buttons for quick jumps to specific parts of the list (Preset 1: 0-16%, Preset 2: 17-32%, Preset 3: 33-49%, Preset 4: 50%-66%, Preset 5: 67-82%, Preset 6: 83-100% of the song library). The head unit also offers three Shuffle playback modes (Album/Song/All) and one Repeat mode (song). Newer iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to use your Apple device's touchscreen to access music apps; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- App Direct: In App Direct Mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone device through its clickwheel or touchscreen; as well as music apps on an iPhone (iOS 3.0+). Basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track are still available from the head unit. Not all apps will be compatible with this mode.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Song/Artist Information: The Alpine CD receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information in Head Unit or App Direct Mode. The CDE-152 will display Track Number, Elapsed Time, Artist Name, Song/Album Title, and Station Identification for stored music and music apps.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Alpine CDE-152 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 8/29/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The unit is equipped with front-panel minijack (3.5mm) auxiliary input. You can input audio from an auxiliary source unit: such as a portable MP3 player. You can change the name on the display to match the type of device connected to the front panel input; Auxiliary, TV, DVD, Portable, or Game.
CEA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CEA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CEA-2006 logo on their product.
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Note: Add the KTP-445 (500KTP445A, sold separately) Head Unit Power Pack to deliver 45 watts x 4-channel RMS of power. The KTP-445 is compact enough to install behind the Alpine CD receiver. It plugs in-line with the head unit's wiring harness, so you don't even need additional wires.
6ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The CDE-152 has three sets of 2-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front & rear preamp output can be faded, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. When an external amplifier is connected sound quality can be improved by stopping the power supply of the built-in amplifier.
Subwoofer Control: When the non-fading subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the subwoofer's volume, low-pass filter, & phase.
- Volume System: There are two volume (system) modes for the unit's subwoofer output. System 1 (subwoofer level changes according to the main volume setting) or System 2 ( subwoofer level change is different from the main volume setting (0-15); even at low volume settings, the subwoofer is still audible.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 60, 80, 120, 160 Hz, or Off (through).
- Subwoofer Phase: The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
Equalizer: You can select from 11 different EQ presets to get the best sound from all your sources. You can choose from Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electric Dance, Hip-Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical, or User. The User Preset activates the head unit's 3-Band Parametric Equalizer for a better sound response curve. Bass, Mid, & Treble can be adjusted in the 3-Band Parametric mode.
|Bass||60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz||Wide 0.5, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.5, or Narrow. 2.0||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
|Midrange||500Hz, 1.0kHz, 1.5kHz, or 2.5kHz||Wide 0.75, Medium 1.0, Medium 1.25, or Narrow 1.5||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
|Treble||7.5kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz, or 15kHz||Wide 0.75 or Narrow 1.25||-7 to +7 (+/-14dB in 2dB steps)|
Note: The units stores independent EQ settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, Aux, USB, and iPod).
Audio Enhancements: The CDE-152 offers the following audio adjustments to enhance your in-car listening experience.
- Bass Engine SQ: Bass Engine SQ tuning is a new feature that changes bass sound characteristics by automatically adjusting different combinations of EQ, Sub Level, and Crossover settings through the choice of seven level adjustments (0-6).
- Loudness: Loudness introduces a special low frequency emphasis (100Hz/10dB) at low listening levels to compensate for the ear's decreased sensitivity to bass sound at low volume.
- Source Volume Level: The output level of each source (Tuner, Disc, USB, iPod, Aux) is individually adjustable from -14 to + 14 dB.
Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. The volume of this feature can be set from 0-7.
AM/FM Tuner: The Alpine CDE-152 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. Distance seek tuning allows both strong and weak stations to be tuned.
Detachable Face: The unit's front-panel is detachable to deter theft (no face case included). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Single-Line Display: This unit is equipped with a 1-Line white-backlit LCD, so you can easily view AM/FM stations and ID-3/WMA tag information.
Text Display: The CD receiver will display the folder name, the file name, and the tag information, while playing a USB device loaded with MP3/WMA music files. This unit can scroll the text information of MP3/WMA files, folder names, and tags. There are two Text Scroll settings.
- Auto: The information of folder and file names, and the tags are scrolled automatically.
- Manual: The display is scrolled when a when a track is changed.
Note: This unit has a demonstration feature for its display which can be turned On or Off in the menu.
Auto Dimmer: This unit is equipped with an illumination lead (orange); when the unit's dimmer mode is set to Auto and the illumination lead is connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit, the display and button illumination will dim to a fixed, preset level whenever the headlights are turned on. If preferred, you may choose the Manual dimmer mode setting, so the display and button illumination is dim at all times.
Optional Wireless Remote: The Alpine CDE-152 is wireless remote control ready. Simply add on the Alpine RUE-4202 IR remote (500RUE4202, sold separately) to make it even easier to control the head unit's functions.
7 questions already asked