About the Alpine HCE-C2100RD
For use with select Alpine receivers
For use with select Alpine receivers
Already decided on an Alpine touchscreen car stereo? Alpine's HCE-C2100RD rear-view camera is an essential accessory that provides an excellent, expanded view when you're backing up. With your compatible Alpine receiver, you can choose from four different viewing modes: rear-view, corner, ground, and panorama.
The Alpine super-cam with HDR
High Dynamic Resolution gives you the best picture yet, no matter which of its viewing modes you use. With HDR, you'll see more detail whether you're backing up in a bright parking lot at noon or a dark parking garage at midnight. This camera gives you a 180º horizontal viewing angle on the world behind you, so you won't miss a thing.
One square inch
This tiny camera measures less than one square inch, so it'll fit just about anywhere. The package includes a 34-foot cable with a proprietary Alpine plug that allows the camera to connect to a compatible Alpine car stereo.
Looking for another mounting option? The HCE-C2100RD is compatible with Alpine's KTX-C10LP license plate mounting kit (not included).
Front, back, or side cam
Alpine's KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector (not included) lets you use this camera plus two other cameras to display front, rear, and side views of your rig on your Alpine radio's touchscreen.
- backup camera with proprietary Alpine cable
- High Dynamic Range for improved exposure adjustment
- mounting hardware and 34-foot power/video cable included
- 1/4" CMOS image sensor
- color video output
- 4 viewing modes:
- corner (split right/left views)
- ground (downward view)
- panorama (larger rear-view perspective)
- illumination range: 1.5 to 100,000 Lux
- 180° horizontal viewing angle
- weather-proof camera housing
- dimensions: 15/16"W x 15/16"H x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-C2100RD
What's in the box:
- Multi-view camera (attached 20" harness terminated by 5-pin harness)
- 32.5' Power/Video harness (with female 5-pin connector on one end and a male 6-pin connector on other end)
- 2-Piece mounting bracket
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Rubber sleeve
- Rubber wedge
- 3M tape
- 5 Wire-ties
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
More details on the Alpine HCE-C2100RD
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||1.5 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||180 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||70 deg|
|Plug type||Alpine Proprietary|
Multi-View Backup Camera: The HCE-C2100RD multi-view camera will show you the obstacles around the rear of the vehicle from different angles to assist you with parking, backing up, and to even connect a trailer.
- Rear View: Displays an image of the area directly behind the vehicle. Use this when backing into a parking space.
- Corner View: Displays a divided image left and right of center. Use this when checking the left and right area directly behind your vehicle
- Panorama View: Display a general perspective of what is behind the car. Use this when you want to check mainly behind the vehicle.
- Ground View: Displays an image from above down to the lower section for the vehicle. Use this when determining the vehicle's position in relation to the curb, a trailer hitch, etc..
Note: This rearview camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Compatibility: The HCE-C2100RD multi-view backup camera is compatible solely with Alpine in-dash multimedia and navigation receivers which are equipped with a proprietary multi-pin camera input. The HCE-C2100RD comes with an extra-long cable to run the power and signal from the camera to your compatible Alpine receiver. Compatible Alpine receivers include - (as of 10/17/2019)
- INE Series: INE-W987D
- U Series: X108U, X208U, X308U
- i209 Series: i209-GM, i209-WRA, i209-WRA-JL
- X009 Seris: X009-FD1, X009-FD2, X009-GM, X009-GM2, X009-RAM, X009-TND, X009-U, X009-WRA
- X109 Series: X109-WRA
- X110 Series: X110-SLV, X110-SRA
- X209 Series: X209-WRA, X209-WRA-OR
CMOS Image Sensor + Wide-Angle Lens: The HCE-C2100RD multi-view backup camera employs a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor with 1280 (h) x 720 (v) effective number of pixels (1,228,800 megapixels). Plus an automatic exposure adjustment and white balance adjustment delivers clear viewing day or night. The Alpine HCE-C2100RD multi-view backup camera features a wide-angle lens (180° horizontal x 70° vertical) for an extended view behind your vehicle to reduce your blind spot areas. The camera's lens has a focal length of f=1.27mm and brightness of f=1.8.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): Thanks to HDR technology, the picture quality is much better compared to regular camera systems, for even better visibility behind your vehicle when backing up, with a high-resolution and high-detail camera image. The HCE-C2100RD offers incredible image quality in varying levels of light with a wide illumination range (1.5 to 100,000 Lux). HDR (High Dynamic Range) and automatic fast exposure adjustment eliminates image wash-out common when going from areas of heavy shade into areas with bright sunlight (for example underground parking, tunnels, etc).
Parking Guidelines: This multi-view backup camera includes convenient Parking Guidelines that can be fully adjusted to match the width of your vehicle. This makes parking safer and more convenient compared to a regular backup camera without Parking Guidelines.
Rugged Housing: The Alpine HCE-C2100RD employs a water & dust proof housing (IP68) to protect the multi-view backup camera from the outdoor elements.
Mounting Options: The multi-view backup camera comes supplied with a bracket designed to mount to the rear of your vehicle. The mounting bracket comes supplied with a self-adhesive pad and mounting screws. The bracket allows you to adjust the camera angle up or down.
Note: The HCE-C2100RD rearview camera is also compatible with Alpine's KTX-C10LP rearview camera license plate mounting kit (500KTXC10L, sold separately).
Optional Multi-Camera Selector Interface: Purchase an optional Alpine multi-camera selector interface (sold separately) to connect multiple cameras to a compatible Alpine in-dash navigation receiver.
- Universal 2 Camera Switcher: The Alpine KCX-C2600B Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC260, sold separately) allows as many as two cameras (including an Alpine front & rear camera or Alpine front and other brand of rear camera) to be connected to an Alpine or other brand of in-dash multimedia/navigation receiver with a composite video camera input.
- Proprietary 3-Camera Switcher: The Alpine KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC250, sold separately) allows as many as three camera systems (Front, Rear, & Side) to be connected to and controlled from select Alpine in-dash navigation receivers. Compatible Alpine receivers include the 10" Restyle navigation receivers (X110-SLV for 2014-up Chevrolet Silverado / X110-SRA for 2014-up GMC Sierra), 9" Restyle navigation receivers (X109D for various trucks and SUVs), 8" navigation receivers (X108U for various trucks and SUVs), and 7" navigation receivers (INE-W967HD, INE-W977HD, or INE-W987HD for universal applications).
2 questions already asked