About the Alpine HCE-C2600FD
Built for off-road use
Built for off-road use
Whether you're a city driver or an off-roader, a front-view camera is a huge help if you're worried about crunching your bumper or undercarriage. Adding Alpine's weather-resistant HCE-C2600FD front-view cam to your new Alpine touchscreen receiver helps you spot obstacles in front of your ride that are low and hard to see. Alpine gives you multiple views to choose from on the fly, so you'll have all the tools you need to navigate tight spots. Alpine provides the cables for connecting to their KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector or directly to your compatible Alpine touchscreen receiver.
HDR for better detail
High Dynamic Resolution gives you the best picture yet, no matter which of its viewing modes you use. With HDR, you'll see more detail whether you're navigating in a bright parking lot at noon or a dark parking garage at midnight. This camera gives you a 180º horizontal viewing angle on the world in front of you, so you won't miss a thing.
Multiple views on your Alpine car stereo
The HCE-C2600FD offers three viewing modes to give you better angles on what's in front of your vehicle:
- Panorama view: a 180-degree angle of what's directly in front of you that's especially useful driving out of "blind" alleys and driveways.
- Ground view: keep an eye on the ground directly in front of you for precise parking. Additionally, picture-in-picture view gives you a larger view of what's in front of you.
- Corner view: this split-screen view brings your extreme right and left into focus for tricky parking situations. Additionally, you'll see a picture-in-picture view of your regular front view.
Important Note: You can only use this camera with a compatible Alpine car stereo or with a KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector (not included) that's connected to an Alpine car stereo.
- front-view camera
- High Dynamic Range technology for more detail in light and dark conditions
- 1/4" CMOS image sensor with approximately 1.2 megapixel resolution
- color video output
- three viewing angles
- 180° horizontal and 125° vertical viewing angles
- 1.5 Lux minimum for night driving
- IP 68 weather-proof camera housing
- universal mounting hardware and power/video cable included
- for use with a compatible Alpine car stereo or a KCX-C250MC multi-camera selector connected to an Alpine car stereo
- compatible with Alpine's KTX-C10LP license plate camera mounting kit (not included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-C2600FD
What's in the box:
- Front-view camera (attached 39" harness terminated by 7-pin harness)
- 10' Power/Video harness (with female 7-pin connector on one end and a male 6-pin connector on other end)
- 2-Piece mounting bracket
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 5 Wire-clips
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
More details on the Alpine HCE-C2600FD
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||1.5 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||180 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||125 deg|
|Plug type||Alpine Proprietary|
Front-View Camera: The HCE-C2600FD front-view camera has three viewing modes to show obstacles on the sides and in front of your vehicle from different angles - Panorama, Corner and Ground Views. This front-view camera is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the front-view camera while driving.
- Panorama View: Panorama View gives you a wide 180º landscape view perspective of the terrain which helps you navigate in tight spaces.
- Corner View: Use the Corner View to identify obstacles on the sides of your vehicle and your distance from them, or how the distance of a rock in relation to your front tire.
- Ground View: Ground View lets you see cracks and crevices in the path immediately in front of your vehicle, so you can adjust your driving accordingly. If you're tackling a steep incline, the Ground View lets you see the decline in front of you.
Note: The HCE-C2600FD can also be installed as a forward-facing application underneath your vehicle. This allows you to position the camera so it can be used to monitor the suspension or front wheels, giving you immediate viewing of these items from your Alpine touchscreen.
Compatibility: The HCE-C2600FD front-view camera is compatible solely with Alpine in-dash multimedia and navigation receivers which are equipped with a proprietary multi-pin camera input. The HCE-C2600FD comes with an extra-long cable to run the power and signal from the camera to your compatible Alpine receiver. Compatible Alpine receivers include - (as of 10/17/2019)
- INE Series: INE-W987D
- U Series: X108U, X208U, X308U
- i209 Series: i209-GM, i209-WRA, i209-WRA-JL
- X009 Seris: X009-FD1, X009-FD2, X009-GM, X009-GM2, X009-RAM, X009-TND, X009-U, X009-WRA
- X109 Series: X109-WRA
- X110 Series: X110-SLV, X110-SRA
- X209 Series: X209-WRA, X209-WRA-OR
CMOS Image Sensor + Wide-Angle Lens: The HCE-C2600FD front-view camera employs a 1/4" color CMOS image sensor with 1280 (h) x 720 (v) effective number of pixels (1,228,800 megapixels). Plus an automatic exposure adjustment and white balance adjustment delivers clear viewing day or night. The Alpine HCE-C2600FD front-view camera features a wide-angle lens (180° horizontal x 125° vertical) for an extended view in front of your vehicle to reduce your blind spot areas. The camera's lens has a focal length of f=1.27mm and brightness of f=1.8.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): Thanks to HDR technology, the picture quality is much better compared to regular camera systems, for even better visibility in front of your vehicle, with a high-resolution and high-detail camera image. The HCE-C2600FD offers incredible image quality in varying levels of light with a wide illumination range (1.5 to 100,000 Lux). HDR (High Dynamic Range) and automatic fast exposure adjustment eliminates image wash-out common when going from areas of heavy shade into areas with bright sunlight (for example underground parking, tunnels, etc).
Rugged Housing: The Alpine HCE-C2600FD employs a water & dust proof housing (IP68) to protect the front-view camera from the outdoor elements.
Mounting Options: The front-view camera comes supplied with a bracket designed to mount to the front of your vehicle. The mounting bracket comes supplied with a self-adhesive pad and mounting screws. The bracket allows you to adjust the camera angle up or down.
Note: The HCE-C2600FD front-view camera is also compatible with Alpine's KTX-C10LP camera license plate mounting kit (500KTXC10L, sold separately).
Optional Multi-Camera Selector Interface: Purchase an optional Alpine multi-camera selector interface (sold separately) to connect multiple cameras to a compatible Alpine in-dash navigation receiver.
- Universal 2 Camera Switcher: The Alpine KCX-C2600B Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC260, sold separately) allows as many as two cameras (including an Alpine front & rear camera or Alpine front and other brand of rear camera) to be connected to an Alpine or other brand of in-dash multimedia/navigation receiver with a composite video camera input.
- Proprietary 3-Camera Switcher: The Alpine KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC250, sold separately) allows as many as three camera systems (Front, Rear, & Side) to be connected to and controlled from select Alpine in-dash navigation receivers. Compatible Alpine receivers include the 10" Restyle navigation receivers (X110-SLV for 2014-up Chevrolet Silverado / X110-SRA for 2014-up GMC Sierra), 9" Restyle navigation receivers (X109D for various trucks and SUVs), 8" navigation receivers (X108U for various trucks and SUVs), and 7" navigation receivers (INE-W967HD, INE-W977HD, or INE-W987HD for universal applications).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked