About the Alpine DVR-C310R
Alpine's two-camera system
Alpine's two-camera system
Alpine's DVR-C310R keeps you covered when it comes to video security in the car. The dash cam loop-records what's in front of you in 1080p, while the built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Thanks to built-in GPS, the cam geo-tags your HD video files with essential metadata for a more accurate representation of recorded events. With a wireless connection to your smartphone via Wi-Fi, you can easily access and sharing your video files. The camera also comes with a 32GB microSD card for storage.
This system's included second camera can be mounted inside your vehicle to keep an eye on passengers, cargo, or even the road behind you. Check out the views from your dash cam and rear-view cam on your Wi-Fi-connected smartphone, using Alpine's free app.
- Wide Dynamic Range HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder, plus second interior camera
- also includes 32GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, mounting bracket
- 140° wide-angle view
- also includes 32GB microSD card and vehicle power cable
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices
- dash cam records video files up to 1080p
- second camera for interior of your vehicle
- built-in G-sensor
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DVR-C310R
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- Rear Camera
- GPS receiver
- 32GB microSD card (pre-installed)
- microSD-to-SD card adapter
- Mounting bracket
- 16' Wiring harness
- 12-Volt power adapter (attached 10' cable)
- 8' microUSB-to-2.5mm cable
- 19.5' Extension cable (female 2.5mm jack on one and and a male 2.5mm connector on other end)
- 9" Extension cable (female 2.5mm jack on one and and a right-angle male 2.5mm connector on other end)
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Quick Reference Guide
- "Alpine Mobile View App" note
- Warranty Information
- Online Registration Information
More details on the Alpine DVR-C310R
Dual Camera DVR System: The Alpine DVR-C310R is dual camera system that includes a dash-cam with built-in DVR, a GPS receiver, and a rear interior camera so you can view, record, and playback what went on in front of your vehicle, as well as inside or behind your vehicle.
- Front Dash Camera w/ DVR: The front dash cam lets you view a live video feed from the front or rear camera on your compatible smartphone or tablet device via the Alpine Recording viewer app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 7.0+), as well as record video from the front or rear camera on the dash cam's built-in DVR for playback later on your computer via Alpine's PC Viewer software program..
- Rear Interior Camera: The DVR-C3310R also includes a secondary camera for an additional recording device anywhere in the vehicle. Use the secondary camera to monitor and record activity inside the cabin, or point it towards the rear of the vehicle on the back windshield for rear-video footage.
- The Alpine DVR-C310R is not equipped with its own LCD video screen. You'll need a compatible smartphone or tablet running the the Alpine Recording viewer app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) for live view and Alpine's PC Viewer software program to watch recorded video on your Windows PC or Mac computer.
- The included rear camera is designed to mount inside the vehicle. It is not meant to be used as a backup camera that mounts on the outside of the vehicle.
- The DVR-C310R cannot be used with Alpine's multi-camera selector interfaces and adapters.
HD Video + WDR: The front dash camera is equipped with a 2.1MP (megapixel) CMOS image sensor, while the rear interior camera features a 1.0MP (megapixel) CCD image sensor. The front dash cam will capture 1080p (1920 x 1080) @ 30fps video images with a 144 degree viewing angle; while the rear camera captures 720p (1080 x 720 ) @ 30fps video images with a 140 degrees viewing angle. The front dash cam also supports WDR (Wide Dynamic Range Video). WDR technology automatically adjusts the exposure and white balance for a clear recording during sudden lightening changes and night vision allows you to capture footage when it’s dark. .
- WDR is not supported by the rear camera.
- Still photo images are not supported and not recorded.
Built-In Mic & Speaker: The front dash camera features a built-in microphone to capture and record audio inside the cabin of the vehicle. The front dash camera's built-in speaker provides audible alarms and alerts.
Note: The rear interior camera does not feature a built-in a microphone or speaker.
DVR: The front dash cam features a built-in DVR that records up to full HD 1080p @ 30 fps with a wide viewing angle, allowing you to capture accident footage and license plate capture. Video from the front camera is recorded at 1080p (1920 x 1080), while video from the rear camera is recorded at 720p (1080 x 720). Video is recorded in MP4 (H.264) format to the included 32GB microSD memory card (pre-installed); you can use up to a 128GB microSD card. The unit offers Continuous Recording, Manual Recording, Parking Mode, and Record Timer.
- Continuous Recording: While driving, videos are recorded in 1 minute segments. In addition, when an impact to the vehicle is detected, a video is recorded for 20 seconds.
- Manual Recording: You can manually record a scene you want to capture while driving and store it as a separate file. Simply the record button on the front dash cam. The unit will record for 1 minute.
- Parking Mode: When a moving object or impact is detected while parked, the unit will record for up to 20 seconds. You can choose to have unit monitor and record a moving object, impact, both, or neither.
- Record Timer: You can active a record timer feature in Park Mode that will record a video for a preset time (3, 6, 12, 24, 48, or 72 hours).
- To use Parking Mode, you must hardwire the unit's power and ground to your vehicle. If continuous power is not supplied to the unit, the it will stop recording when the vehicle engine is turned off. Parking Mode is not supported by the plug-in 12-volt power adapter.
- The vehicle's battery will not be charged while the vehicle is parked. If you record in parking mode for an extended period, the vehicle’s battery may be depleted and you may not be able to start the vehicle.
GPS Receiver: The included GPS receiver plugs into the dash camera with DVR and includes the location data in the recorded videos.
Viewing Images: Live video and recorded video can be viewed back on your compatible smartphone or tablet device using the the Alpine Recording View App (for Apple iOS and Android OS). You can also view recorded video (not live video) on your home computer using Alpines PC viewer software program.
- Alpine Recording Viewer App: Footage captured by the DVR-C310R can be viewed on your smartphone with the free Alpine Recording viewer app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 7.0+). Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device will connect to the DVR-C310R via WiFi. You'll be able to view real-time recording around your vehicle with Live View or review past recordings with the File List option. The app also lets you configure settings of the DVR-C310R - such as camera settings, memory card settings, recording function settings, and system settings.
- PC Viewer: Insert the DVR-C310R's microSD memory card into your laptop or desktop computer to view and manage the recorded videos and configure various product features through Alpine's PC view software for Windows (7 or later) and Mac (OSX X 10.8 or later). Your compatible Windows or Mac computer must have a Intel Core i5 processor or higher, 4GB or more of memory, and use Microsoft Explorer (7.0+) or DirectX 9.0+).
Mounting Options: The DVR-C310R offers simple mounting solution for the front dash cam, GPS receiver and rear interior camera. The dash front dash camera come with a self-adhesive mounting bracket that can attach it directly to the inside of the front windshield for a factory fit and finish with minimal obstruction. The rear camera includes tape to mount it to the inside of the rear windshield with minimal obstruction. Once the front dash cam and rear interior camera are mounted, you can adjust the vertical angle (up or down) of the cameras for better visibility and viewing image. The GPS receiver mounts near the dash cam on the front windshield using the included tape.
- Dash Camera: Select an installation location that can record the entire view in front of the vehicle without obstructing the driver’s vision. Ensure that the front camera lens is located in around the center of the windshield. Keep it as far away as possible from other antennas.
- GPS Receiver: The GPS receiver mounts near the dash cam on the front windshield using included tape.
- Rear Camera: Select a location on the rear windshield where there is no defrost grid wire and the camera can record the entire rear view
- The rear camera is meant to be installed inside the vehicle. It is not meant to be a backup camera that is mounted outside the vehicle.
- The rear camera has a sticker on it labeled "TOP". Make sure the rear camera is mounted with this label facing up or the rear view image will be upside down.
Power Requirements: The Alpine DVR-C310R can be hardwired to your vehicle's eletrical system using the included wiring harness. Power can also be supplied to the DVR-C310R through your vehicle's 12-volt power port using the included 12-volt power adapter.
Note: To protect your vehicle's battery, you can set the DVR-C310R to automatically turn off if your vehicle's battery drops between 11.6 to 12.3 volts. You can select which months to apply the battery protection feature.